xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: High Def, I Don't Know?  (Read 106 times)

forget2rememb3r

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »

I think I read somewhere xbmc enables you to have high def? I have a 32" LCD high def 780p tv and I wanted to know if its true.  It is my dashboard and i just wanted to know if I cna get he picture to look better. I'm using the mc360 skin, if that makes any difference.

c-2

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »

you need the xbox HD cables .. their not the ones that came with your xbox .. than you need to enable the HD modes in the MS Dashboard .. XBMC looks awsome in 720p :]

forget2rememb3r

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »

Ok, stil a little confused.  I have the regular AV cables for the xbox obviously.  Where can I get the HD cables for the original xbox, and how much are they?

Edit:  How do I enable it in xbmc also?  I have the mc360 skin and I tried to go to video settings but couldnt find it.  Also, i read in one of the other topics you enable high def in your "xbox dash"...i don't know whihc dash they were referring to. I just want my xbox hooked up in high def smile.gif thanks for the reply also

xman954

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »

Ok, stil a little confused. I have the regular AV cables for the xbox obviously. Where can I get the HD cables for the original xbox, and how much are they?
$19.99 retail stores (may be hard to find now, last time i was best buy the were none in stock)

the HD setting only show up in the MS dash with the HD-pac connected...

forget2rememb3r

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

What is it called? I've never heard of an HD cable for hte original xbox.  Is it available at only gaming retailers or like www.walmart.com ?  I'm still confused >_>

Edit:
QUOTE(xman954 @ Jan 23 2007, 06:34 PM) View Post

the HD setting only show up in the MS dash with the HD-pac connected...

Whats.. the Hd pac connected thing?  And I have Slayer disc 6 so I dont know if that version of m$ dash it has on it....

forget2rememb3r

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »

*bump*
?

Waiting for replies sad.gif

BeagleBoy

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(forget2rememb3r @ Jan 23 2007, 12:03 PM) View Post

What is it called? I've never heard of an HD cable for hte original xbox.  Is it available at only gaming retailers or like www.walmart.com ?  I'm still confused >_>

Edit:
Whats.. the Hd pac connected thing?  And I have Slayer disc 6 so I dont know if that version of m$ dash it has on it....

It's called the XBox High Definition AV Pack.  Here's one chosen at random from ebay: Hi Def Pack

(Disclaimer: I'm not endorsing this seller, just using them as an example.  YMMV, etc, etc.)

-Jim

Xombe

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »

Your issue pertains to hardware and the enabling of HD modes in the MS Dash, both prerequisites to setting XBMC's resolution to anything other than SD/ED standard.

And you know what? Rather than posting sad smilies and waiting days on end for an answer, next time try google.com.  You wanted to know about "Xbox HD cable" right?

First results for "Xbox HD cabnle" and "Xbox HD pack"...  even  just "Xbox HD" return the very answer you wanted.

Moving to Newbie Chat...

kidsmakeyoucrazy

• Archived User
High Def, I Don't Know?
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

You can get brand new monster brand hd cables for $10 shipped on ebay.