xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xecuter CoolRunner Update  (Read 434 times)

demon-knight

• Archived User
Xecuter CoolRunner Update
« on: September 12, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »

Cant wait for this, although for the wider community a zero wire would be the nuts

X4life3

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »

This is great news I will be buy a few of these for sure. It says 100% accuracy, does that mean it will boot instantly? Also will these come pre-programmed or will I need to purchase a programmer.

SpikeMage

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:06:00 AM »

I know where my money is going. Never failed me before and I don't expect they soon will.

K3thunder

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 02:08:00 AM »

Is it me or is the percentage rate of how accurate this product is, seem like an attempt to buy people.

I like xecuter and all as i have been a supporter since the scene began, Just the reset hack is new to the public and everything feels so rushed... *sigh* At least these guys stopped at revision 3 for us.
 The chip is here so.. where is the homebrew?

BTW The next one should be called "Y.A.R chip" (Yet another reset chip)

pif001

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 02:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(K3thunder @ Sep 13 2011, 09:08 AM) View Post

Is it me or is the percentage rate of how accurate this product is, seem like an attempt to buy people.

I like xecuter and all as i have been a supporter since the scene began, Just the reset hack is new to the public and everything feels so rushed... *sigh* At least these guys stopped at revision 3 for us.
 The chip is here so.. where is the homebrew?

what about the boot time?!

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(pif001 @ Sep 13 2011, 09:20 AM) View Post

what about the boot time?!

Never mind the boot time, just look! Pretty coloured wires! Snazzy white board with LEDs on it! Probably a sticker to go on the case as well! Who cares if someone else has made one that's faster?

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 03:14:00 AM »

As long as you have everything hooked up correctly and your image built properly it will be 100% with the Coolrunner II from Digilent as well .... The only thing that makes theirs different is the ease of installation, it is still using the Xilinx chip ... The SMC reboots the system indefinitely , so it will keep trying until it succeeds ... Anyway nothing against the new product it looks pretty solid ... but still it sits inside the 360 does it really need to be 'pretty'

Also about the hacked kernel/dash .... These guys are making products because; like everyone else around here, they KNOW someone will release a 'booter' it's not an IF question, it is a WHEN question .... someone started working on the hacked dashboard the night this went public, 90% of the work is already done it just needs to be adapted to the new way of executing unsigned code.

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Sep 13 2011, 09:14 AM) View Post

As long as you have everything hooked up correctly and your image built properly it will be 100% with the Coolrunner II from Digilent as well

Got any evidence to back that up? Just one report/example? Not being confrontational, just asking.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Sep 13 2011, 06:44 PM) View Post

As long as you have everything hooked up correctly and your image built properly it will be 100% with the Coolrunner II from Digilent as well .... The only thing that makes theirs different is the ease of installation, it is still using the Xilinx chip ... The SMC reboots the system indefinitely , so it will keep trying until it succeeds ... Anyway nothing against the new product it looks pretty solid ... but still it sits inside the 360 does it really need to be 'pretty'

Also about the hacked kernel/dash .... These guys are making products because; like everyone else around here, they KNOW someone will release a 'booter' it's not an IF question, it is a WHEN question .... someone started working on the hacked dashboard the night this went public, 90% of the work is already done it just needs to be adapted to the new way of executing unsigned code.

It's being worked on by multiple teams (I'm sure at least one of them will be out well before the TX clone) would  have tested new code last night but the flashing machine (the only one with parallel port) had a catastrophic HW failure  grr.gif after a string of other F-ups on my part *sigh* will have to go at it again later tonight...

alukado

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »

Hi guys ,

Sorry if what I ask is a noob question, just found some sites are selling this for $15, is here any difference between them ? Check here : http://www.slickgate...x360_p2957.html

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 07:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Sep 13 2011, 01:20 PM) View Post

Uhm, the SMC is hacked to reboot until success. Even if it takes 40 attempts it will just retry until it works. Therefore each attempt to turn your console on is 100%. The exploit is only 25% but is reattempted until success.

This is widely known and is in even in the documentation of the original exploit.

The question was about boot times. The last news post of a modchip boasted it was much faster, booting with a maximum of 5 seconds (much better than waiting for up to 5 mins).

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Sep 13 2011, 12:20 PM) View Post

Uhm, the SMC is hacked to reboot until success. Even if it takes 40 attempts it will just retry until it works. Therefore each attempt to turn your console on is 100%. The exploit is only 25% but is reattempted until success.

This is widely known and is in even in the documentation of the original exploit.

Uhm, can you try not to take me for a complete idiot in future? Cheers wink.gif

Anybody spot the irony there?  rolleyes.gif

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »

Evidence well no , but I will in a few days.... The point I was making is that it is hype by Team-X , the product they are making is the same thing you can buy online, the difference being this has special connectors and color coded wires to make it easy to install. From a functional standpoint , it is the same thing.

My point on the 100% boot success rate, is simply that it will try until it succeeds ... I think this hack works better on Slims than it does the fats I have read more about problems with fats than Slims.

Anyway no unless I put facts out with my statements it is almost always speculation, but informed speculation, marketing is something Xecuter exceeds at these days, we will see if it boots any faster than the others, although that isn't their claim , the claim is that it has a 100% success rate.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

I'll buy the first glitch mod that is (mostly)  solderless.

I don't relish the idea of soldering onto chip legs ever again... especially with my failing eyesight (after radiation treatment).

[Imported]Intruder

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »

Can't wait  biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3