xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Major Problem  (Read 88 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Major Problem
« on: March 04, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

I think you booted with your eject button. Take the disc out and boot your xbox up normally and it should be just normal. Most softmods, when you hit eject will boot you to the exploit screen.

mrupnya

• Archived User
Major Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

could someone please point me in the direction of a good place to get my xbox repaired?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Major Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

You could just get a copy of Slayers auto installer and do a full install and it would put Evox and lots of other apps on for you and the core M$ files needed.

theunbound1

• Archived User
Major Problem
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 04:59:00 AM »

if the mod chip got messed up, then you can try to boot it up with its own backup by hitting both eject and power buttons at the same time...it should boot into your mod chips operating system with the default settings re-loaded...i know this works on some chips...   then i guess i would reflash the bios you were using...i would suggest the newest x2 bios that you can get from xbins or autoinstaller3(from a torrent site) make sure to use the version thats right for you(1.1 or 1.6 flavor) depending on your xbox.  might as well remove all the bios files (if you have more than one) first and then reflash so you dont run out of space...  youll only need the x2 anyways.  it will make its own default config file on drive e: when you boot.  if all else fails you can download the newest operating system for your modchip from thier website and upgrade it...then do the bios flash thing...

its not a dashboard, its the operating system's GUI your seeing.   avalaunch or media center would be dashboards.

theperfekt001

• Archived User
Major Problem
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

what chip do you have? what bios?

theunbound1

• Archived User
Major Problem
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »

oh yea, find out what chip you have and install the newest operating system from the manufacturers web site

MMXMonster

• Archived User
Major Problem
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(theunbound1 @ Mar 6 2006, 07:18 AM) View Post

oh yea, find out what chip you have and install the newest operating system from the manufacturers web site

What planet are you from?

mrupnya, I take it from your last part that you still have FTP access. If you do there is no need to worry about reflashing your chip... Sounds like the evox.ini is messed up... just re-edit or replace it. You could even just use a Slayer's to re-install the Evox dashboard.