xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xecuter DG-16D4S - Unlocked Replacement PCB - Images  (Read 798 times)

Kloud

• Archived User
Xecuter DG-16D4S - Unlocked Replacement PCB - Images
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 02:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(zyo @ Jun 19 2011, 01:52 AM) View Post

how much harder it is comparing to the phat lity trace cutting and soldering

They're not even in the same ballpark. I can cut/repair traces and replace boards and lasers all day and I wouldn't even attempt this myself.

zyo

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 03:21:00 AM »

that's a bummer
guess 2nd hand locked pcbs are going to flood the market and someone is gonna make a fortune replacing the ic and resell them

pif001

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 03:49:00 AM »

i did hear that a cheaper solution is just around the corner....so just wait

Bitte3602

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 04:14:00 AM »

Please can someone tell me about this photo

where is the ENABLE/DISABLE WRITE in this board?

zyo

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 04:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(pif001 @ Jun 19 2011, 10:49 AM) View Post

i did hear that a cheaper solution is just around the corner....so just wait

source? hope its not your crystalball lol

lcbassist

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »

I don't see any problem with the price that they are offering this for. Sure there may be a way to unlock these locked boards in the future, but as far as being able to mod right away with no waiting, and being under the price of a retail game, people will buy these.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »

Why is anyone concerned with removing the IC from the board? Dump your firmware, flash it to this new board...no need to remove the IC. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

scottmuller28

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »

I'm impressed of solving a hurdle with a tweaked reproduction pcb board.  I think M$ would be surprised and kinda impressed - not - with the effort put into reproducing parts to overcome there anti tampering measures.

Now do we still need to go to this effort if we choose to use the xkey?

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »

my question... if your replacing the pcb board the flash is replaced correct?? does these drives support a sort of venter blank mode?? as imagen they wouldnt sell boards preflashed with copyrighted fw....

from my guess work u would dump the drive info first then replace ic or pcb?? which would b blank n flash custom to it??

also if u wanna do teh ic mod on this get some old pcb boards to practice on. hardest part is gettin ic off without liftin pads. if you can do this ur fine... still if u dnt mess too many up u can repair em (tho aim to not hav to do this)
you would either add extra solder to help heat the bits on the legs n pads. then slowly lift each pin up clear of solder. countinue till done all way round. desolder braid to clean up solder used to lift pins. clean up n put touch of flux on pads. line up new ic n tap couners into place. then flood with solder n use solder braid to clean up excess. inspect each pin for bridges (under good light helps as the solder shins) hell if ur keen multimetre each leg to each other...

tho myself i will be usin air station to remove teh ics. just explainin other way which can b done with iron only....

another hint too. if u get a bridge u cant get. sometimes u can get more solder off by adding more due to the flux and other solder will follow it so to speak (play with solider n u no wat i mean). so if u get bit stuck just add more n use desolder again. but make sure wen addin more that its meltin the stuck bit too n not just cold join on top of it.

pif001

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(zyo @ Jun 19 2011, 11:39 AM) View Post

source? hope its not your crystalball lol

source is previous threads and ozmodchips website!

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jun 19 2011, 08:20 AM) View Post

Why is anyone concerned with removing the IC from the board? Dump your firmware, flash it to this new board...no need to remove the IC. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

It's not this board. They're talking about the replacement chip which is also being released for about $20. You can either replace the chip or replace the board.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bitte3602 @ Jun 19 2011, 11:14 AM) View Post

Please can someone tell me about this photo

where is the ENABLE/DISABLE WRITE in this board?

I'm kinda certain that there will be instructions.

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jun 19 2011, 03:20 PM) View Post

Two different products. There is the IC replacement + another addon kit that is for professional installers / solderers for $19.99. Then there is this very simple replacement PCB that is no solder, no cuts, no messing about for $59.95.

QUOTE(TheGlow @ Jun 19 2011, 03:22 PM) View Post

Yea, seems when people say no solder, if theres a 10% portion of the PCB you dont have to solder anything, thats the "solderless" portion..

rolleyes.gif It's advertised as solderless / no solder. Not 1% solder, or 10% solder - but no solder. That means no soldering. at all.

QUOTE(1nick9 @ Jun 19 2011, 04:02 PM) View Post

from my guess work u would dump the drive info first then replace ic or pcb?? which would b blank n flash custom to it??

Not really guess work as thats exactley how you are told to do it smile.gif Dump the original and then flash the replacement. Simple.

QUOTE(ruciz @ Jun 19 2011, 04:32 PM) View Post

The issue at hand, the non-WE chip we are swapping (and built new boards for) should support a blank vendor mode - or boot with 0x72 status. meaning that all 225 and 401 drives WILL be flashable without X360USB - just like the 9405 drives are - after this required mod. Yay. If not C4e is trying to make some extra $$ by forcing the sale of X360USB. From what I know 225 will spit their key out on a via but won't write... this chip should fix that.

3 points here.

1. What does this board and the X360USB PRO have to do wuth c4E ? Nothing. So this hint at a "conspiracy" is nonsense.

2. Lets say it wasn't nonsense and that was exactley the case. So what ? he deserves every dime.

3. The whole VIA situation not working correctly is not something that was forced or manufactured by anyone other than the design by Liteon themselves causing that problem. I will confirm to you though that replacement pcb was made to work with VIA cards both reading and writing.

Hope this answers some questions.

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »

I get 100% solderless should mean you don't need a solder iron, but for anyone who can't solder things such as a few wires to pads what kind of mods are you comfortable with? Atleast take some old boards and try.  I see some people act like if you have to plug in a solder iron all hell breaks loose.  What's up with that.  

Personally, I'm in this thread because I have other who want their slims back up fast.  If I didn't want to purchase one of these pcb's I wouldn't be in this thread (hint).

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(ProphetOfPain @ Jun 20 2011, 01:09 AM) View Post

I get 100% solderless should mean you don't need a solder iron, but for anyone who can't solder things such as a few wires to pads what kind of mods are you comfortable with? Atleast take some old boards and try.  I see some people act like if you have to plug in a solder iron all hell breaks loose.  What's up with that.  

Personally, I'm in this thread because I have other who want their slims back up fast.  If I didn't want to purchase one of these pcb's I wouldn't be in this thread (hint).

it is 100% solderless.

ruciz

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ubergeek @ Jun 20 2011, 12:10 AM) View Post

3 points here.

1. What does this board and the X360USB PRO have to do wuth c4E ? Nothing. So this hint at a "conspiracy" is nonsense.

2. Lets say it wasn't nonsense and that was exactley the case. So what ? he deserves every dime.

3. The whole VIA situation not working correctly is not something that was forced or manufactured by anyone other than the design by Liteon themselves causing that problem. I will confirm to you though that replacement pcb was made to work with VIA cards both reading and writing.

Hope this answers some questions.

LMAO. awesome points. You confirmed exactly what I was saying.

The LiteOn design 'problem' is NOTHING can write to the boards.. They initially told us VIA WON'T WORK! GET X360USB then install a soldered mod! Ha! Its a simple one right??

just my 2 cents, this is all for not come next dashboard update. I have a feeling they will update AP tables, which means unlocking the drive to write them, which means the sata will be sniffed and the unlock 'key' method reversed... I could very well be wrong as right with this, but it makes logical sense considering a whole REPLACEMENT board was designed and developed to remove this problem that can clearly be done with software...

I'm very interested to see how the next dashboard update that tries to write to a 225/401 with a replacement board likes being locked out. Something tells me this will be problematic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3