xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "could Not Detect Flash Controller" Error Nandpro 2.0e  (Read 129 times)

Haygar

• Archived User
"could Not Detect Flash Controller" Error Nandpro 2.0e
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(jmg9893 @ Sep 11 2011, 11:29 AM) View Post

Is it possible that Windows 7 is causing the conflict itself?

You could try right clicking on the program, Properties, go into Compatibility and Run as Administrator and possibly try running in compatibility for another version of windows. Bout all I can think of, to be honest I've always used the lpt method.

jmg9893

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

Hmm.... I will try that. After looking at the blown up picture of the board, I thought I saw a trace missing. I tested it with the meter and I believe it is confirmed to be gone! Hopefully fixing it will work. I'll keep you posted and thanks for the tip.

jmg9893

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »

Wow. The trace was burned out. Re-routed it. 3 Perfect dumps!   I should have waited till I got home and looked at the photos on the big screen!

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »

Very good. Burnt out? How did you do that? I did notice the scratches before but they looked pretty harmless but I have seen how easily they are cut from people removing the clamps, etc.

jmg9893

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Haygar @ Sep 11 2011, 06:57 AM) View Post

Very good. Burnt out? How did you do that? I did notice the scratches before but they looked pretty harmless but I have seen how easily they are cut from people removing the clamps, etc.

My guess is the crappy soldering iron I was using. I haven't had an adjustable temperature one in years and I wasn't about to go out and buy another one. I mean what could happen right?  rolleyes.gif

Oh well, all is golden now and I was also able to flash the new hacked image perfectly as well. Just have to wait for those mod chips to come in stock. Did anyone else notice that the CoolRunner II from Digilent was selling for $16 the day the news broke and now it is selling for $22. dry.gif