xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: V1.0 Old Xbox Possible Fix?  (Read 1590 times)

bulldozer

• Archived User
V1.0 Old Xbox Possible Fix?
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

I am attemping a fix on my friends xbox and i already modded mine with an xecuter 3 (soldered my self), avaluanch and evoX dashboard, gentoox  distro linux, usb connectors, and HD and dvd upgrade........so basically i sorta know what im doin... so if any of your help tips include like advanced knowledge, please put it in!!

anyways, my friends box is 1.0 with the shitty drive and thompson dvd. I turn it on , i boots up to the MS logo but FRAGs before it can load up the mircosoft little white logo. I know the MS Bios itself boots that up with/out the hard drives assistance, so i figured it was the HD. Well, i took out my other unlocked hard drive from my box and put it in with no avail. I did the same thing with the dvd drive. Nothing seemed to work. I swithced the ATA and power cables with no solution also. Still dead and still frustrated......any help would be appreciated.....btw, he said he didnt drop it or anything but when i cleaned it out, there was a TON OF DUST!!

SICKdimension

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Does it give a two digit error code when it frags?

bulldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

o yea, thanks for letting me know. god, i feel stupid. anyways, since it is a 1.0 the bios that came with it( i fogot the name) does not display the error code in the upper left hand corner like it usualy does with the other xboxs. All the box knows is that there is a problem.....

Pojojedichicken

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(bulldozer @ Jun 28 2006, 12:51 AM) *

I am attemping a fix on my friends xbox and i already modded mine with an xecuter 3 (soldered my self), avaluanch and evoX dashboard, gentoox  distro linux, usb connectors, and HD and dvd upgrade........so basically i sorta know what im doin... so if any of your help tips include like advanced knowledge, please put it in!!

anyways, my friends box is 1.0 with the shitty drive and thompson dvd. I turn it on , i boots up to the MS logo but FRAGs before it can load up the mircosoft little white logo. I know the MS Bios itself boots that up with/out the hard drives assistance, so i figured it was the HD. Well, i took out my other unlocked hard drive from my box and put it in with no avail. I did the same thing with the dvd drive. Nothing seemed to work. I swithced the ATA and power cables with no solution also. Still dead and still frustrated......any help would be appreciated.....btw, he said he didnt drop it or anything but when i cleaned it out, there was a TON OF DUST!!

If it's fragging install a chip or TSOP flash.

bulldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

im not gonna mod it. I have no intention of buying stuff for it. I just wanna repair it. Secondly, this box was never opened or attempeted to mod.

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »

bad hdd, or something else.. you need a chip to fix or eeprom reader.. if not good luck with the pile of broken xbox parts

bulldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(pimpmaul69 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:13 AM) *

bad hdd, or something else.. you need a chip to fix or eeprom reader.. if not good luck with the pile of broken xbox parts

r you sure that the eeprom is the problem? If my hd is unlocked, then it shouldn't be a problem to boot up in.....Also, how would a chip fix it?

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

eeprom reader is for replacing a bad hdd..modchip will help fix that and other problems.. but you need a chip or eeprom reader before you can fix it at all..you can rebuild hdd with chip....fix tsop with chip.. etc.. etc.. etc..

This post has been edited by pimpmaul69: Jun 28 2006, 01:24 AM

bulldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

how bout i desolder the eeprom chip from my old broken motherboard into the one i am currently working on?

also, is there a way where i can ftp into that locke hdd from my modded xbox or somtehin like that? but my bigger question is, how can this hardware failure just simply occur w/out any moddifictions done to it?

This post has been edited by bulldozer: Jun 28 2006, 01:28 AM

Zodiiak

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(bulldozer @ Jun 27 2006, 08:26 PM) *

how bout i desolder the eeprom chip from my old broken motherboard into the one i am currently working on?

also, is there a way where i can ftp into that locke hdd from my modded xbox or somtehin like that? but my bigger question is, how can this hardware failure just simply occur w/out any moddifictions done to it?

You can't just desolder your eeprom chip, from a broken motherboard and drop it into another xbox.  There's a lot of hardware conflicting problems.  

The EEPROM stores data about your physical hardware

I'm not sure about your second question, but if you're talking about recovering the hdd from the dead motherboard, it is possible

'Hardware failure' is common with MS.  Just look at what's going on with the 360s, and the early issues of heating.  To paraphrase a great philospher..."Shit Happens"

bulldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

yea i was expectain that answer, im just pissed off that the first version xbox made does not recored the error number on the error screen!! i mean wtf! how the hell did they fix it? Aw, im just gonna give it back to him, unless someone can tell me how to unlock that hard drive with my modded box w/out doin the eeprom thing where you find out the code by building this big whole contraption.....i found this guide on llama or somethin btw.

Zodiiak

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(bulldozer @ Jun 27 2006, 09:27 PM) *

yea i was expectain that answer, im just pissed off that the first version xbox made does not recored the error number on the error screen!! i mean wtf! how the hell did they fix it? Aw, im just gonna give it back to him, unless someone can tell me how to unlock that hard drive with my modded box w/out doin the eeprom thing where you find out the code by building this big whole contraption.....i found this guide on llama or somethin btw.

Yeah, you're talking about removing the eeprom chip, getting the code, etc.  It's not too bad of a process, i'd go through with it.  There's another way to do it, through FTPing, and using a dash like EVOx

I'd just mod the box, it'll cost like 35 bucks for a chip, or nothing.  Just TSOP it.

bulldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

all right, i looked up the tsop method and it dosn't look to hard to perform, but would that solve my problem and how?

FearX351

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

is it like locking up or going to a error screen I got a feeling its a bad PCB in the Dvd Rom drive , Ive had this problem before  try a different Dvd rom drive

Cappi

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(bulldozer @ Jun 27 2006, 06:41 PM) *

all right, i looked up the tsop method and it dosn't look to hard to perform, but would that solve my problem and how?

You cant tsop it unless the xbox boots. The best way to save this xbox is to chip it. Buy a inexpensive but reliable duox2, (like $10) and replace the hard drive. Then when it is fixed remove the chip and keep it for future problems such as this.