xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modchip Bios Flash  (Read 119 times)

3800sc

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Flash
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

Ok, i finally got a controller that works with my mod chip. Now I gotta flash the bios. What bios do I need and where can I find them?

Also, when i push the power button with the mod chip installed, it reboots three times and then turns on with no video and the light cycling between red yellow and green. When i hoold the power button for a few swconds, it boots to the muppetx screen. it does this on both settings on the mod chip. Is this normal?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »

You didn't really need to make 6 threads for this.

I understand the site has been timing out alot today, but still... Maybe wait to see if the thread posted before creating another one.

All dup topics were moved to garbage.

We can't tell you the bios you need if you don't tell us the chip, lol. Each chip can use different bios's, so we need to know the chip first.

3 boot and frag is not normal. Check over your install, probably a bad joint somewhere.

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: May 9 2007, 06:38 PM

3800sc

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Flash
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ May 9 2007, 01:32 PM) *

You didn't really need to make 6 threads for this.

I understand the site has been timing out alot today, but still... Maybe wait to see if the thread posted before creating another one.

All dup topics were moved to garbage.

3 boot and frag is not normal. Check over your install, probably a bad joint somewhere.

First off, no need to be rude.  I DID NOT post 6 posts furthermore, I wold not have had duplicate posts if the site had not kept giving me an error telling me to try again.  When I did check to see if my posts had gone thru, they were not there.

On to the point...

Anyone know what BIOS I need to install on this chip?
Thanks in advance.

chorizo1

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Flash
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(3800sc @ May 9 2007, 02:33 PM) *

First off, no need to be rude.  I DID NOT post 6 posts furthermore, I wold not have had duplicate posts if the site had not kept giving me an error telling me to try again.  When I did check to see if my posts had gone thru, they were not there.

On to the point...

Anyone know what BIOS I need to install on this chip?
Thanks in advance.

1) he wasn't being rude

2) there were 4 other posts not including the Closed one below (they are in garbage bin)

3) evox M8 or x2 5035

3800sc

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Flash
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ May 9 2007, 03:44 PM) *

1) he wasn't being rude

2) there were 4 other posts not including the Closed one below (they are in garbage bin)

3) evox M8 or x2 5035

Ok.. but in my defence, I DID check to see if they posted and they werent there.
Just anxious to get this up and running, its been 1 problem after another trying to get it to work.  I appologize if I came off as rude (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Will evox M8 or x2 work with my chip?  And are they available from the usual places?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Flash
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(3800sc @ May 9 2007, 02:53 PM) *

Ok.. but in my defence, I DID check to see if they posted and they werent there.
Just anxious to get this up and running, its been 1 problem after another trying to get it to work.  I appologize if I came off as rude (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Will evox M8 or x2 work with my chip?  And are they available from the usual places?

It's cool man, just wanted to be sure you knew you were doing that and stopped you before I moved more threads, lol.

Either of those bios's will work with your chip (sorry I missed muppetX menu in your first post). And yeah they can be found in the usual place.

Also, if your box is a 1.6, be sure to use a 1.6 bios, for all other versions the non 1.6  bios is fine.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: May 9 2007, 09:08 PM

3800sc

• Archived User
Modchip Bios Flash
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ May 9 2007, 04:07 PM) *

It's cool man, just wanted to be sure you knew you were doing that and stopped you before I moved more threads, lol.

Either of those bios's will work with your chip (sorry I missed muppetX menu in your first post). And yeah they can be found in the usual place.

Also, if your box is a 1.6, be sure to use a 1.6 bios, for all other versions the non 1.6  bios is fine.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Its a version 1.0.

Is it normal for the console to reboot itself over and over and then finally turn on with no display?

If I hold the button for a few seconds the chip kicks in and boots to its own screen.