xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Softmod Failure Omg Help  (Read 541 times)

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

ok i have a friends xbox , softmodded , i wanted to change dashboard, so i transfer files over, deleted xboxdash.xbe  and now says error 13. am i screwed or what!?!? i can still load up games if its still in the drive. what can i do?
plz pzl plz help me asap.

thx

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

i dont have the game for it. it was already softmodded and me friend doesnt have game anymore. if it loads up games, u think it culd load up something like autoinstller deluxe 3.0 or slayers 2.6? if i use slayers u think i can just ftp MY c driver from there?

krayzie

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(someblackguy7130 @ May 24 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post

i dont have the game for it. it was already softmodded and me friend doesnt have game anymore. if it loads up games, u think it culd load up something like autoinstller deluxe 3.0 or slayers 2.6? if i use slayers u think i can just ftp MY c driver from there?

don't count on it. Look for xboxhdm to fix

4everlearning

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

If you backed up the C: drive then you can hotswap to put the files back in.

Or if you have just a laptop then you can use slayers but be very carefull as slayers could make things worst for you.

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

ok ill use slayers. so is it a pc app or something? how wuld i do it? downloading right now..

also if slayers is an iso and i load it up, cudlnt i just ftp and retranfer my files from the sleyers disk?

krayzie

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

slayers won't do any good as you can't launch burned discs. you messed up your main system files.

4everlearning

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

Listen to Krayzie he knows what hes talking about.

crackfeen

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

if you still have the linux game saves you could run to the store and buy the exploited game that it was modded with.. or you could go to blockbuster and rent it

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

hey will HDM work ?  like i am gonna use the disk i made from my old box a while ago. think thatll work? not sure bout versions and stuff.

thx

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

ok im using hard drive manager and i go to lock it right? i put it in my xbox and says error code 6 (hdd cannot be unlocked) so i unlock hdd in HDM and i put it in xbox again and now it says error 5 (xbox is not locked) OMG
what should i do? i also have eeprom all dont in stuff. i type in lockhd -a    and unlockhd -a     and they say its successful. i dont get it!

chorizo1

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(someblackguy7130 @ May 25 2006, 08:06 PM) View Post

ok im using hard drive manager and i go to lock it right? i put it in my xbox and says error code 6 (hdd cannot be unlocked) so i unlock hdd in HDM and i put it in xbox again and now it says error 5 (xbox is not locked) OMG
what should i do? i also have eeprom all dont in stuff. i type in lockhd -a    and unlockhd -a     and they say its successful. i dont get it!

Do you have the eeprom that belongs to the Xbox you are fixing?

sounds like you are locking it to another Xbox.

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

ok guys i think i know the problem. i am using MY xbox's backup of eeprom and its softmodded main files. i made a iso in HDM and i believe when i load up that new HDD in this kids xbox, the motherboard serial numbers are different so it will not lock. is there a way i can like "edit" the eeprom so itll work on this kids mobo? thx

edit** EXACTLY i am locking it onto another xbox! how can i edit this eeprom into making it work!?! OMG i really dont want to buy him a new hdd/mobo

chorizo1

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(someblackguy7130 @ May 25 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

is there a way i can like "edit" the eeprom so itll work on this kids mobo? thx

no.

you could Hotswap and then use XBHDM to fix the xbox.

edit: there are guides PINNED in the Exploits Forums

EDIT #2: just thought about it, If you can unlock the HDD (whichyou can since it's locked to your eeprom), you can run a prog called Xplorer 360 or something like that to view the contents of the drive (look for the HDD KEY)

http://www.xbox-scen...EpAHLgaWKhN.php

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

how do u do this "hotswap" business

thx for rply!

c now his Xbx wont work at all because i left it out for 5 hrs and it sasy something about clock or something and i cant even load up games anymore!

someblackguy7130

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

ok i read http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=225796

and it says how to do it and everything. but will my HDM boot cd still work even tho his mobo is different? i dont understand how this will make a difference on hwat im doing already.

thx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4