xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mega Man, New Info....  (Read 321 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Mega Man, New Info....
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »

At least it was to me....

I read in a recent hand-me-down game informer mag that there were two "NES era" Mega Man games released to the Wii console in the last few years....

Any chance they could be added to the Xtras?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Mega Man, New Info....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 03:11:00 AM »

Also read of a new Genesis game made by fans released on an actual Genesis cart.  I can't remember the name now, but it seemed more like a classic JRPG than any game ever released on the system back in the day.

VampX

• Archived User
Mega Man, New Info....
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Feb 13 2013, 12:11 PM) View Post

Also read of a new Genesis game made by fans released on an actual Genesis cart.  I can't remember the name now, but it seemed more like a classic JRPG than any game ever released on the system back in the day.

Yes its called Pier Solar, I bought it, its awesome!

Its not emulated though, and probably wont be for a while, the emu authors all agreed on not emulating it or trying to circumvent the copy protection.
(but with open source who knows what will happen.)

Personally I enjoy new games for my Genesis, I just wish they were all as professional as Pier Solar.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Mega Man, New Info....
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 03:40:00 AM »

Aha!  Yes!

Pier Solar!!!!!

I just re-read my bro's last Game Informer on the crapper and remembered the name this time!

When he asked me about it, I told him I was sure it was included in the Xtras since we have all of the best homebrew and hacks, but I didn't realize that this was a recent game, distributed professionally, like an official Genesis game was distributed in the past.  

They have also made an HD Version of the game to be downloaded on "Arcade place" areas of the PS/XBox/Wii console that would put this to shame, from the pics I saw.

Man I wish I had money to barter now.... I'd offer them a free XBox to them with all of the latest RXtras/Daphne/CoinOps for their blessing to distribute the 16bit rom.  

I don't even have a console advanced enough to download the HD version!   laugh.gif

Anybody know about Mega Man though?  Several releases were made after-the-fact and we don't have roms for them.  I'm not asking where to get them, and please, don't tell me here if you know.  

I'm just wondering if they have been made available and are truly compliant with the systems that they're supposedly emulating.

ellington66

• Archived User
Mega Man, New Info....
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »

i dont think this is what your looking for and you have probably seen this already but i found it the other day in an article about the 13 best fan made video game remakes.  its called mega man 2.5d.  its not out yet but looks cool.  here is the link

http://petersjostrand.com/mega-man-25d