xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flash Lite-on 74850c Already Have Hey?  (Read 73 times)

EluZioN

• Archived User
Flash Lite-on 74850c Already Have Hey?
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »

Hello All,

I have never flashed a Lite-On drive (have done all others).  All guides including JF reference using a probe, or soldering to obtain the key.  My questions is....this box has XBR and I already have the key, so do I still need a probe/soldering or can I simply use the key and somehow write iExtreme to the drive?  

Any help is appreciated. I plan on flashing 1.6 Non Stealth (I read the other thread about LT) as this box will never be on Live.

Thanks,
EluZioN

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »

Yup you could use that DVD key to build a new Firmware to flash on you drive without probing or soldering. The rest of the unique data in the firmware will be lost though but you won't be goin on live anyway with jtag installed

This post has been edited by krayzie: Feb 7 2010, 09:22 AM

Spegs12

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »

Would someone care to expand on this? Do I just have to inject the DVD Key into the correct version of LT and how?

grimreaper204

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 05:59:00 PM »

Use ixtreme 1.61, it will boot for all future waves so you will not have to reflash (especially since you will not be going on live) just open Jungle flasher, open your source file if you have one otherwise open target firmware (1.61) and manually type in the key, save the file and write it onto the drive, I use dos but JF can do it as well if it doesn't freeze on you

goodluck