xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Broken Av Jack  (Read 67 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
Broken Av Jack
« on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »

The pins are soldered to the board, and thus so is the black casing, technically, but it's very much removable, and if you're patient, pretty easy to do.

brandogg

• Archived User
Broken Av Jack
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »

For removing the entire jack, you need to heat up the entire area at once, with a hot air rework station or *possibly* a very hot heatgun.

Ktmrida4lyfe

• Archived User
Broken Av Jack
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Sep 19 2008, 01:43 AM) View Post

For removing the entire jack, you need to heat up the entire area at once, with a hot air rework station or *possibly* a very hot heatgun.

Could you flood all the pins together with solder then heat that up and remove it?

brandogg

• Archived User
Broken Av Jack
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:22:00 PM »

The pins are pretty far spread apart, so I don't think you'd get very far trying it that way.

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
Broken Av Jack
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

Hmm I tried this a while ago because I was bored, like put a lot of flux on it since the solder just wouldnt melt, keeping the heatgun at the same spot at 500°C made it get loose slightly, still coudnt manage to pull it out after a few minutes so I gave up, the plastic was kind of melted at this point as well.
So good luck mate, try to heatgun it from the opposing side so that the plastic doesnt get any direct heat it is pretty easy to fuck it up that way...