xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need The Gpu & Nand Chips Swapped From One Xenon Board Onto Anothe  (Read 134 times)

evertonman67

• Archived User

OK guys,i've got a faulty Xenon board that was jtagged but now it's got a secondary error code 0022,which i believe is a really tough one to repair but i was told if i replaced the GPU and NAND chips from another Xenon board,this should sort out the 0022 error (then i can get to work on NandPro not being able to detect flash controller error).I have a spare Xenon board just laying round collecting dust lol.
Can anyone on here from the UK carry out the GPU and NAND swap from one board over to the other for me.Of course i'll pay for the work to be done but i'm really hoping my jtagged Xenon isn't just a scrap board and can be fixed for defo.
Thanks fellas,hope one or to of you might be able to help me.

This post has been edited by evertonman67: Jul 23 2011, 02:01 AM

mrkleen340

• Archived User
Need The Gpu & Nand Chips Swapped From One Xenon Board Onto Anothe
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »

While this doesn't help you find someone in the UK to do a service like this, you will not need to swap the GPU... it's the CPU that is married to the nand. Furthermore, from what I understand you do not need to swap the actual nand chip instead just flash it with the dump from the old one. So really what you are after is someone to swap your CPUs. Good luck

evertonman67

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 05:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrkleen340 @ Jul 23 2011, 03:08 AM) *

While this doesn't help you find someone in the UK to do a service like this, you will not need to swap the GPU... it's the CPU that is married to the nand. Furthermore, from what I understand you do not need to swap the actual nand chip instead just flash it with the dump from the old one. So really what you are after is someone to swap your CPUs. Good luck

Cheers indeed for that,i'm sure i'll be able to find someone here in the UK to swap them over,good knowing it's just the CPU that needs swapping over.Great help indeed

kkdd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 05:30:00 AM »

0022 isn't too bad, in many cases it's a duff GPU chip. Just have somebody replace it with another. CPU transplants are pretty hard to come by and will cost you a lot as they are a lot harder to do than GPU's, they take a lot longer too. I have a guy that does them for me occasionally but it takes about 90 minutes and is very hit-and-miss. With the price you're paying for the transplant, you may as well buy another exploitable xenon as they're pretty cheap.

But before you do anything, 0022 is also an error related to JTAGs such as a bad flash. If you're getting "unable to detect flash controller", and you know your board is fine (i.e. it boots up and there is no red light on the PSU), it's more than likely a soldering issue. Check if you have any burnt out spots and if you've soldered the correct places and have made a good connection. Use a multimeter to check the soldering, or upload a close-up photo.

herman69

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »

You can buy a new GPU from here for as little as £10 delivered (£20 if you choose DHL or EMS shipping), then get someone who reballs machines to do it for you. I woulf offer, but my old wrokstation died and currently waiting for my new ACHI to arrive.

evertonman67

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(herman69 @ Jul 23 2011, 07:19 PM) *

You can buy a new GPU from here for as little as £10 delivered (£20 if you choose DHL or EMS shipping), then get someone who reballs machines to do it for you. I woulf offer, but my old wrokstation died and currently waiting for my new ACHI to arrive.

I do have another GPU that i can use as a donar,i've got a spare Xenon board just laying around doing nothing,so all i need is someone to do the swap over for me,mate

herman69

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(evertonman67 @ Jul 24 2011, 01:01 PM) *

I do have another GPU that i can use as a donar,i've got a spare Xenon board just laying around doing nothing,so all i need is someone to do the swap over for me,mate

If you can wait a week or 2 until my unit arrives I can do it for you. My old workstation failed and I have a PS3 GPU reballed, waiting to be refitted that I can't do anything with. :-/

If you need it done sooner, ask if The Hanger will do it for you, I know they can reball GPU's, so should be no problem to simply swap the GPU from one machine to another.

Not sure how much they will charge tho, I imagine not much more than their usual price for reballing.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »

You can also get 0022 from flashing the wrong CPU key.