xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need Help With Applying Patches To "default.xbe"  (Read 633 times)

Cooter34

• Archived User
I Need Help With Applying Patches To "default.xbe"
« on: April 10, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »

...stopping the game running that you patch the "default.xbe" to? (Like Halo 1 or Halo 2 etc, or any other game for that matter!)

Let's just say I tried my first patch... I got a .exe auto installer patch from "#xbins" to change various settings in Halo etc, (too many too list), but carrying on, I ran the patch to my "default.xbe" and it stopped the game from working and just stayed on a black screen when I attempted to load it from the Evolution X Dashboard!

I have backed it up and replaced the broken "default.xbe" with a working one, so that's not a problem, but I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong? Or if NTSC has compatibility problems with PAL on some Xbox games as I have a PAL Xbox being as I live in the UK!

I also tried an alternate patch that I patched myself this time using "PPF-O-MATIC" and the same thing happened with the black screen... Any ideas? I've patched various textures before and they seem to work fine, but whenever I touch the "default.xbe" which is supposed to make it all run anyway, it just crashes and goes black before it even starts to load, as I keep stating!

Again, any ideas? Thank you for reading, and if it is just a simple compatibility issue and I'm not doing anything wrong, then is there anyway in which I can convert my PAL games to NTSC format?

Or maybe it's just a question of, I need to simply "fix" my "default.xbe" file if I apply any type of patch to it before it can run? Like with some sort of "after patch fixing tool" like "Encryptomatic" for example?! Thanks...

Regards,

Cooter34

Boogyman

• Archived User
I Need Help With Applying Patches To "default.xbe"
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

I think what your asking is how do you mod halo 2 maps? You need PPF-O-Matic which you already have. You DO NOT patch default.xbe, you only patch the .map. You need to know what map the patch was made for.

Ex.
Download zanzibar_inf_ammo.ppf(not real)
Copy Zanzibar.map to PC HDD(make sure you back up your map)
Open PPF-O-Matic and for ISO Image thats were your map location goes.(Change from ISO Image to All Files *.*)
For patch, find zanzibar.ppf and hit Apply, then it will say Done!
Now FTP zanzibar.map(your patched one) to your Halo2/Maps and enjoy zanzibar with infinite ammo.