xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmod Without Games Or Memory Card?  (Read 79 times)

sebos78

• Archived User
Softmod Without Games Or Memory Card?
« on: August 12, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »

Hi,
I've been reading a bunch of topics about softmodding but I still can't figure it out. The thing is i don't have a memory card or usb adapter or any of the games listed to do the softmod.

I'd like to know if i can do the softmod without buying anything.

I have a chipped xbox which could be usefull, an original xbox which i want to softmod and a 250gb hard disk i want to put inside. If this is a problem I also have a 120gb which could go inside.
and i have a pc but it's a laptop so i can't connect any hard drive.

So what is the best way to go about doing this? This is my first softmod attempt. please help.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

You will have to hotswap the new Xbox HD with the chipped Xbox. There are tutorials here, read them carefully and be careful. You can fry both Xboxes.

johnofwax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »

Amazon.com has MechAssault for a buck fiddy.  I saw it last week. 5 bucks S&H.  I got my 16mb memcard for 10 bucks, 5 S&H on Ebay.  best money I ever spent. get a friend to order it for you if you have to.  Being your first softmod attempt... I will assume you're going to FRY your shit when you attempt the hotswap.  Dont risk two consoles because you dont wanna spend 20 bucks. an Xbox can be softmodded for a 20 dollar bill. easily.

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:27:00 AM »

Hi,

another possible approach is installing the modchip in the xbox you want to softmod.

You can run the slayers rescue package (or AID) and prepare the harddisk. You can install a softmod on the harddisk. Once you are done, you can lock the harddisk.

If you take the modchip out again, the xbox should boot it's softmod.

As long as the harddisks are lockable, they should both work.

regards.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(obcd @ Aug 17 2007, 03:03 AM) *

Hi,

another possible approach is installing the modchip in the xbox you want to softmod.

You can run the slayers rescue package (or AID) and prepare the harddisk. You can install a softmod on the harddisk. Once you are done, you can lock the harddisk.

If you take the modchip out again, the xbox should boot it's softmod.

As long as the harddisks are lockable, they should both work.

regards.

Can also do the same with CASH.

There's a short guide to doing this if you click the link in my sig and read post #11.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

dan72588

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

Hi, if I had a normal xbox hard drive not softmodded or anything but had the necessary files on my computer and I have a hard drive CAGE (it reads hard drives onto my computer or something so i can put files onto the unmodded xbox hard drive), is it possible to transfer files from my pc to the hard drive without any games or anything except for the file? thanks