xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Stupid Thing You Have Done  (Read 3865 times)

sobman

• Archived User
Stupid Thing You Have Done
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Justice Lamb @ Jul 6 2005, 11:40 PM)
Now i have two jewel halves.

Zeusydude

• Archived User
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

Sprayed 20 coats of white paint (first time) then clear coated it, and the clear coat dried it up, then i had to redo it all

halofreak007

• Archived User
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Stratus @ Jul 20 2005, 09:38 PM)
I was soldering in my room, I was barefoot...... Dropped the iron on the top of my foot 

Zeusydude

• Archived User
« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »

Oh ya.. i got zapped for the first time, it was wierd

Shutdown[Swe]

• Archived User
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »

jester.gif

Took it out as fast as i could and it was melted and had cracks in the paint.. OH well.. i could remove the black glue =p

MickRaider

• Archived User
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(SpikeMage @ Jul 20 2005, 10:25 PM)
A lot of people only get a first time. Lucky that shit didnt kill you man.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »

its the current that kills you, and it all depends how your shorting it. if its between to fingers on the same hand you could be fine then if it was spots on both hands, because itd go through your heart

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Statecowboy

• Archived User
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

I was soldering LED's into my control ON MY LAP WITH SHORTS ON...brilliant, and brushed the tip against my leg and got a nice scar.

Also, I just installed my first 1.6 box (with an x3) for a friend and it fragged upon startup.  So, I figured no biggy, just check the solder points.  Looked good but still didnt work.  So we desoldered and soldered again.  I was at work and we even had our tech lead take a look at it.  We had all the professional equipment and everything so we couldnt figure out what was wrong.  

After 4 F'ING HOURS!!!!  I suddenly thought, hey why isnt that 5 volt led lighting up?  Then I remembered pulling the permanent 5volt pin on the pin header.  ARGHH!!!  4 hours of debugging because of 1 stupid missing 5 volt wire!  

Anyway, that was stupid on my part.  

Also, my friend's X3 didnt come with the 5 volt adapter or the red, green, grey adapter.  SUCKS!  So does anyone have an extra one of either of those items?  I gave him a green, grey, red adapter from one of my other kits, but now I'm missing one.  We made the 5 volt wire ourselves  (made a wire, I sound stupid).

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

wink.gif.

One of my roommates was attempting to install a Xenium ice (iirc) modchip in his v1.0 xbox his cousin gave him as payment for a successful mod.  He had the soldering iron plugged into the same circuit as two lamps.  For normal houses this wouldn't be a big deal but in our townehouse it must have dropped the voltage or something similiar, because the soldering iron wouldn't heat up enough to melt the solder.  He didn't think of that, though, so he continually applied pressure against the LPC port holes, tried desoldering braid, etc, but since he wasn't applying enough heat it did not work.  He ended up fiddling for ~8 hours before giving up and in that time slipped, cracked, etc, the soldering iron against the board enough times to brick it.  Some exposed traces, still haven't put enough energy into trying to fix it..

Now he has a new xbox and bricked it before it was done because he did *something* we're not sure of while installing his LED header, he couldn't just wait and cope just with the mod, nope he needed that LED header first..

We were TSOP flashing another friend's xbox, and it was the three of us in the room: me, a xbox-smart friend who helped me with the mod (owner of the two bricks previously explained), and the owner of the xbox.  We finish flashing, everything went 100%, we reboot, and it's fragging.  Bad flash.  The owner of the xbox, who up until then at every step was like "woah.. cool!!...", etc, had a big grin on his face and was like "woah! neato! look at that flash!" while my heart was sinking.. had to buy a modchip to save that one smile.gif.  Scared me because there was absolutely no feedback that the flash went wrong.. from what we could tell it was 100%
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]