xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: AcidMods' RapidFire Mod with out Microchip  (Read 394 times)

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
AcidMods' RapidFire Mod with out Microchip
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »

I wouldn't ever use this myself, especially for online play.  I guess it would be kinda fun in single player to go through CoD4 or something with just the rapid fire pistol.  Stuff like this is annoying for online play though.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »

Controller mods are lame. I wish MS$ had a way to detect this stuff. Same thing with those FPS keyboard adapters... Unless everyone is on the same playing field its not even fun. It's like having a weight lifting competition against a dude who is on roids and all you are taking is protein bars.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »

If the competition use better equipment and you wish to stay in the game then you must use also step up in the hardware stakes.
If the opposition uses something not available to all then fair enough.
Just like the people who quit PES if you pick Barcelona or quit if you use the cut back technique.
If it is available to all and legal then either make sure you only game against people with standard hardware or take them on at their own game.

juntistik

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

Great mod but its just going to be abused by most.

sad.gif

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

Now they come out with this, when yesterday I went out and got all the parts from radioshack and built my own chip.  Oh well.  At least it was only 26 bucks for the parts and I feel like I did more then just solder two wires and a switch.  And I still have my rumble also since I didnt use a PCB.  Another plus I can adjust the rate of fire with my controller where this one it doesnt look like you cant.  And for all you people that say this is cheating: rapid fire controller have been around forever.  What the difference between doing this and buying a 3rd party 360 controller that has rapid fire?  You have the resources available, don't blame us because you fail to act.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »

Just to clear up some things..

1. The picture of the controller in the OP is the CG version, while the ones in the videos are the older Matrix one. The LEDs in the CG are Common Cathode and the Trigger lines go high to fire, so every single reference to voltage/ground is bass ackwards with respect to that picture and is probably causing some confusion. In reference to the Matrix controller it's correct though.

2. This is also limited by the game, as if the pulses are too fast the controller/game will only see the line as being held low all the time and not each individual pulse, so it will act like the Trigger was pulled and held, and all you'll get is one shot when pressing the button.

3. Not to take anything from the ingenuity of the mod but, compared to using a simple 555 timer circuit where ya can fine tune the speed ya need, not to mention being able to use any of the 4 player slots without having to move the wire, this isn't a very good idea for people to be doing to their controllers as the results are going to be all over the place.

4. This does not work on the newer Wireless CG version of board or on the newer Wired CL version board. I don't have a Matrix version Wired controller here to test, but I'd guess it also does not work on it either.

If anyone is curious what the REAL problem here is with it not working, it's the battery voltage. I tried it, it didn't work, but clearly it does from the videos, so I went looking for the problem. With a PSU (3v) or AA pack (3.0v) the thing didn't work at all, but it DID work just fine with a PnC pack (2.6v). So while yes this does in fact work, it also does in fact not work. It's just way too sporadic to be considered reliable IMHO. Good job on discovering it and all, but for the people that want a good solid Rapid Fire setup, with the option to fine tune the speed from game to game to get the most from the weapon they're using, then they should look into building themselves a nice 555 timer circuit to do the job. Spend the money on a kit if ya like, it's your money, but making it yourself isn't that difficult and is much more rewarding, plus ya get to learn some about electronics along the way, and yes any of these type of mods can be made to use the Trigger for the button with just a SPDT or DPDT switch and cutting a trace.

EDIT: Also, this isn't something I'd recommend or do to any controller, take it or leave it, just my opinion on the mod.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »

Well it definitely doesn't work on the new style controllers because I just tried it and the best it will do is a single shot. It would have been nice if the Acidmods post had stated that it doesn't work on new controllers before I started though  dry.gif . It also seems from what others have found/said that it's very hit or miss if it even works on the old style controllers at all. Not really the cheap and easy rapid fire mod they hyped it up to be sadly.

DJEuthyphro

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(stradric @ Jul 28 2008, 11:50 AM) View Post

Great... so I guess the Gears 2 chainsaw battles are destined to be rife with cheating.

I never thought of that. Considering winning a chainsaw battle in gears2 comes down to pressing A really fast, this is gonna be a problem. Rapid fire should only be used with friends offline.

mafiafan123

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

So it only works with the x801769-026 and not 024 so basicly if you wire a 024 and or new "CG" board it will only do single fire, is there a way to make it work like the 026 or matrix board?

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »

Look, I'm not whining because I really don't care that much, and I do realize these types of mods have been around a long time, and that you can buy 3rd party stuff that has macros and other cheats. I'm not so cheap as to not be able to buy the fancy controller other people have either.

The point is that it isn't FUN to play games that way, and it certainly isn't fun to play against people who are cheating if you are not cheating yourself. The solution shouldn't be "then why don't you cheat too". Uh, because I dont' want to and that isn't fun as far as I'm concerned?

Now if there was a special uber-elite room on Xbox Live for people cheating, I wouldn't care, because I wouldn't go there. But as it is these cheaters are in the regular sessions owning everyone and making the games less fun for those of us who just want to play under even playing conditions... If I had a $1 for everytime I was on Live and then said to myself "how the heck did they just do that"  jester.gif

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(mafiafan123 @ Jul 28 2008, 05:24 PM) View Post

So it only works with the x801769-026 and not 024 so basicly if you wire a 024 and or new "CG" board it will only do single fire, is there a way to make it work like the 026 or matrix board?

Build a 555 timer circuit instead, it'll work on both controller setups with little modification as well as let ya fine tune the speed of it if need be. If ya can solder on to the side of an 0603 LED without messing it up ya can build that thing. wink.gif

Plenty of other Rapid Fire type mods in the 360 Case Hardware Modding section also.

HackerSupreme

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

The 555 circuits take a lot of components. Looks like trash IMO. You should get a Microcontroller kit. That is what I would say...IDK...But they are boring to install. 1 chip, 2 resistors, some buttons, and wires, so boring...

Wolf12886

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

Speaking from personal experience, (I built custom 555 based autofire circuits for my original xbox, then, later for my 360), there really aren't that many opportunities to use these in most gaming.

I specifically built my first auto fire mod for the plasma pistol in halo 1, for this, it worked extremely well, but most shooters since then have added fire rate limiting to semi auto weapons. To date, I've only used the auto fire on my 360 once or twice. Also, I don't see the point in complaining about people using it with their pistols in cod4, since even an auto pistol can't compete with a good rifle, all it really does is make the pistol achievements easier, which has no real effect on the other players.

Lastly, I look at it this way, if the only thing deciding a battle is who can mash the trigger fastest, then who cares who wins,there's no skill or thought involved, so what has the winner really accomplished?

chadives

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »

I say bring on the rapid fire users, chances are if anyone really thinks it gives their opponent that much of an advantage while using it, than they probably have a lot of time to think about it while waiting to re-spawn. laugh.gif

jinn

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 01:01:00 AM »

For this mod what is the best switch to use
http://www.allelectr...p...1&template=Switches
Pages: 1 [2] 3