xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Got A Pre-owned Xbox "partially Modded" Without Hdd  (Read 70 times)

Magnetic_dud

• Archived User
Got A Pre-owned Xbox "partially Modded" Without Hdd
« on: February 03, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »

I got an used xbox v1.4 yesterday.

Not yet turned on
The first thing i noticed is that it was without screws, so i opened it.
No HDD.

Question #1:
Can i install a PC HDD without the original HDD?

It is modchipped. Modchip is Aladdin Advance, installed with quicksolder.

Question #2:
Pin D0 isn't connected... where to solder it? What happen if the previous owner has turned it on without this connection?
(edit: ok, disconnecting d0, will disable modchip... but where to solder it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

The previous owner says that the thomson drive is faulty.

Question #3:
Can i replace the dvd drive with a notebook slim drive and use it only with xbmc? (ok, no original games, no eject)

Thanks

This post has been edited by Magnetic_dud: Yesterday, 06:22 PM

jakejm79

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »

1. Yes as long as u have a chip or backup of the eeprom (eeprom.bin) in you case you have the chip, either rip a copy of slayers and boot it up or download it extract it and use the files from it to make an iso for xboxhdm.

2. There are several tuts with pics showing the location of the d0, just check out the tut section of X-S.

3. you can use any optical IDE drive (I believe even a CDROM but obviously it will just read CD media) just make sure you also grab a molex power spliter to power it or have an additional pc PSU standing by. There are also plenty of tuts on this too. But you are right, unless you get a particular DVD drive and make mods to it, u wont be able to place original games.

This post has been edited by jakejm79: Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Magnetic_dud

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(jakejm79 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:09 AM) *

1. Yes as long as u have a chip or backup of the eeprom (eeprom.bin) in you case you have the chip, either rip a copy of slayers and boot it up or download it extract it and use the files from it to make an iso for xboxhdm.

with eeprom you mean the xbox's BIOS?
i don't understand a thing.
What happens if i create a new fatx drive with xboxhdm and i don't lock the hdd?

Because if i turn on the xbox i get a "no hdd" error and so how i can start slayers to extract the eeprom?

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »

if its modded and the mod works all you have to do is put the harddrive in and boot slayers .. run the installer .. bobs your uncle ..

XBMC has a nice feature for the PC dvdrom in that you can hit the white button on the drive and hit Eject / close ..

jakejm79

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »

Ignore my previous part about needing the eeprom, i forgot you dont need to lock the hard drive with a chip, so you should either be able to just plain old boot slayers and create a HDD, or if you are having trouble getting it to read you slayers disc then just extract the C and E partitions from the slayers xiso and use those with xboxhdm

Magnetic_dud

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »

OK thanks  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

SO, i just need to get the slayer's disk (illegal, i won't ask where to get it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

Inside slayer's disk there is the MS dashboard, i'll copy these files on the xboxhdm folder, burn a bootable disk, then put a blank hdd in my pc, run xboxhdm, set "create new hdd from blank", set a new F: drive from the unused space and not lock the drive.
Then put the drive in the xbox and voila
right?
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I'll try later   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)