xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: - Xenon Or Falcon -  (Read 159 times)

Avinitlarge

• Archived User
- Xenon Or Falcon -
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »

The Falcon is the more reliable motherboard, I would hang on to it. Ive got 9 jtagged console's, 4 falcons, 1 zephyr and 4 Xenons. I would never keep a xenon or zephyr for my self due to them being unreliable but I am keeping a Falcon.

mike12345678

• Archived User
- Xenon Or Falcon -
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »

i would stick to the falcon , i've never had a problem with those i have however had a bunch of problems with the xenon mobos (e79 for no reason, or it works for a while and than just stops working) better off sticking to the falcon

KILLorBE

• Archived User
- Xenon Or Falcon -
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

AFAIK Jaspers are the most reliable 360's that can be JTAG'ed.

Falcons seem to be hit or miss, apparently there's a bad batch but I'm not sure how you can tell.
My Falcon RRoD'ed on me about 1 month after the warranty ended, and I didn't use it all that much.
I also have a Xenon which is still going strong, and a friends Xenon lasted way longer than my Falcon.

I'd say go with the Jasper, and I'm pretty sure most people agree.

Khaine

• Archived User
- Xenon Or Falcon -
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Cuddly Ninja @ Jun 22 2011, 09:37 PM) View Post

I know this is a newbie question but I am having a hard time understanding the dashboard thing.. Is it if you have updated your dashboard past a cirtain update then you cannot go back to the original to get a jtag to work.. So you have to have never connected to live? That does not seem right. And if it is the update can you go back or is it set in the chipset?

- Xbox 360 with kernel version 7371 or lower(Some 7371 and 7363 consoles may not work if they have the patched CB Console manufature date of 6-1-09 and later )

So basically you need a Dashboard of 7371 or lower, and a prayer hoping that the exploit hasn't been patched.

You cannot downgrade due to the e-fuses inside your CPU. If your Dashboard is higher than 7371, then the -only- way I know of to JTAG is to find a dead motherboard of the same type as yours with an exploitable CPU (had a dash of lower than 7371), put this onto your working motherboard (which requires a knowledge of reballing) and then use a donor NAND for your motherboard revision to install Xellous.

So yes, you basically need to find a console that hasn't been on Live for a long time.

Khaine

• Archived User
- Xenon Or Falcon -
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Cuddly Ninja @ Jun 22 2011, 10:37 PM) View Post

Then surely if someone goes online to do modding for a few hours, before they get banned, they will have to update? Or can they disable it somehow. And also there is no possability that my xbox is jtaggable as it has been online?

I assume you're talking about modded lobbies or something, which I've never done.

You can update a JTAG's kernel, just not in the normal way. That means you can get online because it will report the correct kernel to Live, but then you'll be banned pretty much instantly. My own JTAG is updated to 13146, and has the update for the new game discs. I didn't run a system update to do it, I had to patch my NAND and flash it to get the update.

As for your own box, check the dashboard number. Chances are you won't be able to JTAG it if it's been online within the past 2 years. Only way to be sure is to check the dash number and then dump the NAND.