xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ripped Off With Xbox Ea Sports Purchase  (Read 991 times)

Spartan Guinea

• Archived User
Ripped Off With Xbox Ea Sports Purchase
« on: September 19, 2013, 06:35:00 AM »

Hey

I bought 2100 Microsoft points from GAME and put them on my Xbox live account, I decided to purchase EA Sports 2013 Ultimate team for 2000 points and I also used the remaining 100 points on EA as well, this was on the 18th August 2013.

To date (19th September) I have not received anything from Xbox or EA.

I complained to Xbox who told me it wasn't their problem, this seems crazy, I purchased 2100 points from Microsoft, essentially I spent £20 with Microsoft.

They are telling me that I have to contact EA direct to get my money back, it costs $2.50 a min to do this, now based on a 10 minute phone call to EA this is going to cost more than the purchase of points.

OK, so how does this work?

I imagine I ring EA, they tell me to go back to Xbox to confirm the points were purchased, easy go to my account and find the downloads, no problem, but then I have to go back to EA to show them the downloads did not work.

Is this totally stupid or what....

To me, if I had not purchased the 2100 points from Microsoft I would not be able to go on-line and buy the season pass, but to them this makes no difference - WHY? because the pass belongs to EA - even though the points belong to Xbox.

So who has my £20?

I mean I bought the points from Microsoft, have they transferred the money to EA for a purchase I did not receive or have Microsoft sat on the money because EA have not requested it because they never sent me the season pass.

To me Xbox should take some kind of responsibility for this transaction, I purchased the 2100 points in good faith, I was not aware the purchase was linked to EA and that if the download was completed it would be EA who would need to be dealt with.

Xbox YOU SHOULD TAKE SOME KIND OF RESPONSIBILITY INSTEAD OF DENYING IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Any advice????