xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is Philips Cd-i Possible?  (Read 326 times)

hcf

• Archived User
Is Philips Cd-i Possible?
« on: June 03, 2013, 04:29:00 AM »

At the moment I don't know about the existence of any CD-i emulator with open source code. If any source code of any CD-i emulator is released in the future, it could be ported to Xbox (allways keeping in mind that Xbox will have a hard time to emulate it, as CD-i is in the same generation as consoles like the 3d0 or the Saturn, whose emulation is not 100%). But nowadays it seems that we have no open CD-i emulator to port sad.gif

As far as the CD-i Zelda games is related, be warned that they are not similar to the other Zeldas. Maybe you can see the AVGN episode related to the CD-i, or any Youtube videos about CD-i playing Zelda, and you will see that they are not "typical" Zelda games. I am not saying that they were bad... but if you are expecting classical Zelda games, they are not that kind...

unclebree

• Archived User
Is Philips Cd-i Possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »

Thanks. It's good to know that it's at least a possibility. I know the Zelda games aren't traditional Zelda (they look more like "Monkey Island" type games), but it would still be nice to have them. (If, and when, a CD-i emulator becomes open source.)