xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kevindurelle's Wip  (Read 1167 times)

KevinDurelle

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« on: June 28, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

Alright, After MickRaider's help I finally got a stencil down of what I want to cut out of the case.  New task: Actually cutting it out.  This will be be the first case i've ever done so i'm not sure about what bits to use to cut it out and all.  I do have a dremel but some of the lines are so small i think i'm going to mess it up.  Here is what it looks like as of now:

(IMG:http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/8697/xbox1bj.jpg)

This post has been edited by KevinDurelle: Jun 29 2006, 12:06 AM

samfisher440

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

Looks good, take your time cutting it, dont rush, just do it slowly...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Sam

crzyimage

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

buddy, try your best on the first try. anything goes bad bondo and sand paper there is ALWAYS a way back

Zeck

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

Not cutting a huge fucking hole in your jewel like I did. =(

BodadeM

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zeck @ Jun 28 2006, 08:43 PM) *

Not cutting a huge fucking hole in your jewel like I did. =(

Sure there is.

The way back; Buy a new jewel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

MickRaider

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

Our double T looks way better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nice looking stencils, take your time cutting it and it will be nice.

KevinDurelle

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

You're double T look's better my ass  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

What i'm looking for here are some suggestions on what bits to use for cutting this.  I have a dremel, but no idea what bit to use.  And, What everyone talking about the jewel hole for?

MickRaider

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(KevinDurelle @ Jun 28 2006, 09:47 PM) *

What everyone talking about the jewel hole for?
They're talking about something else.

Your jewel hole is a little big. I'd say more then 1 mm is too much of a lip. Bust out the dremel and sand it down.

As for the cuts. Get some gutting disks and cut away. Or you can try using a drill bit, but I'm not sure how I feel about those since I've only used cutting disks.

Ps they're obviously not teaching you well enough at old TTU: 'Your' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

sicknasty413

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

lookin good so far... for dremel bits, i like to use fiberglass reinforced cutting wheels.. i think thats where theyre called. They last a pretty damn long time, and cut very well. Using a drill bit also isnt to bad.. its good for alot of detail i suppose. But whenever i use one, it tends to fall out and start spinning all crazy after like a couple minutes...

Oh yea, id also slim down that jewel hole of yours, the lip is huge  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Y26tav

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(MickRaider @ Jun 29 2006, 05:46 AM) *

They're talking about something else.

Your jewel hole is a little big. I'd say more then 1 mm is too much of a lip. Bust out the dremel and sand it down.

As for the cuts. Get some gutting disks and cut away. Or you can try using a drill bit, but I'm not sure how I feel about those since I've only used cutting disks.

Ps they're obviously not teaching you well enough at old TTU: 'Your' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Not teaching him well? I'm pretty shure they are called "cutting disks" and I think you ment his jewel hole is too small seeing as sanding will only make it bigger.

elpimpo12

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

Have an exacto knife for those really detailed and tight places.  Be patient, and you'll be good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

MickRaider

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Y26tav @ Jun 28 2006, 10:56 PM) *

Not teaching him well? I'm pretty shure they are called "cutting disks" and I think you ment his jewel hole is too small seeing as sanding will only make it bigger.
Well one of those was a typo, and I guess I meant to say the lip was a little big since the next point I make is in regards to that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

And if we're pointing out other peoples mess ups, 'sure' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by MickRaider: Jun 29 2006, 03:12 PM

KevinDurelle

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

New Update

So I went to Home Depot and picked up a dremel bit and some miniatures Hobby Files.  Here is the progress so far:

(IMG:http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2411/0702061914a0bi.jpg)

The colors in the background of the jewel are the colors the top and bottom of the box will be.

Let me know what you think and also any other ideas like LED's and such.

MickRaider

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »

That looks nice. A little round but still very clean and straight. If you want the cuts to have sharper edges go out and buy some micro files the sharpen the edges.

I'm personally a fan of offsetting colors. So if you have a yellow paint, have blue leds, etc.

R8zerBlade

• Archived User
Kevindurelle's Wip
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »

that looks really good.  The colors are kinda bright for me, but its not my xbox  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)