xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Newbie Jtag Questions  (Read 73 times)

boflc

• Archived User
Some Newbie Jtag Questions
« on: July 09, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(mooch49 @ Jul 9 2011, 11:19 PM) View Post

i am in the process of doing my first jtag. right now i am just preparing the points for when my nandx kit comes in the mail. but a couple of questions

1) is it still necessary to cut the EFUSE?

well, it's not necessary nor is it possible to cut 'the efuse'.

what is highly recommended but not necessary is to protect your efuses by either

1) remove r6t3
or
2) bridge the appropriate u6t1/2 points

to prevent efuses from being 'blown'.

2) i would like to do a 12v fan mod being that my board is a xenon. the question is should i do it separately by way of a 12v connection on the motherboard or can this be skipped being once jtagged you can change the fan speed through the nand.

there's no reason to do this physically anymore [even on retails (tho, for obvious reasons, it is less work to do on a retail than reading/writing its nand)].  just set your thermal targets appropriately to incent the fan behavior as desired.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(mooch49 @ Jul 10 2011, 05:57 AM) View Post

thanks for the clarification about the efuses. can i bridge those points before i complete the nand dump and jtag process? i only ask because i am still waiting for the nandx kit and i figure i jump ahead and do other things.

Yes, you can bridge the points now if you like. I always update my consoles to dash 7371 if they are on something older and then i bridge the efuse circuit.

mooch49

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »

i was in the process of clearing out the holes for the nandx. but before i could install it, the 360 no longer powered on. i obviously shorted something. any ideas what i could've done. my soldering is pretty good. i looked at the board and nothing seems wrong.