xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xecuter DG-16D4S - Unlocked Replacement PCB - Images  (Read 797 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
Xecuter DG-16D4S - Unlocked Replacement PCB - Images
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »

It can't be 100% solderless, unless if includes the tray motor as well. So, technically it has 5 solder points, but they are sub-novice level solder points. Anyway, replacing an IC isn't the hardest thing in the world, as long as you don't bend any of the legs in the process. Remove with a heatgun and suction tool, clean off and replace solder on the pads, blah blah blah. I think it's easier than repairing traces (like bottom of the 360 motherboard traces).

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 02:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(ruciz @ Jun 19 2011, 04:32 PM) View Post

To swap the chip you'll need a soldering station. Your 15w iron and braid won't do this one. Watch some youtube videos for epoxy removal and SMT replacement and you'll see the gear needed to do it trouble-free (and quickly)

@1nick9 -  Really? You advise people to painstakingly lift each individual pin, all 60 of them, and repair the pads as needed, to painstakingly deal with ripped traces and bridges? use hot air at the least, anyone using an iron for this is asking for trouble and wasting their time. Pay someone $40 who know what they are doing with the correct gear. If not, Make sure you have a spare board as reference and lots of spare time when the rest of the board falls apart. so you can figure out if thats supposed to be shorted or where that pad actually goes.

didnt giv epoxy a throught, just heat n peal that shit off pain stakin slowly. and yes i do advise ppl to do it afer some practice... how the hell do u think i was doin the 128mb  ram mod to the 1st xbox?? 15yr old gotta make do with wat they can tongue.gif til they can afford the air station. and u dnt lift with force. u wait til the legs r free movin as it wnt stick to the pads. if u try to lift against the solder u will rip traces for sure. and yeh this mod will b more econmoical for me as 20 compaird to 75... rest is just my time stuffin round which shouldnt b more than 30mins -hr seein there epoxy. tho i can see how many ppl will go for this pcb replacement just sayin might as well hav a crack after u dump ur info off it n see if u can get ic off without liftin a pad if so then order the ic as installin em is piece of piss.... its takin em off with no damage to pcb that is the hard part.

Edit: and that sounds like some nasty soldering skills u got there. obiviously if ur novis dnt try this but if ur confident in soldering, modded ps2 or d2c wii chipset (with d2ckey) hell even the d2b that had the legs cut.. patients is everything as in soldering if u dnt over heat anything. everything can b undone. thats wat desolder braids for n pumbs... but if u damage ur board... well its bugged but if ur not sure and u got ur drive key n info dumped why not try before ordering the pcb??? ic lot cheaper. and u might surpize urself with wat u can solder with abit of practice and just the iron(tho personally a good temp controlled station is a must if ur gonna get serious) just my 2cents.

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »

Since when did you have to change anything on the drive to update ap2.5 'tables'

The challenges are stored in the nand, the response, on the disc.

honda4eternity

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jun 20 2011, 12:15 AM) View Post

It can't be 100% solderless, unless if includes the tray motor as well. So, technically it has 5 solder points, but they are sub-novice level solder points. Anyway, replacing an IC isn't the hardest thing in the world, as long as you don't bend any of the legs in the process. Remove with a heatgun and suction tool, clean off and replace solder on the pads, blah blah blah. I think it's easier than repairing traces (like bottom of the 360 motherboard traces).

From team xecuter site - "it will be completely solderless – the install will simply be a cut and clip design."

hxxp://team-xecuter.com/xecuter-dg-16d4s-unlocked-replacement-pcb-update/

Somthing like this -

hxxp://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104093

smakusdod2

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jun 19 2011, 07:14 AM) View Post

If you have to ask, you don't have the skills to do it.

Really?  This kind of attitude kills the community here.  And you're a moderator?  Wow.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jun 20 2011, 06:15 AM) View Post

so you are someone who says on one hand that is impossible for it to be 100% solderless (even though its been quoted several times that it is and exactly how) yet you think that removing the epoxy and replacing the IC is a price of cake ?

You gotta laugh  jester.gif

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(smakusdod2 @ Jun 20 2011, 12:26 PM) View Post
Really?  This kind of attitude kills the community here.  And you're a moderator?  Wow.

Actually it's the kind of attitude that saves people from screwing up their hardware. If you don't have the knowledge to understand exactly what the process entails, I'd bet almost anything you don't have the skills to perform the operation. If you do have the skills to do it, you either already know what you'll need or can easily find it out.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(ruciz @ Jun 20 2011, 02:49 AM) View Post

LMAO. awesome points. You confirmed exactly what I was saying.

The LiteOn design 'problem' is NOTHING can write to the boards.. They initially told us VIA WON'T WORK! GET X360USB then install a soldered mod! Ha! Its a simple one right??

just my 2 cents, this is all for not come next dashboard update. I have a feeling they will update AP tables, which means unlocking the drive to write them, which means the sata will be sniffed and the unlock 'key' method reversed... I could very well be wrong as right with this, but it makes logical sense considering a whole REPLACEMENT board was designed and developed to remove this problem that can clearly be done with software...

I'm very interested to see how the next dashboard update that tries to write to a 225/401 with a replacement board likes being locked out. Something tells me this will be problematic.

Actually it was said that VIA can't read the 0225 boards, but works perfectly with the X360USB PRO as it was designed to work - which is still correct

The new board isn't an 0225 board - its custom made and can work with VIA

and you then talk about the unlock key being reversed ? what unlock key ? Seriously you have absolutley no idea what you are talking about so its best for you to not comment on these things as you will just be posting garbage and confusing other beginners or confusing those who are looking for correct information.

xc1234

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »

the cost of this pcb is 59.99
the cost of an entire replacement drive on eBay is 59.99
food for thought  laugh.gif

sudeki300

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

am i right in thinking this can be flashed without the probing and other methods, just straight flash via sata. i don't have all the gizmo's for flashing as i usually send it off to be done. if this can be flashed out of the box without probing and trace cutting then i might give it a shot. just ordered one just have to wait for the seller to get the stock...................sudeki300

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(sudeki300 @ Jun 25 2011, 01:31 AM) View Post

am i right in thinking this can be flashed without the probing and other methods, just straight flash via sata. i don't have all the gizmo's for flashing as i usually send it off to be done. if this can be flashed out of the box without probing and trace cutting then i might give it a shot. just ordered one just have to wait for the seller to get the stock...................sudeki300

You still have to have a dump (or at least the key) from the original drive as these PCB boards come blank.  As far as I know, the Lite-On slim drives don't need trace cutting to get the key.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(crackalac @ Jun 21 2011, 01:42 PM) View Post

this WP on this PCB can be enabled or disabled with a switch.  If you buy a replacement drive (9504) and MS decides to enable the WP at any point in time you will be buying this PCB anyway, so why not just get it now?

I thought the WP was hardware and not software.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jun 28 2011, 02:07 PM) View Post

It is.  From what I understand the TX replacement boards will have a hardware switch on it that you can toggle the Write Protect on and off.

uN0pEn

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jun 28 2011, 08:07 AM) View Post

The stock board WP is hardware (WP pin internally bound to ground) but enabled by a software command sent to the drive.

sudeki300

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bitte3602 @ Jun 30 2011, 04:19 PM) View Post

Today is 30 06 2011 my distributors don't ship to me the pcb i order and c4evah not release the firmware.... mmmm.....

the dates of the boards arriving to the resellers have changed from the 30th june to 4th - 6th july. just glad i can stop the pre-order if this release date starts to get silly. i still have the option of buying a 9504 drive for the slim, don't have a toss about XBLA and don't think these will be LIVE safe anyway. just has anything else in the past has not been............................sudeki300
Pages: 1 2 [3]