xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: More Reset Glitch Hack Chips and NAND Flashers: EDGE 360, x360 Glitchi  (Read 336 times)

thorro

• Archived User
More Reset Glitch Hack Chips and NAND Flashers: EDGE 360, x360 Glitchi
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »

Yeah, it's quite overpriced. I'll wait for chinese stuff, 5-7$/piece is OK price.

jimbo70

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ Sep 7 2011, 03:37 PM) View Post

take a look at the clip. this is similar to the old DMS4EZI for PS2. You push the whole plastic clip on top of the chip and it clips on. doesn't go in any holes: http://www.360-clip.com/

I like that they installed it on a Xenon mobo being that's the one board this hack doesn't work on.   biggrin.gif

Darkjasper

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »

The main problem with solder less solutions is that they have a tendency to come off or get lose.

So with all chips, I am assuming we will be able to update as new dashes become available? Only reason xell is the only option is because that's the only one that's been setup for this glitch? Sorry for my ignorance:).

DodgeM4s

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(thecrunked @ Sep 7 2011, 07:31 PM) *

while i would like to learn to solder, i don't want to begin learning on a $250 video game console. i really don't mind spending an extra 15-25 dollars or whatever on a solderless mod. either way i have to spend extra, i don't have a soldering iron or any soldering material, like i am sure many people also don't have.

There are tons of tutorials on youtube and you dont need the most expensive equipment to solder either. You dont have to practice on your console, you can find a dead PCI network card or something and practice on that. I managed to JTAG one of my old xbox's and im not that good at soldering.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »

Hmmm, I bet the next revision of the Xbox 360 will be just like the current one, only the entire board will be covered in epoxy.

masterofpuppets

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimbo70 @ Sep 7 2011, 10:58 PM) *

I like that they installed it on a Xenon mobo being that's the one board this hack doesn't work on.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Just want to point out that I don't think the 360 clip is used for the reset glitch hack but simply an adapter to use with an usb spi flasher/lpt flasher to dump/write to the nand without soldering. This would be really useful if you were a professional installer cause it would save you having to solder wires to read the nand.

This post has been edited by masterofpuppets: Sep 8 2011, 06:43 AM

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 01:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Sep 8 2011, 01:31 PM) View Post

Hmmm, I bet the next revision of the Xbox 360 will be just like the current one, only the entire board will be covered in epoxy.

Apparently it's already been 'patched' in all new HW and repairs (without the use of epoxy or potting, that just slows us down anyways.... by about 2mins ;-)

Even if they used a commercial potting mixture it would be a waste of time, and think of all the new RROD problems arising from overheating etc.. >_<

I think they have just done something to CB (New crypto?) I dont have time to check it out properly ATM..

So it's JTAG all-over again :-)

ahh.. back to the joys of slim moddding  grr.gif

ploggy

• Recovered User
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 02:10:00 AM »

EDIT: Made a new thread instead..

This post has been edited by ploggy: Sep 8 2011, 09:25 AM

Schweino

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Sep 8 2011, 09:53 AM) View Post

Apparently it's already been 'patched' in all new HW and repairs (without the use of epoxy or potting, that just slows us down anyways.... by about 2mins ;-)

Even if they used a commercial potting mixture it would be a waste of time, and think of all the new RROD problems arising from overheating etc.. >_<

I think they have just done something to CB (New crypto?) I dont have time to check it out properly ATM..

So it's JTAG all-over again :-)
ahh.. back to the joys of slim moddding  grr.gif

Where do you get that information from? Wonder when we will see this changed HW in stores.

xbox990

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 05:35:00 AM »

With the 360 Clip what else do you need to do the reset glitch ?

We are waiting for a modified/hacked dash.. but what else hardware wise.. ?

ddsdavey

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(thecrunked @ Sep 7 2011, 07:31 PM) View Post

while i would like to learn to solder, i don't want to begin learning on a $250 video game console.

What? Do you think we learnt on £250 consoles? No! We learned to solder on dead boards.Anyone has something they can practice on,rip an old tv apart,walkman!
But no not a £250 console!
QUOTE(masterofpuppets @ Sep 8 2011, 06:42 AM) View Post

This would be really useful if you were a professional installer cause it would save you having to solder wires to read the nand.

?
Any professional installer should be able to wire up a jtag in less than a minute imo,not being funny like but id race ya "clip" any day lol!

suhas93

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 04:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(thecrunked @ Sep 8 2011, 12:01 AM) View Post

while i would like to learn to solder, i don't want to begin learning on a $250 video game console. i really don't mind spending an extra 15-25 dollars or whatever on a solderless mod. either way i have to spend extra, i don't have a soldering iron or any soldering material, like i am sure many people also don't have.

People who can solder don't have super human hands that let's them make the next arc reactor. They have just devoted a little bit of time.

I was a super noob before, I didn't know how to solder and stuff. Now, I'm a noob who knows how to solder. All I  needed was a few hours and around $5.

skEwb

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »

So happy to see this. They ban paying customers and screw up peoples hardware. This is amazing. Keep the steady flow of chips and circumvention devices. We paid for the hardware, its ours!

truongta1990

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »

I have been thinking of doing the drilling method to my xbox. But now  this comes up... and makes me wait again!  uhh.gif
Pages: 1 [2]