xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox Dash And Friggin' Trainers  (Read 106 times)

Minkis@

• Archived User
Evox Dash And Friggin' Trainers
« on: May 03, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »

I just softmodded a 1.1 xbox with krayzies ndure.  I used evoX as the dash so I could use the 1000+ trainers that I have.  The mod went fine but when I put all the trainers in the e:/dashboard/trainers folder and then reboot, the xbox is all messed up.  It wont boot past the flubber, it will try, then the M$ shows at the bottom (like normal) then it reboots itself again.  over and over.  I can get ftp access using spinter cell and stuff and as soon as I erase all the trainers, and reboot, it works fine.  
So why the hell are the trainers stopping it from booting? and is there any other place on the HDD I could put them?  I tried putting in f:/trainers and c:/trainers but they dont show up on the menu in evox.  BTW I have a 160gig hdd.
If putting them in another place works, do I have to edit anything so the trainers can be "seen"?

angelburncold

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

just check ur evox.ini file with wordpad and see if it says where the trainers are supposed to go or change it yourself, usually they go in c:/trainers along with all the other evox stuff but if installed to e:/ there should just be a trainers folder right on the root E:/trainers otherwise u could always get the newest version of evox and install it  just dump all the files onto c:/ make sure its set to boot from c:/ thats the best way to go ive found for myself when working with softmods

This post has been edited by angelburncold: May 3 2007, 08:14 PM

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

have you tried it with a smaller amount of trainers in the folder?

also if you are gonna put them in C: drive, you need to edit the evox.ini to find the trainers.

If i were you I'd just get Xored ETM Launcher and use that instead, as evox sucks by todays standards for a dash anyway.

This post has been edited by chorizo1: May 3 2007, 08:17 PM

Minkis@

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

so using Xored launcher with UnleashX would be the way to go.  I don't think you can put your dash on the c:/ drive with a softmod, I thought the dash had to be in the dashboard folder.  I checked the evox.ini and could not see a spot that showed where trainers were so I couldn't edit where they should go.
I would rather go with UnleashX anyways, so I will be trying out the Xored launcher.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

no, i meant JUST the Trainers folder in your C: drive, not the dash, it does ONLY go in the dash folder.

also forgot to mention that any new version of XBMC has Xored built in to it. check out the XBMC forums for more info.

Minkis@

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »

so I got Xored Launcher and put it in my apps folder.  Then filled the trainers folder with all my trainers.  Now when I run the app, it gets to the Xored page with a bunch of names, then it freezes on that screen.  I am assuing it is because of all the trainers that it is scanning?  I will try getting the latest xbmc because that is definately nice it is built in.

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »

For Xored's trainer launcher app, try changing this section in your xored.ini from this
CODE
Debug_Enumeration_Info = "FALSE"
to this
CODE
Debug_Enumeration_Info = "TRUE"

and see where it is locking up. You could also try changing this line
CODE
Debug_Log_File = "FALSE"
to this
CODE
Debug_Log_File = "TRUE"
and seeing where it is failing.

This post has been edited by theperfekt001: May 4 2007, 07:27 PM

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »

setup XBMC as your dash .. it has trainer support built in ..

XBMC is the best dash their is , hands down ..

Berzerker92

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »

^^^absolutely!!!