xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Few Modding Questions?  (Read 671 times)

Ghostofreach

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« on: April 09, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »

Ok I have a few questions because Ive never done this before...Im trying find out where all the map files are located on halo 2...I linked my xbox to ftp and when I connected I see folders  C partition D,E,F,G,X and Y i think...someone told me to look in Y: but the only thing is see is cache001.map and 002 ...where are all the map files of halo 2 located? I want to add some new maps I downloaded but I dont no where to look...also I downloaded 3 different trainers for Halo 2...None of them work...they show up in my trainers menu but when I turn stuff on nothing happens...can anyone tell me how I can access all halo 2 files...such as maps...textures...player files...all of that stuff...thanks alot for any help.!   :)

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »

ok the maps, save them to the hard drive of your xbox. only way to edit and play them or you can edit them then burn them to cd. as for the trainers, look at my trainer guide in my profile

Ghostofreach

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 07:36:00 AM »

Wait...save them to the hardrive?...I just want to know how to get like all the game files for halo 2 off my xbox onto my pc...such as player profiles...map files...vehicle files..ect.  but thanks for the trainer guide...if anyone could answer my other question it would be most appreciated

Gaymer

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ghostofreach @ Apr 10 2005, 02:36 PM)
Wait...save them to the hardrive?...I just want to know how to get like all the game files for halo 2 off my xbox onto my pc...such as player profiles...map files...vehicle files..ect.  but thanks for the trainer guide...if anyone could answer my other question it would be most appreciated

put your halo 2 disc in your xbox then ftp to your xbox and transfer the D folder

Ghostofreach

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

how do u transfer the D folder?

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

im pretty sure there is an ftp guide on the main x-s site... look there.

Ghostofreach

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »

I have ftp set up and i found all my folders...but theres nothing in the D folder except 2 things they are like cache001.map and 002.map ....thats it...and a fonts folder...

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

yeah you definitely arent in d:\ try clicking refresh and make sure that the game is BEING read on the dash, but your not in the game.

Boogyman

• Archived User
A Few Modding Questions?
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

The cache thing only works for Halo 1. There is no point at looking at maps and such because you can't mod levels unless Halo 2 is saved to your Xbox HDD. Now as for modding profiles that can be done. Look it E:/UDATA/4d530064 now I would suggest copying that entire folder to your PC HDD if you want to edit. As for trainers, you can't use them if you have played Xbox Live before, there is a topic in here that tells you were the folder is(I think on your E) to delete in order to be able to use Trainers for Halo 2 and any other Xbox Live game. All your maps textures and files and such are going to be on your D:/ when you put the game in as runawaywarthog said.

This post has been edited by Boogyman: Apr 13 2005, 12:47 AM