xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: XCM HDMI Blaster Video  (Read 621 times)

troyBORG

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 12:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(stewii griffin @ Sep 25 2008, 09:53 PM) *

LOL Xbox error 07 - kernel - HDD timeout

I bet the Xbox was modded, and they didn't want to show it or something.  So they just took the hard drive out.

Shippy

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 12:59:00 AM »

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011406&p_id=4631&seq=1&format=2

Supposedly will do the same thing for 1/2 the price!

Elemino

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »

Unless you're out of component connections on your TV... this is absolutely pointless. Of course when you sell something like this, some people will buy it just because something or someone has told them they need to use HDMI for an ANALOG signal... whether they know what analog is or not.

alf4_n1n54

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »

**Note - This device is a format converter, not a scaler.  It will not upscale a standard definition signal into high definition.  It will simply allow a component signal to be plugged into an HDMI port in a situation where no Component inputs are available.

THE J0KER

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 03:24:00 AM »

Usless Item, has no optical out, and there much better made simalar products made by monoprice.com that trump this.

Plus, a HDMI reciever will upconvert those component outputs.

beauchampy

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 04:34:00 AM »

Think I might actually have a use for this thing!

I've got a 360 without HDMI, my TV has a VGA port so I run it through that. The snag is the VGA input on the TV only accepts up to 720p

Don't want to use the component input because the Wii is plugged in there.

Does this mean I can run my 360 via VGA to this box and get a 1080p picture on my TV?

Would be nice since I watch HD DVDs.

mace1337

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(troyBORG @ Sep 26 2008, 08:53 AM) *

I bet the Xbox was modded, and they didn't want to show it or something.  So they just took the hard drive out.

I'm betting that too, because the boot logo did not show "microsoft" below the green X, and the original bios does that.

So it has to be modded.

luther349

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 05:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(HaredX @ Sep 26 2008, 08:08 AM) *

People are actually paying for this? Why would you want a HDMI converter for a ps2 or an xbox? The signal going into the converter is analog so it's still going to come out looking like analog regardless of if its being transmitted through an HDMI cable.... This is just another thing that you have to stand up to switch on and off.... pointless.

newer tvs probly will not support composit later on but yes i agree such a converter is pointless atm. i use a dtv converter box with componet to fool my psp hehe so i can play games on my old 480i. as speaking of those boxes they would do the same for legicy devises like a ps2.

sirsmacketh

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(big_boludo @ Sep 25 2008, 09:36 PM) *

Somebody get the guy some fingernail clippers.

LMAO... exactly what I was thinking.

QUOTE(beauchampy @ Sep 26 2008, 07:34 AM) *

Think I might actually have a use for this thing!

I've got a 360 without HDMI, my TV has a VGA port so I run it through that. The snag is the VGA input on the TV only accepts up to 720p

Don't want to use the component input because the Wii is plugged in there.

Does this mean I can run my 360 via VGA to this box and get a 1080p picture on my TV?

Would be nice since I watch HD DVDs.

The picture quality between VGA, Component 1080i and HDMI 1080p is exactly the same. I own a 42" LCD and a DLP projector projecting onto a 107" screen. I have an XBOX 1 and a 360.

Why the hell are you using component for your Wii? It's not even High Definition! Get your priorities straight smile.gif You could save some money by swapping component imputs from your Wii to your 360 to get 1080i - or waste money on a box you'll have to swap inputs on anyways to acheive the same result.

This could be useful if you had a receiver that did component switching then you could have 2 or more devices plugged into it before sending the signal to this box.

I couldn't tell from the video if the video quality was THAT good to warrant picking this up.

QUOTE(Shippy @ Sep 26 2008, 03:59 AM) *

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011406&p_id=4631&seq=1&format=2

Supposedly will do the same thing for 1/2 the price!

Nice Find! At least with the optical input, you'll be able to preserve (assuming) the 5.1 audio from the original XBOX. However, the component output on my XBOX is just fine with XBMC so again.. another useless overpriced box from XCM.

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Sep 26 2008, 06:35 AM) *

The person who said you can't get 720p for DVDs with the MadCatz adapter is correct, because it's a component to HDMI adapter (same thing with this product), so the 360 thinks it's outputting over component, which CSS limits to 480p. The 360 upscales DVDs like pure shit anyway, the HD-DVD drive does a slightly better job, but a $40 upscaling DVD player would be a much better choice...or an XBox with XBMC.

That answers my question perfectly, interesting what you say regarding the HD-DVD drive being slightly better and even more interesting what you say regarding the xbox with XBMC dvd playback doing better upscaling.  I've got an old xbox there, what High Def connection options do I have out of the xbox1 though, I thought the best the ever did was Svideo?  Was there a component Advanced AV Pack also?  I've got the svideo advanced AV pack.

hydraulix

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »

"old analog"

you make it sound so bad.

proger

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »

You sort of have to wonder how much quality could be lost in the A->D conversion?

QUOTE(avatar1976 @ Sep 26 2008, 09:07 AM) *

That answers my question perfectly, interesting what you say regarding the HD-DVD drive being slightly better and even more interesting what you say regarding the xbox with XBMC dvd playback doing better upscaling.  I've got an old xbox there, what High Def connection options do I have out of the xbox1 though, I thought the best the ever did was Svideo?  Was there a component Advanced AV Pack also?  I've got the svideo advanced AV pack.

Yep, they have a component AV pack.

Some people have also rigged up VGA cables for the 'ol Xbox.

chronno

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

My TV has 2 component inputs and 2 HDMI ports.  I have the PS3 with the HDMI, a V1 xbox360 running at 1080p over component, Xbox1 at 720i over component, and my Wii on S-video because I'm out of component ports.  I do have the component cables for the Wii.  In a situation like that one could use this device.

(yes I did say 1080p over component.  A few HDTVs will support it.)

Munkee915

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »

now, since i have a 360 w/o HDMI, and i have a TV w/ an HDMI input, would it be worth it to hook the 360 up to the VGA input on the blaster?  Since the 360 does 1080p over VGA but not component?  i know its not true digital, but its still 1080p right?

xmods

• Archived User
XCM HDMI Blaster Video
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »

Ok well i think you guys are missing the point in this item. First of all no matter what kind of magic touch or hardware you have you aren't going to turn a 480p or 720p (xbox) video source into full 1080p. Think of it like this, you have a pc that is only capable of 1024x768 (for instance), even if you connect it to a 1080p hdtv you won't get anything above 1024x768 resolution. The same thing applies here. However this is useful to those who have more hdmi ports than component ports, which applies to nearly all the hdtvs on the market right now. Also it only has one set of component ports because that is all you need. If it had 3 sets it would require 3x as many components inside the device thus increasing the price substantially, putting it out of the reach of most consumers. With the xcm multi-console cable v3 you can connect 3-4 consoles using just one set of component outputs. That along with this would make for an ideal combination for alot of people who own all the last generation consoles. This device is mainly meant for people who need the component jacks for their dvd player, satellite dish, cable box, etc. If you dont like this unit, then by all means don't buy it. Its great xcm comes out with this sort of thing, for the ones who do want it and need it.

QUOTE(sirsmacketh @ Sep 26 2008, 01:06 PM) *

LMAO... exactly what I was thinking.
The picture quality between VGA, Component 1080i and HDMI 1080p is exactly the same. I own a 42" LCD and a DLP projector projecting onto a 107" screen. I have an XBOX 1 and a 360.

Why the hell are you using component for your Wii? It's not even High Definition! Get your priorities straight smile.gif You could save some money by swapping component imputs from your Wii to your 360 to get 1080i - or waste money on a box you'll have to swap inputs on anyways to acheive the same result.

This could be useful if you had a receiver that did component switching then you could have 2 or more devices plugged into it before sending the signal to this box.

I couldn't tell from the video if the video quality was THAT good to warrant picking this up.
Nice Find! At least with the optical input, you'll be able to preserve (assuming) the 5.1 audio from the original XBOX. However, the component output on my XBOX is just fine with XBMC so again.. another useless overpriced box from XCM.

First of all if you cannot tell the difference between composite and component on the wii then you need glasses, plain and simple. You don't need a high def signal to notice the difference between a connection that uses one single cable to transmit the video signal or 3 different cables that seperate each color. The difference is definately noticable, even to near sighted people. I also take offense to you calling it useless. Just because YOU don't need it, doesn't mean noone on the planet does.
Pages: 1 [2] 3