xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.1  (Read 159 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.1
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »

All these updates are great, but when can I buy this or the Xk3y for my fat 360?

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »

They have a whole list of places to buy them from on the xkey site.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxdawg @ Oct 21 2011, 01:30 AM) View Post

They have a whole list of places to buy them from on the xkey site.

...and all of those sites have nothing to ship yet, hence the "pre-order" listed in those entries.

I'm not really above offering up my reputation and experience in the scene as a reviewer for these devices...  though I shill for nobody, and it would be a very honest review (though if these devices delivered what they promise and didn't blow up my console, I wouldn't foresee a thumbs down)

I've been waiting patiently for them since they were announced, and now we see endless firmware updates for  products that haven't shipped a single retail unit yet. It's great to see the improvements in the feature sets, but damn frustrating that we can't actually put them to use ourselves. Seems a little like taunting, though I understand that's not their intention.

brywalker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Oct 21 2011, 06:50 AM) View Post

...and all of those sites have nothing to ship yet, hence the "pre-order" listed in those entries.

I'm not really above offering up my reputation and experience in the scene as a reviewer for these devices...  though I shill for nobody, and it would be a very honest review (though if these devices delivered what they promise and didn't blow up my console, I wouldn't foresee a thumbs down)

I've been waiting patiently for them since they were announced, and now we see endless firmware updates for  products that haven't shipped a single retail unit yet. It's great to see the improvements in the feature sets, but damn frustrating that we can't actually put them to use ourselves. Seems a little like taunting, though I understand that's not their intention.

Couldn't agree more. I guess some xk3ys have been trickling out. I'm leaning towards this one due to the multiple methods of selecting games. Once that mixed media method is patched, what can you do with the wasabi? Also, xk3y has the same device for all units. I have an old phat offline one, if this red rings for good I don't want to have to get a new ODD emu.

My 0.02.

keystroke

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Oct 21 2011, 04:50 PM) View Post

not sure what you're talking about but the first batch has already been out and shipped, plenty of people have xkeys. Firmware updates are useful for people who got in the early batches. The stores have also received their second batches and are now shipping them to late comers.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(keystroke @ Oct 24 2011, 09:54 AM) View Post

not sure what you're talking about but the first batch has already been out and shipped, plenty of people have xkeys. Firmware updates are useful for people who got in the early batches. The stores have also received their second batches and are now shipping them to late comers.

Interesting... I was just going by the "Taking pre-orders now" notes at the sites I've gone to for both the Wasabi and the xk3y.

I'll have to take a look at ordering an xk3y when I get a chance... but a bit swamped financially lately, just moved out my 19yo, who just blew a head gasket in his car... the same week some dumbass pulled out into traffic - in front of my wife's car.

Needless to say, after fixing my wife's car (had to replace the front bumper, among other things, and we're on PLPD) and dealing with my son's situation, the cash flow is pretty bad right now.

...of course, as I said earlier, I'm not too proud to take on a review unit. I'm pretty sure the xk3y guys still have my info.  blink.gif

sinclairuser

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »

really fancied a wasabi but the way there being you know cagey and all is putting me off!
80 quid and all msoft has to do is remove mixed media playback on the next update and its relatively useless
since i have an arcade for live i'm now thinking maybe rgh is the way to go its all so up in the air at the moment! probably the best thing is to hold off just for a while wink.gif

natille

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »

Interesting )IPB Image