xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do You Use Your Xbox360 As A Media Center Extender?  (Read 3503 times)

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Do You Use Your Xbox360 As A Media Center Extender?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 01:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Oct 1 2006, 05:06 AM) View Post

However, I do have complaints....

Oh yeah, as far as Transcode 360 goes, sure it will let me playback HD movies from my PC in formats like .ts, etc., BUT you can't FF or Rewind. I heard with the better media remotes you can use a 30-second skip button but, of course, I have the mini limited edition media remote so I don't have that button. Even if I did, a 30-second skip still isn't as good as a real FF/Rew. That's not a big deal though, so I can live with that.

I'm gonna research this VLC 360 the dude above mentioned and maybe that will stream HD .ts (and other format) files but actually allow me to FF/Rew, which again Transcode 360 doesn't do!

Obviously this is a little known fact....

You can play HD movies (.ts format) directly from the 360 MCE without any need of transcoding with excellent results.

Download HDTVPump and install onto your XP MC 2005 PC and associate .ts files with media player. Done.

FTR I still use my Xbox solely as a media player (XBMC), just due to the fact I don't need to switch on an extra PC just to transcode. If MS opened the MCE completely to allow playback of all movies as long as the codecs were installed, it would be a fantastic product.

Either that, or if XBMC can incorporate TV streaming from a nominated PC with TV Card...

SimonG156

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

XBMC for everyhting on the NAS, TiVO for everything from the TV. Lovely. 360 won';t even show pictures if your My Documents/My Pictures folder is on a network drive! Absolute pile of sh**. And on a totally unrelated matter, why not Live/IM integrations. C***s.

jagermike

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

do want to connect it to a media center
Pages: 1 2 [3]