xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console  (Read 6326 times)

poolin4you

• Archived User
Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »

My kids and I will use the original xbox for years or at least until the 360 can be modded. I sold my 360 on ebay, nuf said!
Steve

markop

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »

I love my xbox. Since i learned bout this site ive really learned alot about software and circutry and im only 13 years old. Ill be takin my baby to my grave. biggrin.gif

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Dec 13 2005, 12:19 AM) View Post

I have now attained greatness.. my first poll!

woot.

uR t3h 1337z0rz!  huh.gif

the 360 might one day play games for me, but the Xbox will hang about as the media center.  gay ass 360 media center.

ImDaWiseGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

well grahpics dont mean anything to me so untill the xbox works out the kinks...and has alot more creative games...and no just ports of games i can play on my modded box now and not spend 60bucks after buying it for this system some time back like madden..and live....none the less i will use my xbox for some time even after i get my 360 hell i still play my dreamcast sometimes..its not about whats better....its about whats good it can look pretty as can be but if it plays like tits on a bore.....which is pretty much usless then it isnt much to be had......so none the less i voted i still use my box over a year from now cause it still makes a good system for playing dvds on the go and music and what not...and well i dont care if a system is modded ill still buy it peopl who wait for it to be modded to me are the ones that just dont wanna buy games and dont deserve a system smile.gif

eeeeeee

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »

yeah, maybe if the earth ends tommorow? or my xbox suddenly dies...   no dont say it!

i might buy a x360 if they make a sequel to Far Cry instincts

Man what a game! Game of the year!

prof-it

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2005, 06:04:00 AM »

Already put it in the old console closet with the dreamcast, nes, and 3do. Have not touched xbox or ps2 since getting 360.

Meccadeath

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

Look numb nuts,

Your a compleate dumb ass if you trade your XBOX for a 360!

Even if i never play another game on my XBOX i will always have XBMC to stream content from my pc or to store media.  Just set your XBOX up like i have where i boot straight into XBMC. Its sooo nice.

Look when we have XBMC 360 then ill upgrade... but i dont see that happining anytime soon..if ever.

Besides,  The 360 will be like $150.00 cheaper in a year.  
I bought my 1.0 XBOX for $300.00 when it first came out. (dumb ass)

So chill out and give your XBOX a little love.

Hell, Who knows The PS3 maybe way easer to hack then the 360 anyway.

IPB Image

superjudge

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

I never planned on buying an XBox in the first place, and wouldn't have planned on getting an upgrade. I won my 1.4, and I'm turning it into an XBMC, so I suspect it'll be around for a good long time.  biggrin.gif

Thank you, MS, for losing money!

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

as many have said before - 360 media setup is lame.  360 might have a chance of replacing my xbox once xbmc is running on it.  Until then it is the ugly step daughter that everyone ignores in my household.

t_mac_ca

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

Once the 360 is modded ans i can use media center, emulators, ect i will stop using my original xbox

lord^infamous

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

Just as many are saying, I'm going to use my xbox until my 360 can do EVERYTHING my xbox does.  Graphics just aren't that important to me.

Lamer123

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »

XBMC will never become obsolete as long as I can still get content in 720x480

sonicbootie

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

I love my modded xbox.  I recently ordered a 360 bundle, got it in the mail, and stared at the unopened box for about 8 hours before deciding to sell it on Ebay!  Why?  The biggest reason was because of the lack of Divx / Xvid support. I think MS really screwed up not allowing support for these video formats on the 360.   grr.gif

I don't play games nearly as much as I use XBMC to play content from my PC, and even with the 360 / Media Center Extender action,  XBMC still blows it away.

Kudos to the XBMC team and the modding community (especially Xecuter) for putting out such badass products...  I'm sure the 360 will show up in my entertainment setup someday, but for now it's old school Xbox modded bliss... love.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2005, 01:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xijar @ Dec 13 2005, 07:55 AM) View Post

I'm still looking to buy more Xboxes. I think 6 is my target (currently at 3). Until the Xbox360 modding scene is as developed as Xbox's is, I find much more value in an Xbox than an Xbox 360. And yeah, gotta have some pretty damn good emulation programs out there.

I agree completely.  Until the XBOX360 modding scene REALLY gets underway and it can do all of the functions that an original modded XBOX, then I will hold on to the original.  I hardly use my XBOX for XBOX games.  I use it primarily for XBMC and Emus.  The first we saw a decent version of XBMC and a good selection of decent emus for the XBOX wasn't until late '03, early '04.  The original XBOX came out in late 2001, so it is reasonable to assume that the 360 will take more than a year before it can reasonably perform those functions like the original XBOX.  Also, let's face it, if the original XBOX goes belly up it is a HELL of alot cheaper and easier to replace than the 360.  

TSOPrano

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2005, 02:21:00 AM »

The 360 will never replace my big black 9" co--console.

Well at least until it gets modded and XBMC is put on it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10