xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)  (Read 9300 times)

itzlilc

• Archived User
Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)
« on: December 31, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »

i get the sync=F message.....everything hooked up ok, except for my ground, could it be that? do i ground it into that little hole that says ground? because that means i would need to solder it.

i have a x2.3 lite

Terrorbyte

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 09:25:00 AM »

i get the sync=F message.....everything hooked up ok, except for my ground, could it be that? do i ground it into that little hole that says ground? because that means i would need to solder it.

i have a x2.3 lite

There should be a ground wire already on the programmer, unless you tore it off or something.  Yes, you do need the ground hooked up, unless you want to fry your modchip.

You need to solder a wire from the X2 Lite programmer to the X2.3 Lite in order to get it to work; AND you need to temporarily short out your X2.3 chip by soldering two points together.  The X2.3 modchip won't take power from the X2.0 Programmer (thanks to MS cutting the power to the LPC in v1.5 -- that's why the X2.3 Lite had to be redesigned to take power from the USB bus.  The new X2.3B Lite takes all its power from the 5V connection).  There is a Programmer v2.3 available now that works with the X2.3 Lite modchips, good luck finding it anywhere though.

As for other Sync problems, you have to set your LPT port in your PC's CMOS (BIOS setup) to Normal or ESS.

gro_ver

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

Background:
Ok i got a premodded xbox with the X2 lite chip installed.  I flashed it with the wrong bios and corrupted it so I was told I needed to buy a programmer to fix it.  I got it, hooked  it up to my parallel port and am using the USB for power.  I am using the 4979.06_256k.bin, and used x2bm to make a 1m bios.bin.  When I plug in the chip to the programmer and give it power i get the 2 blue lights.  Seems to be ok up to this point.

Problem:
When i type in "x2cable w bios.bin" into the command prompt to flash the bios it always gets to 6% and then just stops.  ANY SUGGESTIONS!

seedy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

ok i got a xecuter 2.2 lite + and i have connected it as shown in ur tut but all i get is error F or sync F k wot should i do cos it seems a few ppl have had that error or sync and there has been no reply plz help me i cant afford to buy a new chip after gettin this programer sad.gif.. unsure.gif

seedy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »

update ok i have managed to get past sync F error now get sync 8 but all i can say is that i narrowed that error to the cable from ur programmer to the printer port i did the cabless method and get error 8 so if u get sync eror F just do the wirless mod on this tut  and werk from there. i think this shopuld b noted on th tut as well thnx .. any elp with sync 8 much apriciated

Kedamono

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

thanks ive been looking for this. my only problem is my programer didnt come with a ground wire. so i guess ill be soldering

wireless g

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

sorry i did not read

vtron70

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

I just want to say thank you to Lerxst for all the help. Your posts were the only posts that solved my problem. I had the "unable to read driver" and "sync=f error" when using the x2cable prog for my xecuter 2.3b lite (+) on my xbox v1.4 with the xecuter 2.3 lite programmer. I'm going to put what I did just in case it helps anyone.

It took me a long time, but I finally figured it out. WIN LPC works to help x2cable see the driver. I also figured out that I was using x2 bios manager incorrectly. It's a very touchy prog, and even if you copy the bios wrong into the other banks, it flashes wrong. Apparently I had to put the 4981.06 bios in each bank instead of copying and pasting. I'm not saying that's the way you're supposed to do it, but it seemed to work for me. I then opened win lpc, closed it and made sure all of my usb ports were open except for the power to the programmer. I got out of all my programs that didn't have to do with the programmer. I reflashed cromwell first as a test to see if the xbox would go back to flashing orange(that meant my programmer was seeing my computer). Then I flashed 4981.06 for the millionth time and when I booted up my xbox, up came the xecuter screen. Hopefully this helps you with this problem.

boxman{Rage}

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

beerchug.gif great tutorial followed it n got the chip reflashed nps just 1 question is it posiable to flash the chip whilst its in the xbox stuck on the side n hard wired or do i have to remove it the prog i got has extra wires with jumpers n also a pinhead part with pins n headder sorry but im new to this can do it nps whilst its out

osmonsat

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »

Can I use the X-ecuter 2.2 programmer with the 2.3b chip????

osmonsat

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (boxman{Rage} @ Feb 4 2004, 02:06 AM)
is it posiable to flash the chip whilst its in the xbox stuck on the side n hard wired or do i have to remove it the prog i got has extra wires with jumpers n also a pinhead part with pins n headder

boxman - Download the FlashX program, install it on yor xbox and you should be able to re-flash your chip without removing it. jester.gif

e-z

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

hello peeps.
all these tutorials have been extremely helpful but my problem is somehow different from all the other before this:
i have 2.3B lite + external programmer, and when I connect them toghether (everything set up in the right way) the modchip just doesn't seem to work -> no blue light from the bright led.

Did anyone have problems like this? When the chip is inside the box, there's no such problems like this. I happened to flash it with wrong size bios and now I'm so full of this all...

thanks already.

vtron70

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

e-z, you don't have the ground wire attached do you?

e-z

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (vtron70 @ Feb 10 2004, 10:33 PM)
e-z, you don't have the ground wire attached do you?

hmm. the ground is connected to the motherboard of xbox - and i've tried unplugging it and putting the wire in it that i got with the programmer. maybe i'll give it another try... isn't it the one that's right next to the 12 pins?

this is SO frustrating.

vtron70

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

Sorry, I should have elaborated. What I meant was, there was a wire that came with your programmer. And unfortuantely, the programmer doesn't come with an inventory list. But that wire, I found out the hard way, is for the older chips v2.2 and such. So you don't have to use that wire at all. The reason I asked is because I tried using that wire when I was having problems, and is shorted out my chip, causing my lights to not turn on. I was just trying to eliminate one of your prospective problems. I hope I didn't confuse you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14