xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dosxbox *sob*  (Read 414 times)

gwood1234

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »

Hi Johnny,

I'm no expert but you could try it out in PCSXBOX? There was a Playstation version of the game so maybe get hold of that. Have you been introduced to Coinops or Visionary yet? It might run better in that and I would definitely recommend getting hold of Visionary Lite to run all your emulators! Plus, it supports Dosxbox games too.

All the best
Gareth

johnnyxbox

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »

PSX version just doesn't spark up the nostalgia that the actual PC version would.
Thanks for the tips...I didn't know Visionary ran dos...I'll give it a shot, though I just think it's a setup issue and not Dosbox itself.

gwood1234

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »

I've never had any luck with Dosxbox either, I'd love to play X-Wing again but unfortunately it won't run very well even though it's like 20 years old! Good luck with Vision.

johnnyxbox

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »

Honestly I would give up but I read a compatibility list and they said they got it to run.  It pisses me off to no end.  Look at how well Doom 2 and Quake run on the xbox.  They should just release the damn source code.  I know it will run.  I'm just screwing up the drive information.
If anybody knows dosbox well I could still use some help.

madmab

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »

comatibility list.. huh?

Doom 2 and Quake were straight ports from code released by ID.  I presume you are referring to those.

Dosxbox has nothing to do with the two above games.

Source code?  X-port released the source code for Dosxbox years ago.  As for Lucas Arts.. good luck getting them to release the source for Dark Forces.  ohmy.gif

johnnyxbox

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »

No, a dosxbox compatibility list.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=313261

Dark Forces it's not to bad, just a bit slow -sla1ne

So it DOES work.  And this was for dosxbox version 8.  
Maybe I should hunt down this sla1ne dude.

And yes, I meant the Dark Forces source code.  If you're not going to do anything with it, why not?

madmab

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »

Wow.. someone was daring enough to do a compatibility thread for dosbox..

Yeah I don't think with a franchise like Star Wars we are gonna see any source code release.  Although it would be kinda nice.

johnnyxbox

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »

it's a setup issue.
dark forces has a cd check and i don't think i'm putting the drive information in correctly.  spent almost an entire day with trial and error.  hopefully somebody will see this and walk me through it.

Finker282

• Archived User
Dosxbox *sob*
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »

Are you making sure to add "-t cdrom" (no quotes) to the end of the mount command when mounting the CD directory? You may Ned to install it as well. Good luck let me know if that helps.