xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Will You Buy A Ps3?  (Read 4863 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« on: November 10, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

feel free to vote/discuss

JEB-101

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

it all depends on the hacks... and a small part games... Ive hated sony from day one.. and with the little "spyware" discovered makes me loose trust in them.. Ijust woudnt want a console hooked up to my PC sending info on whats on my HD and shit to sony... it's my own property and me to know not them!

VOlition

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »

Well, I loved the playstation betteter than n64 but if there is modchip for ps3 then I will totally ditch the 360 as there is no invitation for me other than halo but I hate ps2 so bad.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »

Ehh, I said no. But Ill probably get one 5 years from now like I did with the PSX and the PS2

Unregistered007

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »

as soon as it hits the stores. I might even sell my 360 to get it... its all about the RPGs and Devil May Cry....

Chicken_Chaser

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »

i'm gonna sleep outside the mall for 2 days in advance, even longer if ANY signs of a line form...i love sony, everyone onlywants an Xbox 360 because it's easier to mod than a Ps3, but who'd mod a Ps3 anyway?? it's the leetest out there, Ps2 whooped Xbox, and NO you can't keep on going "err look at Halo err" because we can go "err look at Killzone err" smile.gif Xbox is only good for RPG's! PlayStation is good for ALL GAMES!!!!!!! plus it was out longer smile.gif

M-K-E!

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 01:04:00 AM »

maybe...but probably not...it depends wich get's cracked first and wich one has the biggest homebrew scene...

there's only a couple ps2 games i like to play (can count them on one hand- the harmonix games mainly) but there good enough to make me not sell my ps2...so if the next gen versions of those games are good, chances are i will end up with one too.

throwingks

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »

No, I grew up on Nintendo and now have outgrown them. So it is 360 all the way and maybe when prices come down the Revolution.

Siktwizt

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 01:19:00 AM »

why bother, everything about xbox is better, from last gen to this one.  there were very few exclusive ps2 titles that xbox didn't have and answer for... wait there were <NONE>
Modding aside.... obviously
GT4-->Forza better!
Online? No Contest.
Controller responsiveness?  No Contest.
Graphics? cmon
Load time? Don't make me laugh.

I see no reason to go back to sony.

Jason9875

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 01:26:00 AM »

It depends on how many good games the PS3 has, and if they are good enough to make me want to pay XXX for a PS3.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 02:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chicken_Chaser @ Nov 10 2005, 10:58 PM)
Xbox is only good for RPG's!

What? PS was all about RPG's not xbox... Fable was the biggest one.  PS had the whole fuckin' FF franchise.  Almost every game I look at for PS2 is an RPG it seems like.  If anything xbox is only good for racing games and FPS (as good as a console can make it that is)... which happens to be the only things I play for the most part.

I may or may not get a PS3.  I didn't buy a Gamecube because N64 was a HUGE let down.  And the games I wanted on GC were also available on XB or PS2.  Same thing with PS2... it was kind of a let down.  Most of the PS2 games I wanted were available on XB and most of the Sony exclusive games don't interest me (I can't get into most RPG and stealth games... too slow.)  So PS3 will be dependent on price and games.  If it costs 500 for just the console, I'm out.  If there's only like 3 games that look attractive, I'm over it.  I only own about 6 or 7 games for PS2 (half of which I got before XB).  The only definate buy criteria would be if it is <400, actually has BR (so it'll be a two-fer kinda thing), and has a few games that are actually appealing that I can't get on 360.

My vote: Maybe

This post has been edited by Owtlaw333: Nov 11 2005, 10:29 AM

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 02:57:00 AM »

stick me down for a no.

im a loyal xbox fan, and it would take somethign very special to make me want to get a ps3.

and from teh way things are shaping up, sony will loose a huge market share all around the globe except japan, where it has half a chance.

gerbertronic

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 03:15:00 AM »

I'll get one when I'm looking for a blue ray player in the future, but probably not in the first year it's released.

I'll get the 360 and probably the nintendo aswell but I'll wait for the first decent price drop, usually about a year after release.

tribalbboy

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 03:23:00 AM »

wow...all of you are being absolutely ridiculous...

why fight over which console is better?

My Solution -- Buy all three next-gen consoles so that you can then enjoy every game that you'd like, regardless of what system it is on...

And then for the games that are multi-platformed, well, if you have a modded box it is probably no question...and if a mod for PS3 comes along with similar capabilities, the decision will obviously be a bit more difficult but in that case you should all be able to just make a simple choice and not give a fuck either way...

The whole point of playing a game is to enjoy it...not live it.

Bottom Line...

Don't let games become your life...

Cuz then I'll just have to call you a loser!

lol

And you can't say I am a game/gamer hater either...cuz I am a big fan of all kinds of games, all systems, all developers and each of their unique contributions to the gaming industry, and all of the industry itself...

This post has been edited by tribalbboy: Nov 11 2005, 11:25 AM

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 04:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(tribalbboy @ Nov 11 2005, 08:23 PM)
Don't let games become your life...

well if you buy all three consoles just becaseu you can, and your buying the same game for more then one, then id say that games are your life
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7