xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Adding New Multiplayer Maps To The Main Menu.  (Read 687 times)

00g

• Archived User
Adding New Multiplayer Maps To The Main Menu.
« on: April 11, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »

I know it can be done, and appears to be pretty simple with Dothalo, but I just can't figure it out.

Basically what I'm trying to do, is add the new maps I've downloaded to the main menu so I don' t have to FTP into box everytime I want to play a different version of the same map.

I have DotHalo and Ch2r.

I can use Ch2r to swap wheels and skins on the hog but aside from that I'm lost.

With DotHalo I can't figure anything out what-so-ever. I've gotten it to load up maps, but the little button that say "add multiplayer maps to main menu" is contantly greyed out.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

edit the global tag in dot halo for your mainmenu.map.

Boogyman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »

Get Zanzibar and rename it to what you want. Open Zanzibar with hex editor. Go to offset 0x1bc. You should see scenarios\multi\zanzibar\zanzibar change zanzibar\zanzibar to something like mymap\mymap. Now open mainmenu.map and go to "matg"(Globals) tag and change the value to an unused value. There is only 11 maps so 12 would be the next. Now change the name and description to whatever you want. For Scenario Name put scenarios\multi\mymap\mymap or whatever you named it as and in Next value use the value you used before. Now resign it and send it to your box and that should work.

P.S. Were it says mymap, this can be changed to whatever you want to name it as.

I think this is done best with DotHalo. Also, I learned this from a tut written by farklem.

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boogyman @ Apr 12 2005, 06:18 PM)
Get Zanzibar and rename it to what you want. Open Zanzibar with hex editor. Go to offset 0x1bc. You should see scenarios\multi\zanzibar\zanzibar change zanzibar\zanzibar to something like mymap\mymap. Now open mainmenu.map and go to "matg"(Globals) tag and change the value to an unused value. There is only 11 maps so 12 would be the next. Now change the name and description to whatever you want. For Scenario Name put scenarios\multi\mymap\mymap or whatever you named it as and in Next value use the value you used before. Now resign it and send it to your box and that should work.

P.S. Were it says mymap, this can be changed to whatever you want to name it as.

I think this is done best with DotHalo. Also, I learned this from a tut written by farklem.

I also found that tut that you copied all that info from.

But when I open the map up in Dothalo, I can't get the Hexeditor window to populate.
Nor can I get the "add map to mainmenu" button to become un-grayed out.

Shadow1218

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »