xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: x360glitchip Samples in Action  (Read 457 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
x360glitchip Samples in Action
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | September 13 23:20 EST | News Category: Xbox360

The team behind the x360glitchip (a Reset Glitch Hack modchip) released installation guides, pictures and videos of the chip in action:

Samples are available and have been shipped to selected reseller/reviewers.
Installation documentations have also been put online in the correspondant section.
Find here some installation pictures:

Here a little video showing the boot timing of the x360glitchip on Xbox 360 FAT.
And here same video for xbox 360 slim.

Official Site: http://www.x360glitchip.com

pif001

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »

boot time on FAT, twice at 4 secs, and once 8 secs... nice times biggrin.gif

on the slim the 1st time it was 4 secs, and the next one 20 secs...

Grim187

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »

wow that thing is big.

sucks they had to cross wires, good to hear its got low boot times tho.

$35+, ya i dident think they where gonna be under $25.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:58:00 AM »

i would imagine that's not easy enough for a average joe to install simply because of that, what i assume is, REALLY small wire to solder which seems even the slightest slip up and you could ruin it.

that really small wire i am talking about is in the first picture(i.e. FAT 360), in top right area of the picture to the left of that square black chip. that can't be easy enough for a average joe solderer to do.

because the solder parts in the top center area i assume are roughly the size of the XBox1's PIN header area? , because if i am right there then it's pretty safe to assume it's not going to be to realistic most people could solder that chip in without ruining it. because XBox1 PIN header area is about the smallest i would feel comfortable doing myself.

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(lenselijertje @ Sep 14 2011, 06:00 PM) View Post

The install pictures look nice, but i think the dvd drive and/or sata cable will still touch the chip itself.
I'm waiting for a flatter design like the matrix glitcher or the edge one.

I don't think it will be a problem.
It appears to be lower than the electrolytic capacitors and the heatsink which the drive sits on top of.

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »

sucks all these groups copying a £10 cpld and nobody yet has thought about adding a 2nd nand or usbspi
nobody wants to buy 3 chips to have dual nand glitch and programer...

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 06:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(warbeast @ Sep 14 2011, 12:21 PM) View Post

sucks all these groups copying a £10 cpld and nobody yet has thought about adding a 2nd nand or usbspi
nobody wants to buy 3 chips to have dual nand glitch and programer...

Very much agree with you mate..

d4m4n

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:44:00 AM »

On the fat model the chip is on the southbridge. Not a good idea since that chip lacks good cooling. This makes it worse.

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(ca102455 @ Sep 14 2011, 01:44 PM) View Post

Very much agree with you mate..

i thought if anyone would do it then tx would have done it look at the cygnos v1 £4 to buy with a basic 2nd nand so to add somthing like that wouldnt cost much and would give tx the extra features to sell a glitch mod

but looks like im buying a cygnos and a cpld from ebay instead....

Scrufdog

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »

I'll wait for a couple months for things to get tweaked and pretty and maybe even Alt points found. I'm a good solderer, but that one point makes me nervous. Oh well, I got some RROD boards to practice on anyway. If I can do the 128MB mod on the original xbox, I can do this.

-------EDIT-------

After looking at the install guide, that one point isnt bad at all. It actually lands on a copper pad right next to the component. The picture makes it look the wire ends on the component itself.

Mclane

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

Is there a faq anywhere that explains what you need once that chip is installed please...

I've searched a little but dental appointment says I have to clear off quick.

Would be appreciated.

kiler01

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

so when are we actually going to put this exploit to use by launching iso/god? i presume that is not yet possible without the mod chip? and what afterwards? is it possible to have a permanent jtag ? or is it a MUST to exploit it every time like that?

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »

I have been waiting a long time to post on here again.
How far off are we, from being able to easily mod most 360's the way I used to mod my xboxes?  Ie ...hdd's,unleashX,xbmc,etc...?

Ive been watching the scene from afar for a long while now, and it looks like the time is almost finally here.

Is there a way for MS to combat this with the versions already on the shelves?

Is there a way for MS to combat this from new Hardware/software from factory?

Congrats to the scene, looks like the 360 breakthrough is finally here!!! ( or I could be wrong, I hope not.)

Total n00b to 360 modding, but considered myself King of Xbox(1) back in the day! (except on these boards, always felt like a n00b here.   smile.gif

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(ChrishX @ Sep 14 2011, 06:33 PM) View Post

the chip MUST stay in the console and the exploit MUST be run that way every time you boot the xbox.
The older JTAG exploit was a software exploit, this one is hardware. You cannot downgrade the bootloader to an exploitable one since the efuses are destroyed and an older bootloader would not start.

So the JTAG hack doesn't require hardware or an exploit to be run every time you boot the console? That's news to me.

Takieda

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master Reefed @ Sep 14 2011, 08:29 PM) View Post

I have been waiting a long time to post on here again.
How far off are we, from being able to easily mod most 360's the way I used to mod my xboxes?  Ie ...hdd's,unleashX,xbmc,etc...?

A lot further than you'd think actually... this is very early in the life cycle of the mod for one, and two, most people who were so eager to work on the 360's have moved on to other scenes that were easier to work with, so a LOT of fervor has to be regenerated here to get the homebrew up to anywhere near Xbox 1's current levels. That being said, I expect things to start getting much more exciting to read here at X-S in the coming weeks.

Is there a way for MS to combat this with the versions already on the shelves?

No, this is a hardware exploit and does not care about any software Microsoft throws at it. As stated by the original release notes, there is no way to stop this hack from working in software.

Is there a way for MS to combat this from new Hardware/software from factory?

There is, however, ways to do it via hardware, and there will probably be hardware revisions very quickly to stop this from happening in the future, but as there are already so many slims and "unexploitable" phats already out there, there's a huge possible base for hacked 360's, and unlike the JTAG hack, this doesn't have a lot of exceptions (other than nonHDMI models) to the millions of units currently in people's hands.
Pages: [1] 2 3