xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Temperature Sensor Trace?  (Read 98 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
Temperature Sensor Trace?
« on: November 02, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

That would be a terrible idea, though, if your 360 won't boot, then I guess you'd have to. I don't know where said component is, but if you find out (and this actually works), then you'd want to 12v mod your fans, or at  least 9v mod them, otherwise they'll always run at idle speed, and your system will overheat and die. Take off your CPU heatsink and make sure there's a solid square imprint with Microsoft written backwards *clearly visible* in the thermal paste. If there's not, then that's your problem.

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:14:00 AM »

Ye double check that there is an imprint, that you cleaned the chip die perfectly etc.

If all this fails the issue will be temp sensor related, as a last resort you can cut the trace.
Only do this if you have tried everything else because in 99% of the cases it is really overheating...

Here is the pic.
IPB Image

Masonice

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »

where is the trace? i been getting alot of 2 reds, i need to do this, on a couple of boxes

ilovemyfbm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »

The trace is on the picture above your post. Its in the lower left of the picture.
You see the bottm left bolt hole, look a little bit to the upper right, and you'll see it. it has a very skinny black line going through it.

P.S. this is an old thread.

Masonice

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

well i havent found many posts on cutting the trace.
there must be another trace

ausmods

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

well i havent found many posts on cutting the trace.
there must be another trace

There arent a lot of people who will actually need to cut the trace... Like Willhelm said, 99% of the time, the problem is overheating...

dv8munky

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »

when you cut the temp sensor trace, do you cut both traces marked by the line, or just one? if just one, which one?

tayooo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »

just the one trace i just tried it on one i had laying around it rrod as soon as i powered it on now its got 3 rrod but atleast now i can over heat it and see if it works