xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Change Default Folders In Mce/360?  (Read 1086 times)

miracleboy

• Archived User
How To Change Default Folders In Mce/360?
« on: April 19, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

I have connected my MCE PC to my 360, but when I go into Videos, Photos or Music in the 360 it only shows me the defauly C:\Documents and Settings\... path to Videos. I have my videos, music and photos on another drive - how do I change the path to these on the 360?

trepex

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

This is EXACTLY my problem!

Did you ever find a solution???

Klutsh

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediace...homemovies.mspx

scroll down to 'How to add videos to your library'

trepex

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

Thanks smile.gif

I stumbled across this last night and finally got things working. You're exactly right though, that's all it took. I also wasn't aware that a MXC1 user account was created under Docs and Settings and that on the 360 it had already mapped those folders.

Related question though... For music, I added it in a similar fashion and it took a long time and went through every single subfolder in my PC music directory, adding it to the library. I assume that if I go now and add news songs/folders under my "Music" folder that I added on the 360, it will automatically show those folders?

I assume it was just slow to add music because it was looking for album artwork and song details? Whereas for videos and pics it seemed faster. I guess there were also less subfolders too for videos/pics, since iTunes makes a subfolder for every artist and then for every album below that...