xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm New To This And Retarded Please Help!  (Read 828 times)

spartan-177

• Archived User
I'm New To This And Retarded Please Help!
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

As you can see i'm retarded and clueless when it comes to this.
I bought and Xbox today and it arrived with emulators on it but no roms apart from 6 N64 games
Now the whole reason i bought this was to play retro games.
So how and were do i download roms and what not and how do i put them on the console itself

Also were do i get the new version Coinops 5 and how do i install it.

All i know is my xbox has XBMC and X3 chip and xecutor front panel.

not sure on anything else.

gamez fan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(spartan-177 @ Mar 7 2013, 08:37 PM) *

So how and were do i download roms and what not and how do i put them on the console itself

Cant link you to roms or emulators on this site google will help ya find what you need
As for how to install there's plenty of help topics around basicly launch XBMC
and check out what space you have and where on your HDD then simply FTP the
emulator into your prefered folder on your xbox

BTW PM sent

This post has been edited by gamez fan: Mar 7 2013, 11:28 PM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »

Come to dev forum we can help you and there is real time chat to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) and others running these things. . ..be warned alot of helpers dont know what they are talking about this is complexed suportwise...100 log on to the dev forum and know there stuff abd are working on future stuff... you can find the dev and releasers and pack makers and talk in chat to these people on the coinops project site..... they are the experts...

gamez fan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »

Yeah well the coinops offical site is the place to get help and advice for that emulator frontend launcher as per my PM i would in your case spartan
recommend CoinOPS as for guys who are new to emulation in general it's easy to setup and play
But for a complete picture of whats available emulation wise on the xbox dont forget to check out emuxtras really cool site
bursting with loads of classy console and arcade emulators best of luck hope you find what your looking for
and more importantly get it all setup and working smile.gif

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »

Come over and make up your mind most never look back these days.....

PS dont believe its just a front end launcher, all emulators have features not availbe elsewhere and it plays the most exclusives(probably more than all the other emus put together) which cant be run in any other emu on the xbox....so its not just launching stuff all cores have had features games and bug bashing etc added....stuff like this is just misinformation and is why many member requested the above is banned permanantly from there...as he pushes these agenders....

Im sure if you try CO5 full and VISIONary Lite 1.0 soon to be massively updated to 2.0 (massive update)....you will see....

but of course its all up to you the path you choose...ill stay out of this now....if we see you we see you and best of luck....

also check out here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhRAWr_3c8

drop on and its all done for you....

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Mar 8 2013, 06:30 AM

gamez fan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Mar 8 2013, 05:20 AM) View Post

PS dont believe its just a front end launcher, all emulators have features not availbe elsewhere and it plays the most exclusives(probably more than all the other emus put together) which cant be run in any other emu on the xbox....so its not just launching stuff all cores have had features games and bug bashing etc added....stuff like this is just misinformation and is why many member requested the above is banned permanantly from there...as he pushes these agenders....

Here we go again i never talked down CoinOPS it is afterall a frontend launcher for multiple arcade and console emulators
i even recommended it to the guy and once again im spreading misinformation  huh.gif
Think the guy cares ive been banned from your site he only wants help getting started with xbox emulation
and there's alot more sites out there than yours which generally focuses on just CoinOPS and Vision
for a full complete picture of whats available emulation wise on the xbox id recommend people visit as many sites as possible
but to say that in your opinion means im part of some anti BP anti coinops agenda aye right....
i simply call it as i see it

love these free speech forums and im a member of so many havn't you been banned from nearly all of em biggrin.gif people will make up their own minds if im the bad one or not
the only guy that has a problem with me in the whole big worldwide internet is you and the only forum im banned from is yours smile.gif
why is that i wonder maybe it's the fact i dont take kindly to rules and people telling me where i can post what i can post and who i can talk to
as i put personal freedom above what features or games i can get added to an emulator i use
others on your site obviously choose the opposite path and thats fine with me

anyway its been emotional until the next time TTFN

spartan-177

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »

Thanks for the info guys.
Well you both have been very helpfull and gamerz fan sent me a few pm's helping me.
Regarding this i think it may be easier for me to buy another xbox with it all on.
As the person i bought this one off told me it had everything on it.
It has emulators but no games.

I'm really stuck on this and it is confusing the hell out of me.
Is it a simple case of download and transfer or is it a lot more than that?
Is there any topic's on how to do this properly from start to finish?

Thanks again

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »

yes both VISIONARY Lite 1...soon to be 2 and CoinOPS 5 Full are download put on and everything you wanted will be there id say....put them both on and you will never look back im sure.....everything else good luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org/index.php

join up...and people can help you real time in chat....no roms there but the releasers of all this stuff are there and will help you gain access to there releases...its out paces all the other forums put together trolls are banned and new packs (drop and play) are released most days

I cant say more than that really...best of luck

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Mar 8 2013, 08:38 PM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »

You'll have everyting but "Allowance Mode".

Don't feel bad about that though....

BP has had 7 years to make that happen and still he or his people have no clue how to make it happen......

gamez fan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(spartan-177 @ Mar 8 2013, 06:43 PM) *

I'm really stuck on this and it is confusing the hell out of me.
Is it a simple case of download and transfer or is it a lot more than that?
Is there any topic's on how to do this properly from start to finish?

Thanks again

obviously id recommend coinops in your case as without sounding cheeky (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) your a beginner the benefits of coinops are
it comes all setup and ready to go plug and play so to speak really is as easy as downloading it and transfering it across to your xbox
where as with some other console and arcade emulators some setup is required unless you grab a console+roms pack

i just dont know what version of coinops to recommend as i dont know your xbox HDD size or what type of retro games your into
you said you had emulators on there already but with no roms might be as simple just to add the roms yourself
what emulators are they

This post has been edited by gamez fan: Mar 9 2013, 12:26 AM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »

On that note I'll have to leave it there....most complain when they come over why they ever got misdirected to old painfully stuff...well its an agender real dev left and all users because of what you see....all I say is do what you want but you might be surprised to find d people are misleading you.......you can choose your path...pm me if you want a hand if not well enjoy the pain...I. sure we will see you there some time...enjoy...there's a reason this site is dead and others have constant dev on them....I'm sure you don't have to look to hard...remember these guys have never done a driver or feature in there life and I do them most days

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Mar 9 2013, 03:42 AM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »

To do allowance mode....
Joystick.cpp

Look for if gpad_back == true do.....

Change this to if gpad_back == true and coins < setting allowance then do.....
Else coins = coins + 1

spartan-177

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »

Well to be honest with you i bought this Xbox
so i did not have to keep using my retro collection as i did not want to damage any
of the boxes and what not.
All i bought it for was N64 , SNES , NES and megadrive games and coinops.
I would not have bought it if i knew nothing was on it.
It has a 250gb Samsung hard drive in it.
And various programs which i will list soon.
And it also has Xecuter 3 chip if that help's.

SPPV

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

Grab either the full version of the latest COPS or Emu Installer V3. Both come with a whack load of games and will leave you happy. If you are more gunning for rcade games go with COPS as BP pretty much owns MAME on XBOX. If you are more into console games go with Emu Installer as it centers on that genre so to speak. Both are very easy to use, have many vids showing how to use, and typing the name into Google will get you a bazillion hits for both. I dont think XS policy allows us to publicly post links to ROMs or stuff built using XDK, but if you hit a wll PM me and Im sure I can get you set right

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »

will he ever be back like others ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ....amiga is out with 100s of games for vision this weekend as well as some new stuff in CoinOPS.....im sure for consoles CoinOPS or Vision is for you as well...it has all those have on it and nothings really missing..it also has many features the others dont have...like favorites and sorting and it all can be sorted and order the way you want in one common GUI....other stuff just seem like a huge backward step into the 80s now....even the GUIs look very dated as they are just xports GUI made 10 years ago with video support......its way easier and pretty to use as well something that sounds very important to you and why these are designed the way they are as you represent the common person....

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Mar 13 2013, 08:09 PM
Pages: [1] 2