xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Electrical Interference Or Something Else?  (Read 51 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
Electrical Interference Or Something Else?
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:05:00 PM »

Howdy. I'm no stranger to the RROD, E74 and symptoms but this console has me a little puzzled. I bought an RROD console that I reflowed (as in SMD rework machine w/ preheater, not a heat gun) and JTAG'ed, though I didn't pay much attention to it until after I JTAG'ed it. Every time I use it, I get a very rhythmic pattern of completely clear picture alternating with some kind of "scanline" effect. The system is not overheating (60C CPU, 49C GPU, 53C EDRAM, 33C MOBO temps), and it starts this as soon as I boot the console. It's not the typical "line effect" that often precedes the RROD or E74. The console doesn't crash or lock up or anything either. It looks like electrical interference quite honestly, and this effect happens no matter what resolution it's in, and on both VGA and component video. All of the inductors look like they're intact, all the caps seem to be good, and there aren't any bent pins in the A/V socket. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anything I should be looking for? I have another console that I reflowed and JTAG'ed at the same time, and it puts out a perfect image all the time, so I know it's not just the TV/AC adapter/cables, etc.