xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console  (Read 6327 times)

eminvil_12

• Archived User
Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 12:27:00 AM »

When X 360 gets itself a modchip, and there are hardware and software hacks that suit my need.

thats when i will get one.

But i will always love my XBOX's

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »

My "old" xboxes are on about 75% of the time that we are home, and the 360 is on for some COD2 every other day.  

Im disappointed with the new system but I think thats just because im spoiled with the best media player on the planet (XBMC duh) .

The games look better on the new one, meh.  

That is, what games are out for it.

prankfurter

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »

i will still use my xbox for my upscanning dvd player and for watching divx/xvid

Soup

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 12:40:00 AM »

I'm not going to get an X360 until its been modded and has xbmc (or equivalent).  I don't play games very much now, but I use xbmc almost daily.

So the xbox is here to stay for a while at least.

-Natas-

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »

I'll be running my Xbox for years to come. I don't toss a console to the curb cause it gets old. I still play my genesis as well as many other old consoles. I have no plans on getting a Xbox 360 as there are just no games coming out for it at this time that interest me that are Xbox 360 exclusives.

modthebox.tk

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 03:48:00 AM »

If and when I get the 360 I will probably be using them about 50-50. I LOVE my xbox and when the 360 comes I'll love it just as much.

maxlifo

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 03:53:00 AM »

My xbox will stay in action until the sorry ass crippled media functions (streaming and onboard) are expanded by either MS, or a modchip.

I love my 360 apart from that.  As soon as the 360 is as capable of XBMC or similar and emulators (Xbox and Mame etc), it may be bye bye Xbox.

greenday54261

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 04:50:00 AM »

Sigh... Never preordered, so no telling how long I'm keeping my modded box.

And you know what really sucks? It can't go on Live. No explanation-not banned or anything... sad.gif  grr.gif

XTS

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 04:53:00 AM »

i wont stop using xbox until 360 can do what xbmc can.  

save tookie!

irajames1176

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 05:11:00 AM »

I'll barely if at all touch my old box even if it does have XBMC or Emulators, I rarely open them up anymore anyways, because I sure am lovin my 360 along with the games i got with it, they all look pretty dang good for launch titles and a few of them surprised me biggrin.gif The xbox live features are awesome also, the achievment scoring is kick ass, and the market place shows promise, and so does the media section, the skinning options for the dash are ok, nothing spectacular but with an update hopefully it will get even better wink.gif And playing my own music from a playlist on my ipod during any game...it's just great!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 05:18:00 AM »

Wheres the option for "I've already stopped using it" laugh.gif

Seriously though I've pretty much stopped gaming on the Xbox 1, it's still a major player in terms of media though. I don't see the 360 completely replacing it until such time as the price comes down, it's got some stable mods and the XBMC and Emulator capabilities are on par with the Xbox 1... though I don't see that happening for quite some time.

zookolo

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 05:44:00 AM »

The Xbox is Ugly and dated.  None of the games interest me any more.  Yeah Half Life 2 is good but why the hell play it on an Xbox when its on the PC.  What I will be doing is hooking up my PC to my 32inch LCD install the 360 pad and play Half Life 2 in style.  I haven’t been playing my Xbox for about 4 months now.  I have lost complete interest.  I have resorted to playing my high powered PC.  Waiting for my 360 pre-order, once I get that I’m a happy man.  We have been waiting too long for a new console.

And yeah we need an option, Stopped using it.  

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 06:26:00 AM »

i wont stop using xbox until 360 can do what xbmc can

amen

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2005, 06:54:00 AM »

I will use my xbox untill the day I die. Its such a great machine it will always be in my room and will never sell it. cool.gif its just the best thing i've ever bought.

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2005, 07:17:00 AM »

There isn't a reason to own a 360 at the moment. Stop being such fanboys and open your eyes. NO there are no good release titles. Or good games for it yet on top of the poor performance and tons of complaints about crashes and such.

I like the xbox but the only reason to own 1 right now is to use it as a CASH COW. Get as many as you can and sell them to whomever is willing to buy it. More power to the people hoarding from friends from game stores and ebay. Make that money.

I have all of teh money down for the 360 but wil not pick mines up till February or March... in my house the xbox and all of its power still rules supreme.

Ps. As a graduatoin gift to me, my buddy brought over his 360 and let me hold it for 3 days with all the games currently out. there was nothing even eye catching except Condemned. The most I used it for was to watch movies
Devil Refects is a fu*#ing awesome film.

Flame on. smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10