xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Microsoft Charges you 50 USD for 2 Months of LIVE  (Read 2468 times)

pezjono1986

• Archived User
Microsoft Charges you 50 USD for 2 Months of LIVE
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »

I just delt with this on last Friday. I had an old card on my account, they tried to bill me for a month straight (which I still had Gold access on my account). I had a 12 month card but figured I would keep rolling with this as long as I could. Then I wanted to buy Braid, so I went to type in my 12 month card to get it up-to-date and it would not accept it because I did not have a valid credit card on my account.

I called up M$ and spoke to someone who was able to cancel my account and hold with me on the phone while I typed in my 12 month card and activated it. No charges, no problems. I then added my up-to-date credit card and downloaded Braid  biggrin.gif

No fuss, no BS.

majik655

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(pezjono1986 @ Aug 18 2008, 08:43 PM) View Post

I just delt with this on last Friday. I had an old card on my account, they tried to bill me for a month straight (which I still had Gold access on my account). I had a 12 month card but figured I would keep rolling with this as long as I could. Then I wanted to buy Braid, so I went to type in my 12 month card to get it up-to-date and it would not accept it because I did not have a valid credit card on my account.

I called up M$ and spoke to someone who was able to cancel my account and hold with me on the phone while I typed in my 12 month card and activated it. No charges, no problems. I then added my up-to-date credit card and downloaded Braid  biggrin.gif

No fuss, no BS.

No fuss?   no bs?   kinda sounds like it was a fuss and bs to me anyway.

This has not happened to me so I guess I can't speak too much.. but if it did happen to me I would definently get a detailed reason as to why the weird charges.   Of Course there are a hell of alot more people that do not have any issues at all and we hear about the 1 or 2 people that get screwed and those for some reason stick out over what hundred thousands?  millions?

upsetspy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(readmore @ Aug 19 2008, 01:43 AM) View Post

This story is 100% BS

I agree, I had the same problem with an old XBL Gold account but the card was 'expired' and had no idea Id get billed again once the year ran out...when I saw the statement a month later then got the time to call it was about 2 month and they reverted it to silver and i had my money back in 2 days, no problems.

I cant fathom why i read all these problems with XBox and Microsoft support...Ive never had a single problem with customer support.

Am I just lucky?? happy.gif

troyBORG

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(DCarnage @ Aug 18 2008, 08:14 PM) View Post

They did not revert my account back to Silver like I thought they would, they said I owed them for a month past my account expiring.  And I couldn't just pay for one month, it had to be for a full year.  I was really pissed.  Lesson learned.

Same thing with 2 of my friends.  They didn't have the $50 so when it came time for the 1 year instead of just kicking them back to silver, it says that the account is suspended until he pays.

Which is annoying cause when we wanna play Rock Band when he signs in it kicks us offline so if we do a random set list some of the DLC isn't DRM'ed to that box, so it will cause the game to freeze.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

i cant wait till some of these people actually get real bills and find their cars hooked up to tow trucks or have their furniture loaded into a repo truck.

or better yet visit new york...  IPB Image DOH!!!

steveju

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(leorimolo @ Aug 19 2008, 01:55 AM) *
If you live outside of the US its pretty hard to find these for retail prices
Yeah, you always have to pay way less than the retail price. It's so damn annoying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Still more than the U.S. people though.

Mr N

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Aug 19 2008, 06:37 AM) View Post

i cant wait till some of these people actually get real bills and find their cars hooked up to tow trucks or have their furniture loaded into a repo truck.

or better yet visit new york...  IPB Image DOH!!!

Amen to that

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(leorimolo @ Aug 19 2008, 02:55 AM) View Post

If you live outside of the US its pretty hard to find these for retail prices

The wonderful thing about Xbox Live Subscription codes is that they're not region locked.

Go to Ebay.com and search 'Xbox Live 12 + 1'. You can purchase these codes for $40 and get them sent through to you via email. Pick someone with good feedback of course!

Credit cards and perpetual subscriptions are a recipe for disaster....

smdtherock

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 03:16:00 AM »

I had a similar problem... I had an outdated Credit Card and never updated it so when my xbox live ran out i bought the prepaid 12 +1 card. well when i tried t put it in xbox live said i needed to update my account info to input the prepaid card. well i did that got charged $50 on my card after i put in my 12+1. they would not refund me and my 360 is broken and they fucked me for $50

ynwa

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 05:22:00 AM »

Something very similar happened to me. CC expired. 2 months later went to enter code but account was suspended. However when i phoned up they said i had to pay the 2 months balance to reactivate the account, i said forget it illopen new account.

I then remembered i had 2100 points on that account so thought i would pay it but when i rang back and got another guy who said forget about it, re-enabled my account and i just entered the code without having to pay the 2 months balance.

biscoito

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 05:25:00 AM »

Microsoft might run out of business if they don't get the 50 bucks

hawkolugy

• Recovered User
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 05:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(majik655 @ Aug 19 2008, 05:00 AM) View Post

No fuss?   no bs?   kinda sounds like it was a fuss and bs to me anyway.

This has not happened to me so I guess I can't speak too much.. but if it did happen to me I would definently get a detailed reason as to why the weird charges.   Of Course there are a hell of alot more people that do not have any issues at all and we hear about the 1 or 2 people that get screwed and those for some reason stick out over what hundred thousands?  millions?

Why would you complain if nothing was going wrong? Who takes the effort to go post something on a forum if everything is going as it should, and even if you would who wants to hear that it is working as advertised over and over and over again...so something going wrong gives someone motivation to speak out when, unless something is exceptionally good, they do not have reason too.

robo989

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »

This is a BS story. No, I mean sure its true, but you have no right to be contesting these charges.

You're all obviously a bunch of kids who have used your parents visa card, and just "forgotten" about it.

Well I'm afraid this is real life, and if you want to use credit cards and what not, you need to understand that there are implications for things like...

NOT PAYING YOUR BALANCE ON TIME
AUTO-RENEWELS

If you're not familiar with this kind of shit, then more fool you.

I'm surprised this has even made it as a "story".

The person even admitted IGNORING REMINDERS TO PAY.

Ahhhhh this post is a waste of time you lot aren't even 18 are you? Silly little kids, need to shut up and grow up.

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

had it happen to but i wasent gonna be ransomed by m$ i just started a new account with a point card so this account has no cc on it.

z3ddicus

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »

Well I switched bankaccounts recently and therefore switched debit cards.  I forgot to update my payment information with Microsoft.  Then one day over a month after when my subscription renewal was due I couldn't log into Xbox Live.  I called Microsoft updated my billing info, they charged for the 12 months, as that is what you agree to when allowing it to auto renew.  My account was instantly re-activated no problem.  If you have a annual subcription to something and either dont have money in the account when it is supposed to come out or have switched bank accounts and dont notify Microsoft or cancel your subscription before hand, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Also, why does the headline read "Microsoft Charges you 50 USD for 2 Months of LIVE"? That is a completely false and misleading headline.  He is still getting 12 months of Xbox Live for his 50.  He is paying for the 2 months he is deliquent and the following 10 months.

This post has been edited by z3ddicus: Aug 19 2008, 07:27 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3