xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Did You Buy A Psp?  (Read 4293 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« on: November 05, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »

feel free to vote/discuss

OC-NightHawk

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »

No, I don't care if it's portable I'm just not interested in it at that cost.

yello

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

nah, too expensive for a poor modchip installer like me heheh

eDeus

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

Why buy a PSP?

> so you can repurchase all your dvd's as tiny UMDs
> to buy games that you already own copies of
   > so you can replay from the start because you dont have any saved games
   > because you like games that are tiny and hard to read as opposed to a large tv
> just so you can buy a sony propriety memory stick and say "I paid double the cost of the equiv. SD card!"
> so you can listen to MP3's while looking like your carrying a brick in your pants.

Great device/technology/modding uses but at the end of the day, it isnt practical unless you commute for long periods. I know people that bought them, all the accessories and havent even played them for longer than half an hour a month. Xbox still rules on the PSP anyday.

But it looks great and is a sexy device.

BasicAir

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

I thought it suicide for Sony to enter into the handheld market. Everyone knows Nintendo has a monopoly in this industry...

I will say that sure, the PSP has some "neat" features, but as others have pointed out it's pretty much pointless unless you commute for long periods. That goes for all other handhelds as well, including all the Nintendo GameBoy variants and other "dead" handhelds, too.

The price is insane for both hardware, accessories, and software (games/movies) on top of it all. Even if you mod it and download games and the like (which I wouldn't condone or support), I still think it's just not worth it. To be 100% honest, I wouldn't even consider buying a PSP if it were $100 for the system, a large array of accessories, and 10 games of my choice and 5 movies of my choice - I would still turn it down.

It's just a matter of time before Sony stops production. I've been saying this from the day it was released. Although I don't like handhelds in general, it really is just suicide for anyone to enter that market to compete with Nintendo. The reason Nintendo sees a lot of profit in the market is because their system with it's price and games in the GameBoy is because it has such devoted children & kids who are into the system. Unfortunately, the PSP was geared towards an older audience, really, and older gamers don't look for portable gaming unless it's for a lot of commuting (like a lot of road trips or plane flights) so it really was destined to fail from the day it was announced.

Sorry Sony, but I think you really messed up with the PSP. I'm glad M$ hasn't made the same mistake of trying to enter into this industry of portable gaming.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »

There should be a "might buy/undecided."
I would like one, but not at that price.

VOlition

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

Nope, don't like sony, don't like the battery power and I don't like the fact of playing on a small screen. Ill go with a ds instead...

bigted41

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(VOlition @ Nov 6 2005, 05:12 AM)
Nope, don't like sony, don't like the battery power and I don't like the fact of playing on a small screen. Ill go with a ds instead...

what? you complain about the small screen and then say you'd rather have a DS? the main DS screen is smaller than the PSP's and the second screen is mainly for the touchpad quality.

i would definitely buy a white PSP if they made one for the US.

Juniorman030790

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

I'd like 1 but not at that price. I'm trying to get rid of that stupid ds.

VOlition

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(bigted41 @ Nov 6 2005, 05:29 AM)
what? you complain about the small screen and then say you'd rather have a DS? the main DS screen is smaller than the PSP's and the second screen is mainly for the touchpad quality.

i would definitely buy a white PSP if they made one for the US.

What I am saying is I despise small screen; ds and psp but if i need to get one i'll go with ds due to the price.

Spider-One

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »

It has the hardware, but where is the software... WHERE!!!! I've tried it, all the games suck, which is why I didn't buy one last month, and why I probably wont ever buy one. If I want to play a PSP game I'll get the PS2 version (or Xbox if availbable) and play that.

jaydon34

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »

yes purchased it and traded it for a 4g Ipod.

gehx

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »

smile.gif

jaydon34

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(eDeus @ Nov 5 2005, 10:17 PM)

Great device/technology/modding uses but at the end of the day, it isnt practical unless you commute for long periods. I know people that bought them, all the accessories and havent even played them for longer than half an hour a month. Xbox still rules on the PSP anyday.

But it looks great and is a sexy device.

Sums it up the best

Jason9875

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

I bought, and I love it do death.

Kills road time uber fast, and the Emulation and homebrew isn't all that bad either.

Though I plan on getting GTA for it, I am still waiting for some killer games for my PSP.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6