xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: C4Eva Samsung iXtreme LTplus v2.01 in Progress and PC DVD Burner FW Dr  (Read 1510 times)

AtlantaMods

• Archived User
C4Eva Samsung iXtreme LTplus v2.01 in Progress and PC DVD Burner FW Dr
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »

kick ass i just got my burner today

TheGlow

• Archived User
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(XeoNoX @ Oct 21 2011, 11:25 PM) View Post

unless your drive is hot swappable then i would have to say that about 99% of people shutdown and restart to power cycle. Failure to do so with a non hot swappable device could result in bad things. (in this case the iHASx24B's are not hotswappable) So i would say you are playing with fire my friend.

One of the main features of SATA is hot swapping. The problem is you need to have AHCI enabled for windows to be able to detect it again after losing power.
And if you enabled it on a winxp machine, youd get bsods because it cant have ahci and legacy ide enabled same time. That was the whole hit F3 or whatever at win install for RAID drivers.
Vista and 7 can, so you can swap between both modes.

I've hot swapped PCI cards when flashing 360 drives. DOS is fairly lenient with that.
Just like the lie 32 bit OS cant handle more than 4gb of memory.
Windows consumer 32bit cant by default. There's some work arounds for that.

Cybore

• Archived User
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2011, 12:42:00 AM »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's the point of crossflashing if the drive's firmware is going to be replaced with ixtreme burner max? Any point to do this to a 124b if you're just going to use the drive to backup xgd3 games?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2011, 01:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cybore @ Oct 22 2011, 08:42 AM) View Post

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's the point of crossflashing if the drive's firmware is going to be replaced with ixtreme burner max? Any point to do this to a 124b if you're just going to use the drive to backup xgd3 games?

Maybe cus c4e mentioned the drive will keep functioning as before only with the extra ability to burn more data. Therefore I guess not the whole firmware will be replaced but just the part that handles that area.

XeoNoX

• Archived User
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2011, 01:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheGlow @ Oct 21 2011, 11:13 PM) View Post

One of the main features of SATA is hot swapping. The problem is you need to have AHCI enabled for windows to be able to detect it again after losing power.
And if you enabled it on a winxp machine, youd get bsods because it cant have ahci and legacy ide enabled same time. That was the whole hit F3 or whatever at win install for RAID drivers.
Vista and 7 can, so you can swap between both modes.

I've hot swapped PCI cards when flashing 360 drives. DOS is fairly lenient with that.
Just like the lie 32 bit OS cant handle more than 4gb of memory.
Windows consumer 32bit cant by default. There's some work arounds for that.

SATA is a standard where many parts of it can be optionally implemented by the manufacturer of the hard drive or controller. Manufacturer's can choose whether they want to implement a 150MB/sec or 300MB/sec transfer rate, just like they do with RPM, whether they want to implement NCQ, hot swap, or eSATA compatibility all independently.

You will be able to hot swap any SATA drive in an external enclosure if the eSATA controller you're using supports hot swap. Many (but not all) SATA controllers do. Also your SATA chipset must support AHCI as u mentioned, as well as the Operating System, and its not reccomended to hotswap with a 5pin molex or 5 pin molex  to sata adapte/dongle. with all these factors i would just recommend that your typical non techy just shutdown the PC, its 100% fool proof and will save the typical person from dead hardware

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2011, 04:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cybore @ Oct 22 2011, 07:42 AM) View Post

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's the point of crossflashing if the drive's firmware is going to be replaced with ixtreme burner max?

There will be different versions of the firmware for the different drives, so if you converted your drive to a 524B, you would use the version of Burner Max for the 524B and your drive would still have Smart Erase and LabelTag after you've flashed it.

Any point to do this to a 124b if you're just going to use the drive to backup xgd3 games?

Nope, no point whatsoever. Only do it if you actually need the extra features that it unlocks (in your case, that's Smart Erase and LabelTag).

Mr.Gamer

• Archived User
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2011, 04:53:00 AM »

OK, so form what I see the only available model in my area, for the current time, is iHAS124-19. So my question is: Can I safely buy it an flash it with the firmware provided by C4eva?

wilydodger

• Archived User
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2011, 04:57:00 AM »

Thanks for the info on crossflashing guys.  I was kind of kicking myself for springing for the 424, but not dropping the extra couple bucks to get the 624.  I downloaded the tools and found a firmware installer from codeguys that transformed my 424 to a stock 624 firmware. Voila!

Labletag works, but I agree it's a bit cumbersome.  I even used the official LiteOn tool to update the 624 firmware.  Now to just wait for the mod.

Thanks again...

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2011, 05:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mr.Gamer @ Oct 22 2011, 11:53 AM) View Post

OK, so form what I see the only available model in my area, for the current time, is iHAS124-19. So my question is: Can I safely buy it an flash it with the firmware provided by C4eva?

I've seen a few people on forums say that they bought one of those and it's the required B model, but I haven't seen anyone say that they bought one and it turned out to be the wrong one, so you should be fine. I can't guarantee it, but I would bet on you getting a B model too.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2011, 05:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheGlow @ Oct 22 2011, 02:58 AM) View Post

Who the hell seriously reboots the whole pc to power cycle a drive?
Just unplug the damn power cable, and the sata if you're paranoid..
AHCI enabled preferably.

AHCI is one thing that's recommended to be OFF when flashing or crossflashing LiteOn drives. See post 1 here.

tullyfish

• Archived User
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheGlow @ Oct 22 2011, 02:58 AM) View Post

Who the hell seriously reboots the whole pc to power cycle a drive?
Just unplug the damn power cable, and the sata if you're paranoid..
AHCI enabled preferably.

Someone who already has the drive installed in a tower?  Rebooting is a lot faster than taking the side of the case off.

TheGlow

• Archived User
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Exobex @ Oct 22 2011, 07:13 AM) View Post

AHCI is one thing that's recommended to be OFF when flashing or crossflashing LiteOn drives. See post 1 here.

Like that post says, if you enable AHCI on Win XP, you will boot loop endlessly. Only time I have to actually switch ahci off to ide is if I'm doing dos flashes because dos wont see any AHCI enabled ports.
I'll do it with ahci enabled and let you guys know if I have any problems.

QUOTE(tullyfish @ Oct 22 2011, 09:38 AM) View Post

Someone who already has the drive installed in a tower?  Rebooting is a lot faster than taking the side of the case off.

I guess we all have different setups. I have my tower sideways just for this, thumb screws. off in 5 seconds or so.

crazygoldfish

• Archived User
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »

Enough of the chat on hot swapping drive, bore someone else with that and create a thread elsewhere

gadits

• Archived User
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(XeoNoX @ Oct 21 2011, 10:19 PM) View Post

HOW TO CROSS-FLASH your IHASx24-xx:

3 FILES NEEDED:

1. Flash Utility for LiteOn Based Optical Drives (Version 6.0.1 as of the time of this tutorial, just use latest version)
2. EEPROM Utility for LiteOn/Sony/BenQ Drives (Version 6.2.0 as of this time, just get the latest version)
3. firmware.exe  (the firmware of your choice that you wish to flash/crossflash)

all files can be found here: http://codeguys.rpc1.../utilities.html

CROSSFLASHING
1. Launch the latest EEPROM utility and backup the EEPROM.
2. Launch the latest Firmware utility and backup the Firmware.

Steps 1 & 2 are to make sure you have a copy of your original incase you wish to send back for warranty

3. Flash the drive using the Firmware utility by using the  <firmware>.exe you wish to flash. LEAVE ALL SETTINGS AT DEFAULT, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, just load firware and flash the drive (that simple) Wait for flashing to be SUCCESSFUL
4. Now shut down your computer, unplug the power cable to your PC, COUNT TO 15 SECONDS, plug in power to PC and start back up your PC. This procedure is call power cycling the drive. (The Green activity LED on drive will flash constantly)
5. Run the EEPROM Utility and choose the Convert option. This finish the cross flashing process.
6. After you are done converting, you must power cycle the drive again by shutting down PC and unplugging for 15 secs.
7. Turn back on PC, The drive will now be recognized as an iHASx24-xx model (the firmware u chose) and the process is now complete.

(NOTE to those having problems crossflashig: some people say to disable AHCI Mode and enable IDE Mode in the BIOS to crossflash, not necessary but reccomended)
EXTRA DRIVE AND CROSSFLASHING RELATED INFO:
Possible (50/50 chance, its a hit or miss with the drives below weather or not it will be a B drive ) Rebadged lite-on ihasx244-B drives below, just make sure they are using the (MT1839LN Chipset)
Sony Optiarc AD-724xS
Plextor PX-880SA
Asus DRW-24B1ST
Asus DRW-24B1LT
TEAC W524GS
ihasx24-As (MT1879LE Chipset) can ONLY be crossflashed with frimware meant for ihas124-a's ( MT1879LE Chipset)
ihasx24-Bs (MT1839LN Chipset) can ONLY be crossflashed with frimware meant for ihas124-B's ( MT1839LN Chipset)
DO NOT CROSSFLASH A's with B's or B's with A's
It is OK to crossflash any ihasx24-A with any other ihasx24-A firmware
It is OK to crossflash any ihasx24-B with any other ihasx24-B firmware
When it comes to the B series, they all use the same Mediatek chipset, but they are not all hardware identical. There are in fact two hardware streams available:

iHAS124, iHAS324 & iHAS524 are all EXACT identical in hardware, it is the firmware which enables/disables various features that is different. These drives do not have a LightScribe sensor module, so although you can crossflash them to any other B model from the second group, the LightScribe feature will still not work due to the missing module.

iHAS224, iHAS424 & iHAS624 are all EXACT identical in hardware, and again it is the firmware which enables/disables various features which is different. These drives all have the LightScribe hardware included, and they are all LightScribe enabled.

The LabelTag/LabelFlash feature on the other hand does not require any additional hardware so any B drive can be flashed to an iHAS524 or iHAS624 and the result will be a LabelTag enabled drive. Same goes for the Smart Erase feature ... any iHAS324 B, iHAS424 B, iHAS524 B or iHAS624 B firmware is Smart Erase enabled.
The various features can be summarized as it follows:

iHAS124 B: -- -- --
 B: LS -- --
iHAS324 B: -- -- SE
iHAS424 B: LS -- SE
iHAS524 B: -- LT SE
iHAS624 B: LS LT SE

where: LS=LightScribe, LT=LabelTag, SE=SmartErase

in short it would be ideal/logical to turn any iHAS124B or iHAS324B into a iHAS524B (however it can be flashed to any ihasx24B u want)
or
in short it would be ideal/logical to turn any iHAS224B or iHAS424B into a iHAS624B (however it can be flashed to any ihasx24B u want)

keywords: ihas124b ihas224b ihas324b ihas424b ihas524b ihas624b

for more in-depth lite-on DVD/CD/ROM/MEDIA relate issues just visit  http://club.myce.com/f44/

hello
i have Sony Optiarc 7240s burner and i want to try to crossflash it but i need one of you guys answer to my questions
1. how can i know if my burner have the MT1839LN Chipset ?!
2. if its Y=nec it means that i cant crossflash?
3. if its A can i crossflash and to what firmware(iHAS124B or iHAS324B or iHAS424B or iHAS524B or iHAS624B)
please help me uhh.gif
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]