xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Metallica Xbox (metbox)  (Read 264 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« on: April 07, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »

Well, I got my stencils done on my MetBox (you guys helped me HERE.) I also did a few other things...

Here is what I did:
======================

- Custom Metallica "Ninja Star" jewel - Thx to Lep
- Red LED's around jewel and behind power/eject
- Mirror behind jewel
- Metallica Logo stenciled in Maroon on Top (made own stencil)
- Scary Guy logo stenciled on top (from Binge & Burge box set)
- Amp Logo stenciled on front (made own stencil)
- Sanded smooth dvd bezel
- Clearcoat top and front (matte finish)

So, as you can see, nothing crazy, no bondo or anything dramatic like some of the crazy mods I see on here! I just wanted a second Xbox for syslink games, so I bought parts and put together the MetBox, something to do ;)

(IMG:http://xbox.scorchedweb.com/metbox.jpg)

(IMG:http://xbox.scorchedweb.com/metbox_jewel.jpg)
 <

sheliak

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 01:24:00 AM »

Metallica is a registered trade mark.  Those logos are copyrighted.  I hope you obtained written permission.  Expect a lawsuit.  I have to go now, I must write out a check to Lars for viewing them. <

TheMarine

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 01:27:00 AM »

wouldn't that mean that al metallica shirts and other memoribeilia be illigal then? <

feflicker

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 01:28:00 AM »

Metallica is a registered trade mark. Those logos are copyrighted. I hope you obtained written permission. Expect a lawsuit. I have to go now, I must write out a check to Lars for viewing them.

Lol. It isn't illegal to paint a band logo on your own Xbox. Now if I were mass producing and selling them, that is a different story...

I forgot to mention, I also did a Metallica skin for UnleashX. I just uploaded it to allxboxskins, so check for it if you want it in a few days...

:beer: <

Cossack1977

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »

I would love to say i love it because i love Metallica but i cant.

I dont now it just doesnt do it for me.

Got bigger pics so i can see it better.

Other then ther stencil is the box painted or is it just stock?

<

sheliak

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 01:45:00 AM »

T-Shirts are legal to wear cause you buy them.  Though it might be copyright infringment to view a shirt someone else is wearing without paying the band.  Just joking around about a band that goes out of their way to sue their fans.  Nice box.  Please don't sue my Lars.   :P <

Software2

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »

Why did it not supprise me that the majority of the comments here would not be about the mod itself, but about how metallica sucks for various reasons?I mean, what? Are we all sitting here, crouched in our chairs, twirling a glass of brandy in one hand while shaking our other in nonspecific rage?

What is that guy in the lower right hand? You say it was stenciled on, but is that paint or what? (Would be nice if it was cut out & glowing) <

Cossack1977

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 02:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Software2 @ Apr 7 2005, 04:54 PM)
Why did it not supprise me that the majority of the comments here would not be about the mod itself, but about how metallica sucks for various reasons?I mean, what? Are we all sitting here, crouched in our chairs, twirling a glass of brandy in one hand while shaking our other in nonspecific rage?

What is that guy in the lower right hand? You say it was stenciled on, but is that paint or what? (Would be nice if it was cut out & glowing)

just a quick one who says Metallica sucks. other then your thread saying it no one else on here has
 <

mb3k

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 02:26:00 AM »

Hmm, it looks too crowded. Not my taste, but good cutting job none the less <

hb2k

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 02:39:00 AM »

pretty good job. and i bet metallica would sue u if they knew about it. they just love sueing people and companies. <

feflicker

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »

It is a Metal box, so yeah, no crazy colors, etc. Just stock black with a few stencils, etc.

And yeah, I figured people would bash on the band rather than comment on the box.

I used white primer (it is for plastics) and wine red (also for plastics).

I posted the pics on here because some people have expressed interest in seeing it... I am obviously not trying to win a mod award or any accolades. It is basically a stock case with a few stencils and a jewel, no fancy dvd windows or anything... I just wanted to do something different to it, and not leave it 100% stock...

Anyway, I like it  :P <

Cossack1977

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 03:02:00 AM »

as i said cant say i love the box.

the band rocks and you did do an awesome job with the stenciles.

The jewel looks cool
 <

Software2

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cossack1977 @ Apr 7 2005, 02:05 AM)
just a quick one who says Metallica sucks. other then your thread saying it no one else on here has

They didn't say "sucks" per se, but they comments are all negitive or bitter or something like that, wouldn't you say?

QUOTE(sheliak @ Apr 7 2005, 01:19 AM)
Metallica is a registered trade mark.  Those logos are copyrighted.  I hope you obtained written permission.  Expect a lawsuit.  I have to go now, I must write out a check to Lars for viewing them.

QUOTE(TheMarine @ Apr 7 2005, 01:22 AM)
wouldn't that mean that al metallica shirts and other memoribeilia be illigal then?

QUOTE(sheliak @ Apr 7 2005, 01:40 AM)
T-Shirts are legal to wear cause you buy them.  Though it might be copyright infringment to view a shirt someone else is wearing without paying the band.  Just joking around about a band that goes out of their way to sue their fans.  Nice box.  Please don't sue my Lars.   :P

QUOTE(hb2k @ Apr 7 2005, 02:34 AM)
pretty good job. and i bet metallica would sue u if they knew about it. they just love sueing people and companies.

And yeah, if you like it, that's all that matters. Though I'd encourage you to do more of course ;)
And sorry for that lengthy bit of quoting.

This post has been edited by Software2: Apr 7 2005, 10:07 AM <

roots4x

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 03:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(feflicker @ Apr 7 2005, 12:23 AM)
Lol. It isn't illegal to paint a band logo on your own Xbox. Now if I were mass producing and selling them, that is a different story...

I forgot to mention, I also did a Metallica skin for UnleashX. I just uploaded it to allxboxskins, so check for it if you want it in a few days...

:beer:

He's obviuosly referring to the fact that Metallica, as rich as they are, are little bitches about a few mp3 downloads. <

feflicker

• Archived User
Metallica Xbox (metbox)
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »

As for the whole Metallica/Napster thing, almost nobody reads all the press of Lars stating that the band doesn't care about the downloading, and that it was the principal of the matter that bothered them. I mean, for gods sake, a song they were still working on in the studio hit the radio (this happens all the time now, but back then it was historic). As a musician, I can see why they might be pist. Only the negative stuff makes the presses... As a fan, I read everything, and take it all in and decide. I don't just take a few soundbites and make a rash decision...

On top of that, I am not prepared to let a file format (mp3) or digital rights dictate which bands I like or dislike. I love music, it is my religion, so I am not prepared to part with any of it over something as silly as an artists opinion on music piracy  :huh:

I am not really a painter, and I don't want to spend tons of time cutting out pieces, bondo-ing, etc. I just wanted to paint it a little and put a jewel in. That's enough for my taste. I am not into anything gaudy or over the top... As it stands, I got about 12 hours into it, and that is about the threshold when I start to lose interest in doing any more  :lol: <