xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method  (Read 12934 times)

jaydacus

• Archived User
Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method
« on: December 30, 2003, 05:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (tester123 @ Apr 21 2003, 06:49 AM)
Newer X2 chips come now come with a cromwell bios that does not require Ozxchip. Just follow these steps indicated by pdenton. (thanks pdenton)

if you have an xecutor 2.2 lite and are having problems getting cromwell to read your bios cd, i have help.

1) YOU DONT NEED THE OZXFLASH CD, JUST THE XECUTOR BIOS! (irc.easynews.com #xbins and jump on the ftp using their instructions. the dir on the ftp is /XBOX/bios/xecuter/xecuter2/MULTI )
2) dont use ultraiso and all that shit, its lame. i tried it and it didnt work. i have windows xp and used its integrated cd burning shit and it worked perfectly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO MAKE THE BIOS CD
#1 - download the 4977 xecutor bios off the ftp site listed above and extract the files
#2 - off the same ftp site in the dir /XBOX/bios/xecuter/flashbios_cromwell get the file "xecuter_flashbios.zip" and extract the dummyfile.exe
#3 - get xecutor2 bios maker (x2bm) off this site (w00t for hosting it) and extract
#4 - load up x2bm and click import. you want the X2_4977.bin file in all four banks.
#5 - click save and save it as bios.bin; im fairly sure it automatically makes it a bin, so dont put a ".bin" in the file name.
#6 - have the dummyfile.exe make you a 100mb file and put it somewhere you can remember (desktop is fineĀ  )
#7a - if you have windows xp just burn the 2 files using the integrated cd burning software. make sure you close the session or whatever.
#7b - if you dont have winxp (lamer), use nero. have it burn a data cd, no multisession, disc at once and finalize. i recommend burning at 4x

Once you have the cd burned, load up cromwell (make sure the chip is enabled, flash in unprotected and im not sure if bank makes a difference but i had it on bank2) and pop in the cd. it'll read it and should flash and turn off. if you're still having problems, it might be media. this truly does make a difference. i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend verbatim cdrw's, preferrably 650mb and 4x. i had 4x tdk 700mb cdrws and they didnt read in my philips drive. hope this helps you guys. it took me 3 days and many many hours of reading forums and IRC to get mine to work.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

If you're having trouble flashing your X2lite that came flashed with the Cromwell 1.8 bios, then PLEASE READ this and do not start anymore threads. Thanks!!!    

Ok, here we go.

You'll know you installed your x2lite correctly when you boot up, and the DVD ROM ejects automatically and the LED flashes red once, then goes back to green. That's cromwell doing its thing.

First make sure you're using an RCA connecter. An RF, S-Video, or HDTV pack usually won't work with the Cromwell 1.8 bios. You'll get a blank screen with a slight wave.

*This is what an RCA connector looks like*

user posted image

You should now see the Linux dashboard. This is what follows:

1. Download the OZXchip file (Get It Here). It will let you flash your chip with any bios you choose.

Now burn the the OZxchip.iso image to a CD/RW in nero.

**note** Its already in an ISO form so you don't need to create an ISO

Follow these steps when burning an image with nero:

Open Nero, click on "File", scroll down to "burn Image...", then locate your "ozxflashcd.iso" and select that file and click open. Now select the lowest possible write speed(2x if possible) then select the "disk at once" write method, then click the "write" button and let nero do it's job.

Now mark the CD/RW as disk 1 and set it to the side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. You'll need X2MB (Get It Here) also so you can save your bios image as a 1024 bios bin, instead of a 256 bios bin. The read me that comes with OZXchip says use 256 bios, but dis-regard this. It MUST BE A 1024 bin bios.

Now run X2MB and click the "Image Size" button, click the "import" button.  A new window will open up, choose your up to date bios that you downloaded (try bios X2 4976.02 or X2 4976.02 Coloured). Continue to import the SAME bios to all four banks, until all banks are loaded with the bios. It should look like this when you start out:

user posted image

After you've imported the SAME bios to all banks, then click the save button, and save the bin as "bios.bin". It must be saved as "bios.bin"... all lowercase. If not... you're going nowhere. Now this bin should be a 1024k bios saved as "bios.bin".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next download UltraISO here.

Now you'll need to create an ISO for your bios. To do this you'll need to add your "bios.bin" (the 1024k bios bin you created with X2BM) to the ISO you're going to create. You will also need a "fluffing" file. This adds size to the ISO so the Cromwell bios can mount it. So you'll need to ad a zip file to the ISO.

I used Nero.exe, and converted to zip form using winzip and added it to the ISO. So now you should have "bios.bin" and "Nero.zip" in your directory. NOTE.... The "bios.bin should be listed on top of the "Nero.zip". Click the "save" Icon, and save the ISO and save it as "biosflash.iso"

Now you have an ISO bios file.

Burn this image to a CD/RW with Nero using these steps:

Open Nero, click on "File", scroll down to "burn Image...", then locate your "biosflash.iso" and select that file and click open. Now select the lowest possible write speed(2x if possible) then select the "disk at once" write method, then click the "write" button and let nero do it's job.

Take the CD/RW out Label it as disk two.

----------------------------------------------------------

Your almost done now.

Boot your Xbox into the Cromwell 1.8 Linux dash. The DVD ROM should auto eject. Put in disk one. WAIT UNTIL IT SAYS "Please Insert CD" before you close the drive. Looks like this:(thanks chris76rs for the pics)

user posted image

The code should execute, just follow the on screen messages. The drive will open by itself prompting for the bios disk. Load disk 2 and let the drive close by its self. It will then proceed in flashing your chip.

user posted image

Remember the DVD ROM will open and close by itself during the process. Do not manually close or open the drive or you have to start over.

user posted image

user posted image

WHEW!!! DONE!!!

-Punchy  ph34r.gif

***EDIT***

If you're having problems with your DVD drive reading the CD/RW you may want to try this as a last resort. Thanks XDAWG!

First off Props to tester123 for this tutorial but for those who could not get it here is some help Ok here is what I had to do to get it to work. You will need a (pc) cd or dvd drive and follow this tutorial.

http://www.xbox-scen...es/swap-dvd.php

I tried for 3 days with several different types of media and got nowhere some people got better drives or their lens reads better that is why they are getting it to work and others are not. If you follow that tutorial you should get it to work mine did first time. On a side note you dont even need the power splitter to flash the bios just hook a (pc) cd or dvd drive up to the xbox ide cable and use the hard drive power supply you dont need the hard drive to flash the chip so you can use its power supply but you will need the power splitter to install evox because then of course you will need your hard drive. hope this helps out.

XDAWG

OK I need some help here guys I just got an Xecuter 2.3 lite
I installed it and it worked fine but I can't seem to get the bios update  I've tried everything  on this forum with no sucess  

Can some please help me

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (jaydacus @ Dec 30 2003, 09:02 AM)
OK I need some help here guys I just got an Xecuter 2.3 lite
I installed it and it worked fine but I can't seem to get the bios update  I've tried everything  on this forum with no sucess  

Can some please help me

You don't need this method for the New X2.2 or X2.3's...

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (IhAtEGCuBe00 @ Jan 2 2004, 08:13 AM)
I tryed flashing my xecutor 2.2 pro and i got the cdrw burned and i put it in the xbox and if finds the bios.bin but its says unknown flash halting! mad.gif

Use the tutorial in my signature

IhAtEGCuBe00

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

uhh.gif

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

I don't have a Pro so I dont know the DIP switch settings... they are around here somewhere though.

lmorales63

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

I am sorry to ask this but I have tried the IRC address you have posted as well as an extensive search to find 4077 and I have been unsuccessful. Any other urls you can point me to or can you just PM. Thank you.

brysonpare

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

Yes, the links posted in the first post aren't active anymore. Are there any other links to the files needed?

Llamma

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

try looking at the Xecuter Forums for help on bios locations and dip switch settings

Ethan98TA

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

Ok.... I need some help.  I've read through every single page/post on this forum and I can't find the answer.

I have an X2Lite 2.3b+.  I installed it, all 3 LED's light up, etc.... everything appears to be fine.  I power on the XBox and I get the screen for the Cromwell BIOS with a prompt that says, "Please insert CD - Flashing Mode".

I have the Thomson-DVD Drive (POS).

I created an ISO image that has the bios.bin file on it aswell as a 100mb dummy.bin on it using UltraISO and am burning the image with Alcohol 120%.  I've tried the following media and all it does is reads it for a few seconds then ejects it:

TDK 74min CD-R
Memorex 52x CD-R
Philips 40x CD-R
Memorex 40x Music-CD CD-R
Memorex 4x CDRW

Am I missing something here?  5 different types of media and all it does is read for several seconds then ejects?  Did it flash?

Thanks for the help.

FatTortoise

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

I got my BIOS to flash. But now, when I try to start my XBOX, it flashes RED GREEN RED GREEN, OVER AND OVER and goes nowhere. It is just a black screen! HELP! What Happened!? I dont know what to do!

Garybaldy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

I just bought and installed the Xecuter 2.3 pro. I was reading bios flashing instructions at the top of this thread. And was wondering if anything might have changed snice that was posted.

Was also wondering if perhaps somebody might reccomend another good bios to me

Clubmed112

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

I just downloaded the X2 4983 bios, and there is two .BIN files, which do i use? one is 498.67 and the other is 4983.06 and do i need just the .BIN files or all of the stuff in that folder

Clubmed112

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

Ethan98TA: Try using a DVD-r or DVD-rw

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »

Newer X2 chips come now come with a cromwell bios that does not require Ozxchip. Just follow these steps indicated by pdenton. (thanks pdenton)

if you have an xecutor 2.2 lite and are having problems getting cromwell to read your bios cd, i have help.

1) YOU DONT NEED THE OZXFLASH CD, JUST THE XECUTOR BIOS! (irc.easynews.com #xbins and jump on the ftp using their instructions. the dir on the ftp is /XBOX/bios/xecuter/xecuter2/MULTI )
2) dont use ultraiso and all that shit, its lame. i tried it and it didnt work. i have windows xp and used its integrated cd burning shit and it worked perfectly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO MAKE THE BIOS CD
#1 - download the 4977 xecutor bios off the ftp site listed above and extract the files
#2 - off the same ftp site in the dir /XBOX/bios/xecuter/flashbios_cromwell get the file "xecuter_flashbios.zip" and extract the dummyfile.exe
#3 - get xecutor2 bios maker (x2bm) off this site (w00t for hosting it) and extract
#4 - load up x2bm and click import. you want the X2_4977.bin file in all four banks.
#5 - click save and save it as bios.bin; im fairly sure it automatically makes it a bin, so dont put a ".bin" in the file name.
#6 - have the dummyfile.exe make you a 100mb file and put it somewhere you can remember (desktop is fine  )
#7a - if you have windows xp just burn the 2 files using the integrated cd burning software. make sure you close the session or whatever.
#7b - if you dont have winxp (lamer), use nero. have it burn a data cd, no multisession, disc at once and finalize. i recommend burning at 4x

Once you have the cd burned, load up cromwell (make sure the chip is enabled, flash in unprotected and im not sure if bank makes a difference but i had it on bank2) and pop in the cd. it'll read it and should flash and turn off. if you're still having problems, it might be media. this truly does make a difference. i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend verbatim cdrw's, preferrably 650mb and 4x. i had 4x tdk 700mb cdrws and they didnt read in my philips drive. hope this helps you guys. it took me 3 days and many many hours of reading forums and IRC to get mine to work.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

If you're having trouble flashing your X2lite that came flashed with the Cromwell 1.8 bios, then PLEASE READ this and do not start anymore threads. Thanks!!!    

Ok, here we go.

You'll know you installed your x2lite correctly when you boot up, and the DVD ROM ejects automatically and the LED flashes red once, then goes back to green. That's cromwell doing its thing.

First make sure you're using an RCA connecter. An RF, S-Video, or HDTV pack usually won't work with the Cromwell 1.8 bios. You'll get a blank screen with a slight wave.

*This is what an RCA connector looks like*

(IMG:http://www.pimfg.com/products/PI-XBOX-1.GIF)

You should now see the Linux dashboard. This is what follows:

1. Download the OZXchip file (Get It Here). It will let you flash your chip with any bios you choose.

Now burn the the OZxchip.iso image to a CD/RW in nero.

**note** Its already in an ISO form so you don't need to create an ISO

Follow these steps when burning an image with nero:

Open Nero, click on "File", scroll down to "burn Image...", then locate your "ozxflashcd.iso" and select that file and click open. Now select the lowest possible write speed(2x if possible) then select the "disk at once" write method, then click the "write" button and let nero do it's job.

Now mark the CD/RW as disk 1 and set it to the side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. You'll need X2MB (Get It Here) also so you can save your bios image as a 1024 bios bin, instead of a 256 bios bin. The read me that comes with OZXchip says use 256 bios, but dis-regard this. It MUST BE A 1024 bin bios.

Now run X2MB and click the "Image Size" button, click the "import" button.  A new window will open up, choose your up to date bios that you downloaded (try bios X2 4976.02 or X2 4976.02 Coloured). Continue to import the SAME bios to all four banks, until all banks are loaded with the bios. It should look like this when you start out:

(IMG:http://users.belgacom.net/bn257386/x-ecuter2/tutorials/flash-01.jpg)

After you've imported the SAME bios to all banks, then click the save button, and save the bin as "bios.bin". It must be saved as "bios.bin"... all lowercase. If not... you're going nowhere. Now this bin should be a 1024k bios saved as "bios.bin".

Next download UltraISO here.

Now you'll need to create an ISO for your bios. To do this you'll need to add your "bios.bin" (the 1024k bios bin you created with X2BM) to the ISO you're going to create. You will also need a "fluffing" file. This adds size to the ISO so the Cromwell bios can mount it. So you'll need to ad a zip file to the ISO.

I used Nero.exe, and converted to zip form using winzip and added it to the ISO. So now you should have "bios.bin" and "Nero.zip" in your directory. NOTE.... The "bios.bin should be listed on top of the "Nero.zip". Click the "save" Icon, and save the ISO and save it as "biosflash.iso"

Now you have an ISO bios file.

Burn this image to a CD/RW with Nero using these steps:

Open Nero, click on "File", scroll down to "burn Image...", then locate your "biosflash.iso" and select that file and click open. Now select the lowest possible write speed(2x if possible) then select the "disk at once" write method, then click the "write" button and let nero do it's job.

Take the CD/RW out Label it as disk two.

----------------------------------------------------------

Your almost done now.

Boot your Xbox into the Cromwell 1.8 Linux dash. The DVD ROM should auto eject. Put in disk one. WAIT UNTIL IT SAYS "Please Insert CD" before you close the drive. Looks like this:(thanks chris76rs for the pics)

(IMG:http://www.fbodyconnection.com/temp/cromwellcrap.gif)

The code should execute, just follow the on screen messages. The drive will open by itself prompting for the bios disk. Load disk 2 and let the drive close by its self. It will then proceed in flashing your chip.

(IMG:http://www.fbodyconnection.com/temp/reflash.jpg)

Remember the DVD ROM will open and close by itself during the process. Do not manually close or open the drive or you have to start over.

(IMG:http://www.fbodyconnection.com/temp/reflash2.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.fbodyconnection.com/temp/reflash3.jpg)

WHEW!!! DONE!!!

-Punchy  :ph34r:

***EDIT***

If you're having problems with your DVD drive reading the CD/RW you may want to try this as a last resort. Thanks XDAWG!

First off Props to tester123 for this tutorial but for those who could not get it here is some help Ok here is what I had to do to get it to work. You will need a (pc) cd or dvd drive and follow this tutorial.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/swap-dvd.php

I tried for 3 days with several different types of media and got nowhere some people got better drives or their lens reads better that is why they are getting it to work and others are not. If you follow that tutorial you should get it to work mine did first time. On a side note you dont even need the power splitter to flash the bios just hook a (pc) cd or dvd drive up to the xbox ide cable and use the hard drive power supply you dont need the hard drive to flash the chip so you can use its power supply but you will need the power splitter to install evox because then of course you will need your hard drive. hope this helps out.

XDAWG

This post has been edited by tester123: Jul 30 2003, 03:29 AM

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2003, 06:35:00 AM »

Some people might still need help...bump laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23