xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!  (Read 1195 times)

sha

• Archived User
xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

Great idea, I thought of this a long time ago yet I did not have the programming know how to make it work.  I am wondering how updates will be applied to the emulator.  I am sure it will be like a flash cart for the NDS.  Also how did they get it to boot?  I thought to get anything to boot required unsigned code?  Is this for Jtagged systems?  Still a bit confused there...

Very promising indeed.

warcow

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »

Why do games have to be selected with the remote? If the xkey can make any game look legal, why not make a "game" which is just the menu for other games to be booted? That way we can just select games with the xbox 360 controller. smile.gif
You could even make a cool menu. Maybe XBMC style lookup of the usb/samba stored games with a scraper... (and storing this data locally so it only has to scrape new games)

OZ3DS

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(ar55 @ Jun 18 2011, 12:49 AM) View Post

What I am curious about is, if I put the device on passtrough mode or switch off the xkey and play original game live, can I still get banned? Also will DLC work? Is it safe to update to the latest dashboard?

Like what x360key developer said
"While we take every care to accurately emulate the XBox's drive we do not recommend using Xkey with XBL at launch. Shortly after launch we will release updates that address this.

Also, plenty of people have been banned while using CFW and there are still issues even with the latest iXtreme. For example, in order to pass the new Slim FW checks a lot of data has to be swapped around (C4E's so called 'rootkit'). This takes time and the checks take a lot longer to perform than they would on a stock drive. In the worst case it takes CFW takes 5 times longer to perform the check (15 seconds instead of 2-3). If MS have noticed this then it is quite possible that every Slim owner using CFW has already been marked for a ban.

[See timing graph for details.]

By comparison Xkey features a powerful ARM9 CPU that can perform the FW checks *faster* than the real drive running stock FW. We have the horsepower & the storage capacity to handle anything the future brings."

It would be safe on xbox live solution ....

sinclairuser

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(scorpion65 @ Nov 29 2011, 04:00 AM) View Post

http://www.x360keys.com/
Re: The real site is http://www.x360key.com. The one you went on is a fake  http://www.x360keys.com they also have a different facebook page. Stay clear from them.
The poster of this obviously has not ordered from www.x360keys.com.?????????????
 I preordered mine several Months ago through the supposed scam site http://www.x360keys.com/ with %10 discount and I only paid $88 dollars which includes FREE SHIPPING!!
The seller contacted me last Month to advise me that they are expecting a batch of shippments of the X360key and once received, will post a tracking number. Several weeks after that I received a shipping update with Tracking number!!!
I received my X360key today with all the contents as advertised. tongue.gif

X360keys.com still has the %10 off with free shipping and don't pay attention to posters saying this is a Scam Site,  it is not!!!!!

Scorpion

but //www.x360keys.com does not have the offical logo on the web page it also does not mention the xkey remote just something i noticed
maybe a mod or admin could possibly clear it up for us after all 114$ is a lot of money after all we dont want members getting ripped off!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »

I have to say, I'm not very happy so far with my XK3y (or X360Key or xkey, whatever the many ways to say it) purchase...

Why?

Just spent the entire evening updating my dash and drive firmware (I hadn't updated since the "drive flashing update"), finally installed the XK3y, only to discover the remote display panel is coming up blank.

Odd... I can plug it directly into my PC and it powers up... and finally, after wiggling the USB Dongle that provides power to the unit, and holding it very carefully, I can get the display to come up and even show the menu.

Unfortunately, as soon as I let go, it blanks out again.

It's a faulty "USB Dongle" that seems to be a big problem with the most recent version of this product. Ugh. Because they opted to attach it to the internal board with a flat ribbon cable, it would require some massive repair work on my part to make workable. Needless to say, I'm not happy at all with the XK3y guys, and I'm holding my breath to see how ModChipCentral handles my request for a good, tested dongle. I was already a bit disappointed that their promise of orders shipping on time fell through (also the promise about shipping orders from inside the US, though I'm in Michigan, so customs and shipping time was actually quite fast once they posted the package).

I was hoping to post a review of the device in the next few days, but right now, it's not looking good, neither for a timely review, nor for a good rating for this product.

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »

a review is coming up today. For americans. I got it in stock. Actually i got it on nov . 9 but haven't gotten around to it. Yeah it's been that darn busy especially because it's Thanksgiving. And the crazies come to my house. It's quite stressful.  I have not gotten a cold in 2 years but all of a sudden bam relatives come. and all hell breaks loose. The shopping and all. I was in line for a xbox360 and got turned away even though I had a ticket.  I think I got sick because I was waiting in line in the wee hours of the morning and no sleep. Body's defenses down. I got a spinning vertigo sensation but Im gonna put the review up.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »

OK, ModchipCentral got me a new dongle, temporarily charging me $25 contingent upon returning the bad dongle.

Upon plugging in the new dongle, everything is working great... I launched Skyrim with no issues. Still testing, I will report on other games and using the IsoMenu option, as well.

Overall, this is a slick device. Definitely worth the investment.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Dec 7 2011, 12:05 AM) View Post

OK, ModchipCentral got me a new dongle, temporarily charging me $25 contingent upon returning the bad dongle.

Upon plugging in the new dongle, everything is working great... I launched Skyrim with no issues. Still testing, I will report on other games and using the IsoMenu option, as well.

Overall, this is a slick device. Definitely worth the investment.

OK, tested with the latest games, and everything is working great. I was able to launch games like Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, and Rage without issues. I used the ISO Menu option, which works very well (Press Eject on the console to get the "Picture disc" to select the game, view the game's "folder" then press Eject again.)

I'm pretty happy so far, outside of the dodgy build quality. I had to carve out the mini-USB plug on the cable Mod Central provided, because the port it recessed on the display box and off-kilter (not sure how that happens). The USB Dongle was also not right.... apparently, many people are having problem with this part, mostly because of bad soldering. It seems the ribbon connector part is OK, but the problem lies in the circuit used to snag power from the console. Some people have apparently connected a powered USB hub to the dongle (dongle as host), and then hooked up their display panel and hard drive into the hub, since the data lines to the Xkey seem to be fine (through the ribbon cable).

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]