xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playing Campaign Co-op Online  (Read 443 times)

HushangIVVI

• Archived User
Playing Campaign Co-op Online
« on: November 21, 2004, 07:41:00 AM »

earlier today, me and my friend we tryin 2 play co-op on lan using xbc. It said that it didnt work. Does any1 kno if there is a patch or something that can trick the xbox to have co op work. Any and all info regarding this topic is greatly appreciated

thanks

Salvage13

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

its been done already. I saw Fantastic 6 members on neXBC playing systemlink COOP Delta Halo. I guess they were testing it.

I'm pretty sure fantasitc 6 has
Model Extraction & injection
Sound Extraction & Injection
Rebuild Map Software
Systemlink Coop Mod
and everything that would take us civilians 2 years to do

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Salvage13 @ Nov 21 2004, 07:52 PM)
its been done already. I saw Fantastic 6 members on neXBC playing systemlink COOP Delta Halo. I guess they were testing it.

I'm pretty sure fantasitc 6 has
Model Extraction & injection
Sound Extraction & Injection
Rebuild Map Software
Systemlink Coop Mod
and everything that would take us civilians 2 years to do

Wow if this co-op stuff has been done, then ACE!!! How did you know they were playing co-op btw? (not that I don't trust you, you released some good mods so far   :) )

johnnobts

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

if this is true (co-op) via lan, then i would owe the Fantastic Six Team big time...  If they coiuld come up with something this big, this fast, I'd have to say donations would definitely be in order...  Though I'd still have to see it to believe it.

Decko5

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

yeah this is confirmed they are working for a public release
i wonder if its voice supported

element4536

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

dum asses, u can already do co-op on xbc. there isnt a mod for it. i played it all day w/ my friend but u can only play it w/ one person on ur box. i beat the entire game on online co-op.

Acetylene

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

You're an idiot, no system link or online coop comes with the retail version. I'd be ecstatic if online coop comes out, even though the amount of people I know with modded Xboxs is limited.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 02:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (element4536 @ Nov 21 2004, 07:14 PM)
dum asses, u can already do co-op on xbc. there isnt a mod for it. i played it all day w/ my friend but u can only play it w/ one person on ur box. i beat the entire game on online co-op.

Wow.. just wow.

I was thinking.. maybe he meant two player co-op on the same Xbox, thinking this guy actually does have a brain, but then he says he beat the entire game via online co-op.

:ph34r:

This post has been edited by shanafan: Nov 22 2004, 10:28 AM

HushangIVVI

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

Just to clarify, i mean co op over lan, as in 2 diff xboxes not on the same xbox. u can do co op on same xbox already. Does any1 know when they will release the mod or patch or whatever it is they are gonna make public?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 01:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (HushangIVVI @ Nov 22 2004, 08:48 PM)
Just to clarify, i mean co op over lan, as in 2 diff xboxes not on the same xbox. u can do co op on same xbox already. Does any1 know when they will release the mod or patch or whatever it is they are gonna make public?

We all know what you meant. Don't expect such a mod or patch in the near future, if ever

This post has been edited by shanafan: Nov 23 2004, 09:56 AM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Nov 23 2004, 09:27 AM)
We all know what you meant. Don't expect such a mod or patch in the near future, if ever

I strongly expect it  :)

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

i saw the coop on kai on delta halo, i was like omfg?!

gnutellafan

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

well, I hope those of u saying its real are right but Im not holding my breath

jason jx

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

it is real 100% i saw it for my self...... i saw a game on xbc and i noticed it said test and i thought that it was a test for a game or something so i clicked onit and and it said enter password so i just put test and i managed to get init. on the game i went on system link and it came up a game with 4 players and the maps was gravemind and it said co-op...... i went onit 2 c if i could play but i couldent lol coz it just came up that u need more that 1 player on ur xbox.

well if it was the fantastic 6 that were testing the mod well im sorry at 1st i did not know so im sorry if ur reading this right now but u need better passwords! i  just guessed it and i got in lol!

Aislin

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »

I have trouble enough reading through the jibberish on forums, it doesn't help when the jibberish is made up and includes shit like "onit 2 c if i could play but i couldent lol coz it just came up that u need more that 1 player on ur xbox."

Good god.

I'm impressed already with the fantastic 6 guys, and if this is true, sounds great.

And I hope they have some strange sense of humour on their site, because lots of the crap they have in there just makes me think they're huge obnoxious losers.

But I'm thinking they're just trying to be funny or something.

Here's hoping.