xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: All Xbox 360 Consoles Now Unbanned From Xbl  (Read 283 times)

DUBiSM

• Archived User
All Xbox 360 Consoles Now Unbanned From Xbl
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »

Yes this might be my first post but it's true, Over the past hour all XBOX 360 consoles have been UNBANNED from XBL
Go check yourself, enjoy while you can!!

Jumpy_Beans

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »

Yeah it's crazy news! A lot of questions to be asked, who knows what they're trying to do.

This post has been edited by Jumpy_Beans: Apr 26 2011, 09:19 PM

chriskeens

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

although any attempt to download from the market place just results in an 80150101 error

DUBiSM

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »

Yep but atleast you can connect. also most game updates arnt working atm

Iv found this, if it means anything towards it
IPB Image

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »

Oh man that is odd. this must be a server error on their part, as I don't see Microsoft would want JTAGs previously banned from getting back on Live.

d3adpool

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »

i was shocked to see the update software msg when i turned my banned xbox on a little while ago.  There's no way in hell i'm updating my console at the moment until I know more about it.  It was very tempting at first glance as that console has been banned for almost 2 years but it seemed too good to be true, like a trick.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(d3adpool @ Apr 26 2011, 09:51 PM)  

i was shocked to see the update software msg when i turned my banned xbox on a little while ago.  There's no way in hell i'm updating my console at the moment until I know more about it.  It was very tempting at first glance as that console has been banned for almost 2 years but it seemed too good to be true, like a trick.

The current dash is OK (I updated with whatever was on Portal 2, and I don't get a prompt to update the dash)

I can't say the same for future dashboard updates.

I don't think the game updates are working... I get an error, but testing the Live connection seems to work. Hopefully, they allow us to do everything but Gold level activities. Even better if they do something like the Bulletstorm multiplayer code thing, but allow you to play on Silver with a paid multiplayer DLC mod.

CrispIce

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »

I just tried a game that doesn't need an update (halo3 mp disc), and it works online with banned console.  It does give an error if you try to get any Title Update, but you can play online if you get the title update from another console or pc.

Morning Call

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »

thats really messed up...

dont have a banned console to test though.

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »

hmmm this is really odd. I bet they're trying collect info on how widespread piracy really is. Then make a better algorithm or banning routine. They're just testing payloads. They use the previously banned consoles as test subjects. Good sampling size.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Apr 26 2011, 11:22 PM) *

hmmm this is really odd. I bet they're trying collect info on how widespread piracy really is. Then make a better algorithm or banning routine. They're just testing payloads. They use the previously banned consoles as test subjects. Good sampling size.

Well, they already know what consoles are hacked, that's why they banned them in the first place.

If people are smart enough, they updated to LT+ firmware. It should make it very difficult for them to detect at this point, as far as detecting if a game is a backup or original being played.

On a side note, however, I saw somebody post that the beta dashboard out there has the ability to flash firmware on the optical drives? I find it hard to believe they could even READ the firmware on drives that have Firmguard, since it was designed to be inaccessible without special hardware intervention. It's possible, though that by opening up the network, they might get people to update to this new dashboard.

This post has been edited by BenJeremy: Apr 27 2011, 04:33 AM

Scrufdog

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »

sooo..... does this mean it cleans out your xval? My buddy has an AP25 flagged box that hasnt been online, will this clear the xval flag? I'm not sure I get the point of taking a banned box online if its still flagged internally, which would trigger a ban once this is all fixed up.

tomei

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »

Just tried this on my banned xbox 360. Confirmed working. Just head to xbox.com and get the 94.7mb update on to your usb stick and flash it.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-3...em-updates.aspx

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 01:04:00 AM »

Wow this is really strange.  uhh.gif

Rammieone

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Scrufdog @ Apr 27 2011, 05:06 AM)  

sooo..... does this mean it cleans out your xval? My buddy has an AP25 flagged box that hasnt been online, will this clear the xval flag? I'm not sure I get the point of taking a banned box online if its still flagged internally, which would trigger a ban once this is all fixed up.

Just checked my Xval on a banned console and even tho i can now connect to live its shows as a banned console on Xval.

Pages: [1] 2