xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Get Rdy To Flame  (Read 964 times)

Y26tav

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

I dumbly bought a couple molex y splitters Thinking I needed them for a mod but I dont what mods can i use them for or should I just return them?

funnyperson1

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

I always keep stuff like that handy because I am always working on computers and stuff and you never know when a molex splitter is handy.  If it costs you less than $5 to keep it, I would do that.

Y26tav

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

But is there any xbox mods I can use them for?

funnyperson1

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

Sure, you could use them for dual hard drives (with a switch to determine which one gets power), you could use them for LEDs/Cathodes (instead of tapping the hd plug itself, it would be cleaner to just tap the empty plug on the splitter, and some cathodes will come with a molex plug on them so it would be plug and play).

Y26tav

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

ok I thought so with the led one I just wasn't usre and I totaly forgot the dual hard drive mods needs one thanks  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

all molex are the same right?

This post has been edited by Y26tav: Jun 17 2006, 12:35 AM

funnyperson1

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

You are dealing with the standard 4 pin molex connectors that every desktop computer and the Xbox uses, and that is the same everywhere, any device which gets power from a 4 pin molex connector for use in a pc will be able to receive power from this splitter, this includes hard drives, fans, cathodes, cd/dvd drives (in case you just want to read backups/homebrew), and other things.

Y26tav

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

Thanks just wanted to make sure the guage of wire or somthing doesn't vary before i hook it in and let the power flow... sparks and a fried hdd would suck ass.

blame canada

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Y26tav @ Jun 16 2006, 06:47 PM) *

sparks and a fried hdd would suck ass.

Oh you have no idea  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

Y26tav

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

Its ok man whatever happend just blame canada it is their fualt anyways  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

FreakSho

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Y26tav @ Jun 17 2006, 01:25 AM) *

Its ok man whatever happend just blame canada it is their fualt anyways  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

nahh canadians are kick ass man, and those molex connectors will come in handy someday, whats gonna happen is ur gonna stare at your molex connectors and ur gonna stare at your pc/xbox and u will figure something out just watch lol

BuyItModIt

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »

I bought an organiser drawer cabinet thing from maplin a while ago, it has been fantastic for organising everything from led's of different colours to molex connectors, screws, wires, & miscellaneous stuff. The miscellaneous stuff & the connectors come in handy for certain projects, so I'm glad I kept them. The organiser storage thing has also saved the room from becoming a complete mess, & makes things MUCH easier to find.

This post has been edited by BuyItModIt: Jun 17 2006, 09:24 AM

Y26tav

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

Do you work for Maplin?

INSB_GLOCK

• Archived User
Get Rdy To Flame
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »

heres an idea, you can use the molex y splitters for stock computer dvd readers. i used to have a IDE 16X DVD-ROM drive in my xbox and carried my samsung sdg-605G in the backpack with the xbox so i can swap out when needed, and a backedup copy of halo loaded damn fast  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (regular dvdrom drives only play burned dvds because originals are encrypted)