xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleashx Softmod Boot Freeze  (Read 114 times)

Muddog007

• Archived User
Unleashx Softmod Boot Freeze
« on: July 10, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »

Ok so afew years back um 2003 I softmodded my xbox and three of my buddies' xboxes.. the 1st xbox to crash was my firends I just reran the softmod save game ( mecha) and its still working for him to this day... Well mine xbox went down. Would not boot past unleashx loading screen..(will still play games)..BUT I deleated my mech save on my HD..so i can't go in to the save game expolt from mech...if i could get in to a file broswer it would be all i need to save my box... I have tryed DVD2xbox and a few other boot discs... I know X-bins and i know all that stuff so give me some file names so i can fix my xbox she has been broken for a long time i would like to she here fixed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Iam not new to xbox mods so shoot them ideas out there

wivenhoe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 06:04:00 AM »

If you can still play backup games then download Slayers Disk and you will get ftp access

Muddog007

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »

Yea iam unsure of the back up playing i have yet to get one to work. should i be useing a dvd -r dvd +r dvd -rw ???

This post has been edited by Muddog007: Jul 11 2006, 04:02 AM

Muddog007

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »

Slayers gonna take me 4 days to download (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
any other ideas? I also have unleashx boot disc downloading..2 days...
If...could i? What if i took a HD out of a another modded xbox (same mod done to it) and put it in mine? wait...that would not solve anything would it?
um how bout a new HD?? or...shit if it wouldn't read backup cds/dvds i can't boot the new HD...right?
um er..ebay? buy a HD off ebay? one that has all the MS dash and stuff on it?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

that's only gonna work if you have the eeprom backed up. you can try dopwnloading evox and make a gbootdisk of that. it's less then 1 MB. I doubt it works though. You could try hotswapping. Check my sig for links and tuts

Muddog007

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 03:04:00 AM »

I do have all of my xbox's HD backed up on my comp here.. I just don't know what to do with it..

hey just now i was reading ur hotswapping Tut.. Maybe my HD isn't unlocking? or no.. becuase i get past the M$ boot screen and then the unleashx boot screen comes up and it stops.
and it seem i can't get the box to read the discs.. iam useing cloneXB v2.3 beta iam un sure if it works i ve been using a dvd + RW iam gonna try a dvd-r now
I love this website. thanks for the quick replys

This post has been edited by Muddog007: Jul 11 2006, 10:12 AM

Muddog007

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 03:42:00 AM »

^ won't let me edit any more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

ok so i read like 6 pages of the hot swapping things..  and iam new to opening up the insides of a comp.. is the IDE the ribbon like wire?

also i have acess to another modded xbox it was modded with the same mods so it should be set up the same would that help me?

I think hot swap is what i will have to use :x. gesh lol i just don't trust my self..could a computer repair place do this for me? maybe under the table>?                 ^I went out and brought a new graphics card..it didn't fit in the slot so i removed the backing pl8...turns out my dell didn't have a AGP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) lol that poor poor ICP slot...

This post has been edited by Muddog007: Jul 11 2006, 10:46 AM

Muddog007

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

ok um I have the eeprom backedup but its on my xbox.... still.. I have my friend's eeprom would that work? for my xbox?? Do i need my EEprom to do a hotswap and move files in to the xbox HD?
Iam using xboxhdm

wildo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

each xbox has unique eeprom that the hard drive is locked to so your friends will not help you at all nor will buying a new hard drive. if the unleash x screen pops up then slayers should work if not you might want to try to restoore ms dash by using a game that has a dash update for xbox live. if all else fails a mod chip should fix it.

This post has been edited by wildo: Jul 13 2006, 05:51 AM

Muddog007

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 07:50:00 AM »

o a chip eh? That might work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Muddog007

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

WOOT Got it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)
YEa ok Awsome Thanx soo much guys
I would like to thank  Krayzie for making a great installer, Wivenho for telling me some good stuff
MOst of all I want to Thank  Baby Jeaus for being there for me... I knew God wanted my Xbox to live and be free THANX ALL